Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 2017 Jeep JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX-4 2017 Jeep CRC JK

I unfortunately don't have many pictures of my project. Really enjoyed building it. It's got a new home where I know it's going to see lots of rocks and love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2018, 09:22 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Default Re: TRX-4 2017 Jeep JK

That is awesome!
niro750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niro750 View Post
That is awesome!
Thank you so much for the comment. I was working on it in the evenings trying to get it ready. I got so excited I for got to get some good pics of it before I sent it out.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

I almost forgot I did receive some pics of it outside at its new home

Old 09-06-2018, 09:40 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

It also has full LED lights in all the front lights. I made my own lights and installed them with Shoe Goo. All I can say is it is very bright really lights up the trail.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:36 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Talking Re: TRX-4 2017 Jeep JK

A few months ago I met this really cool guy (Mark aka carpetfuzz) on here and about a month or two ago watched him start building this dingo. He had been asking me my opinion on a few things here and there. Thought I was just helping push him through his build. Little did I know. He was building it for my family to be able to come out & run with me. I got home on Tuesday to a box sitting on the table. I had no clue what he had sent. Me and the girls cut open the box to find this awesome little truck. I was dumbfounded. Still am! I couldn't be more appreciative. Couldn't have met a better friend then I have in Mark. Thank you SO much brother! You have made this guy and my family extremely happy! Still can't believe you did this! Thank you again brotha! Wednesday evening I threw my rims & tires of my trx on it so the girls could drive it. Joss did amazing with it & absolutely loves it. She was the inspiration for the color. Last night the wife wanted to drive it. So I threw a battery in & of she went. She loves it! Wants to start running comps with me now . She wants to build a jeep body for it. So I'm sure that'll come before too long. I will be starting a build thread for this rig in the next few days in the scx10 section. Thank you Mark! You have no idea how happy you have made my little family!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Here's a few pics from last night

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 09-07-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:32 AM   #48
Gold Star Baby!

Mark you are the man! What an amazing gesture. I sure do love this community.

Justin, it’s great to hear it’s already getting some action with your family and that they are so happy with it. Couldn’t have happened to better people.

Almost forgot to mention, beautiful build! The body is killer and the cage and interior are perfect too. Easily one of my favorite rover builds.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 09-07-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
A few months ago I met this really cool guy (Mark aka carpetfuzz) on here and about a month or two ago watched him start building this dingo. He had been asking me my opinion on a few things here and there. Thought I was just helping push him through his build. Little did I know. He was building it for my family to be able to come out & run with me. I got home on Tuesday to a box sitting on the table. I had no clue what he had sent. Me and the girls cut open the box to find this awesome little truck. I was dumbfounded. Still am! I couldn't be more appreciative. Couldn't have met a better friend then I have in Mark. Thank you SO much brother! You have made this guy and my family extremely happy! Still can't believe you did this! Thank you again brotha! Wednesday evening I threw my rims & tires of my trx on it so the girls could drive it. Joss did amazing with it & absolutely loves it. She was the inspiration for the color. Last night the wife wanted to drive it. So I threw a battery in & of she went. She loves it! Wants to start running comps with me now . She wants to build a jeep body for it. So I'm sure that'll come before too long. I will be starting a build thread for this rig in the next few days in the scx10 section. Thank you Mark! You have no idea how happy you have made my little family!
Justin thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure building it up with your input on things all the while not knowing what was coming. The spare tire comment was my favorite I am so happy that you and your family are able to enjoy it and that is what I built it for. Seeing the pictures of you and your girls out enjoying the family time together really touched me. I thought damn what can I do to make it more exciting for them I got it. You are one of the best friends I have even though we have never met. Watching your daughter drive through the course was the best and made me feel like I was part of the family. Hearing that your wife is getting more interested is great. That is just going to lead to more family activities together and I can't wait to see the pics Again you are so very welcome and I know you and your girls are enjoying and the best part about being able to do something you enjoy and they enjoy together. Now for round 2 one for the wife
Old 09-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Mark you are the man! What an amazing gesture. I sure do love this community.

Justin, it’s great to hear it’s already getting some action with your family and that they are so happy with it. Couldn’t have happened to better people.

Almost forgot to mention, beautiful build! The body is killer and the cage and interior are perfect too. Easily one of my favorite rover builds.
Thank you very much Pants it was hard to keep it a secret. Going to the store picking colors trying to figure out what shade without letting the kitty out of the bag sending little teaser pics was fun as I would take just enough to see but hide the rest it definitely went to a awesome home

Thank you again for the body comment. I have seen your work and coming from you I really appreciate the comments. It really came out awesome. The color is so much better looking in person. Actually it is one of my favorites too
Old 09-07-2018, 07:35 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

I have been keeping an eye out for so older SCX10 Jeeps and found one for a really good deal. Complete body and some accessories,light bar and a driver dude. Removed some parts already and ready to clean it up so I can hack the hell out of it. Anybody looking for a cheap light bar let's talk.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Got a little bit more done and I do mean little but better than nothing. Needed to trim back the front plate to let the grill drop in

Old 09-10-2018, 07:53 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Time to start hacking away

Old 09-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

What the heck happened

Old 09-11-2018, 05:29 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
What the heck happened

Ahhhhh....... That's a scary sight! LoL! Skit that Mark! I'm excited to see this thing come together!
Old 09-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Ahhhhh....... That's a scary sight! LoL! Skit that Mark! I'm excited to see this thing come together!
Thanks Animal. Yes indeed a very scary sight. Wasn't planning on that much waste. Anyhow the bar has been set. Need to make sure it comes out as nice as the LD. The LD was my favorite build so far
Old 09-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Early stages of getting the interior mocked up far from done but I think it's looking good

Old 09-12-2018, 08:12 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Got to open a early gift last and I picked a good can't wait to see what else she got me

Old 09-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #59
Gold Star Baby!

Now the surgery makes sense! Looking like a good start.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Now the surgery makes sense! Looking like a good start.
Thanks Pants... There usually is a reasoning to my madness... well sometimes

TRX-4 2017 Jeep JK - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee carpetfuzz17 Traxxas TRX-4 187 03-14-2021 07:28 PM
Jeep JK TRX-4 Build Crawler505 Traxxas TRX-4 46 05-12-2019 07:16 PM
2017 CRC Jeep Body carpetfuzz17 Axial SCX10 II 10 07-22-2018 08:25 PM
2017 Jeep body width number9 Axial SCX10 II 2 03-31-2018 10:12 AM