Default Traxxas TRX-4

The New Orange Limited Edition Traxxas TRX-4

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
MrSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Traxxas TRX-4

I think someone is repainting those and re-selling them. If I'm wrong I dig it...might pinch for one.
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Not a huge fan of orange but I love the hood and roof...might paint mine
FANATICRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #4

Looks to be a real thing.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Great Hobbies already has it listed and available in August. I noticed the windows are clear or tinted and not decals on the new limited edition orange version. Also comes with black accessories, a fancy 110 decal and beadlocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fookison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:11 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I like it. But I'm a fan of orange. Will it be available in US? Seems the Green special edition was not.
HTFU Defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Looks to be a real thing.

What is the Traxxas part/model number?

I suspect this is being altered and rebranded in Asia. Not necessarily a bad thing as long as you are aware of it.

If this is a genuine model from Traxxas, I see no mention of it.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:01 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

TRX820564OR as found in Great Hobbies website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2018, 05:20 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fookison View Post
TRX820564OR as found in Great Hobbies website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is not a Traxxas model number. "Traxxas" model number, not the web commerce site model number.

I'm not suggesting that it isn't a good find, a good product, an awesome color...whatever. If someone would be willing to take a new chassis and paint me up a new body with a killer color and clear windows, I might buy one myself. This looks very much like altered bodies sold on TRX-4 chassis by outfits(s) in Asia. Not a peep from any formal Traxxas press release? Nothing? Everyone talking about it but Traxxas?

Here's another "Dark Green Limited Edition,"...really?

Traxxas TRX-4 1/10 4WD RTR Land Rover Defender D110 Crawler Dark Green Limited Edition w/TQi Traxxas Link #82056-4GRN (Discounti,

Hmmm...www.rpphobby.com? Nothing. www.amainhobbies.com? Nope, nothing there either.

Why might this matter to a buyer?

One word: Warranty

Traxxas, the company, is not fond of warranting altered products, resold. Anyone purchasing one of these should be aware of that "potential" risk.

IF I'm wrong, and these are all legit, leaked out, future Traxxas products, offering clear windows and awesome body color choices? My sincerest apologies...my day job deals with this stuff all day - seems suspect to me, as I can find nothing from Traxxas regarding all these "Limited Edition" models that are popping up daily.

Last edited by celt; 05-17-2018 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #10
RCC Addict

it's a official traxxas Edition
here in the pic you can see the org. box

this orange Edition was presented by traxxas at the Nürnberg toy fair (2018 ).
several german/european stores have it listed ....

Last edited by magic_yeti; 05-17-2018 at 08:06 AM.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
it's a official traxxas Edition
here in the pic you can see the org. box this orange Edition was presented by traxxas at the Nürnberg toy fair (2018 ). several german/european stores have it listed ....
Traxxas announced three new models at the 2018 fair:

Pro Scale 4wd Unlimited Desert Racer
E-Revo 2.0
Ford Bronco TRX-4

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/3-new-tra...burg-toy-fair/

No mention at all of "Limited Edition" TRX-4 models. No mention of them by Traxxas anywhere here in the states, so these are only available to the European market? Why, why won't they ship these models to the US or mainland China? Why has Asia and European shops offered these, but not a mention at all from Traxxas? Show me a part number from Traxxas, show me an announcement from Traxxas...nothing.

"Note: We do not ship this product to Mainland China & USA. Please contact the local dealers for assistance."

because it would be illegal...ya think?

http://www.rcmart.com/traxxas-820564grn-limited-edition-trx4-with-dark-green-land-rover-p-74999.html

Last I'm going to comment on it...do as you like, you've been warned. Hate to see someone get a product they didn't intend.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

First I owe everyone a sincere apology.

I am lucky enough to have my LHS a few blocks from my home. The shop goes through a pallet of Traxxas products a week.

I showed the owner these "Limited Edition" TRX-4's and he, like me, had no reference whatsoever of these items. Being a Traxxas dealer, he inquired and got a response directly from Traxxas.

The explanation he received, is that the orange TRX-4 is a Canadian product, never meant to be available to the US market. That is why there is no Traxxas product number on their US site. He was told that he could order them if he liked. He asked my opinion, and I said I like the orange the best of the three. His conversation made no mention of the dark green "Limited Edition" that I've also seen - that color seems the most realistic and scale to me at least. Who knew...that Traxxas had a "Canadian" market?

So, I eat crow on this one gents - these appear to be a valid product. At least I can confirm that regarding the orange colored TRX-4.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
First I owe everyone a sincere apology.

I am lucky enough to have my LHS a few blocks from my home. The shop goes through a pallet of Traxxas products a week.

I showed the owner these "Limited Edition" TRX-4's and he, like me, had no reference whatsoever of these items. Being a Traxxas dealer, he inquired and got a response directly from Traxxas.

The explanation he received, is that the orange TRX-4 is a Canadian product, never meant to be available to the US market. That is why there is no Traxxas product number on their US site. He was told that he could order them if he liked. He asked my opinion, and I said I like the orange the best of the three. His conversation made no mention of the dark green "Limited Edition" that I've also seen - that color seems the most realistic and scale to me at least. Who knew...that Traxxas had a "Canadian" market?

So, I eat crow on this one gents - these appear to be a valid product. At least I can confirm that regarding the orange colored TRX-4.

NP! . Great Hobbies of which I quoted in an earlier post is a Canadian Company with several outlets across the country of whom many of us Canucks purchase our RC products from. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Traxxas TRX-4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas TRX-4 x 2 driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 0 10-09-2017 06:53 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 Giveaway Locked Up General Crawlers 21 06-05-2017 08:01 PM