Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: cartronicshn Bronco experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default cartronicshn Bronco experience

So after a two month wait the Bronco finally arrived, the first thing i noticed is that the box felt much lighter than the landy did, i unpacked it at the office couldn't wait to get home, i inmediately fell in love with the color combo ( i had doubts at first if ordering the black/red combo or this) , very nice, only thing was the chrome on the grill and bumpers weren't 100% perfect a couple of small wrinkles, nothing to kill the look of the body.
Attached Images

cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: cartronicshn Bronco experience

Hello people, first report on the bronco trx4, not so good, yesterday i brought with me the nimh battery pack included with the bigfoot that still has the traxxas connector on it, i drove the truck for a couple of feet and it stopped moving forward... green led on the truck flashing fast, didn't think much of it , i thought lipo protection got triggered, fast forward today, i chopped the connector stuck a dean on the car put a 3s lipo pack and same deal, all servos working no motor and green led on the truck flashing fast, i read through the manual and that green led flashing fast means radio not bound? i did the whole rebinding deal but it never paired, the radio would start flashing red fast so would the receiver , i turned everything of and servos work...i have no idea if i have a bad transmitter or receiver..if i give throttle ever so lightly it will move forward and the green led on the receiver will stay on as to say bound, but i have no reverse...sorry for the long rant, i am at a loss here, feels like im in competition setting with no reverse.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I have know ruled out the receiver and esc, it seems it's the remote, i got a dud, if i jiggle around the throttle in reverse it will kick in but it will also cut out...so the fast flashing led on the receiver its probably because the throttle trigger is not centering?
Old 05-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

So i took the bronco for a test drive and i really like how it handles compared to the defender, i am now going home and going to bind the defender radio to the bronco and make sure the problem is the radio's trottle so i can contact traxxas.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Update! So i was wrong, i went and tried to bind the defender radio to the broncos receiver and it didn't work, so then i took the bronco´s radio and binded it to the defender and it worked, throttle trigger works flawlessly, so i now know the problem is the receiver, i will try to contact traxxas, i tried to register the truck on their site and after filling all the info survey and everything i got an error message and to try later
Old 05-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Update, so after tryng to register my cars and failing to do so, i emailed traxxas support, they answered call us, i did, and go everything taken care of in less than 5 minutes, they are sending a new receiver, that is some great customer service if you ask me. well done traxxas.