Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: MObs TRX-4 Rock Marauder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2018, 07:03 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default MObs TRX-4 Rock Marauder

So its been a minute since Ive had the TRX-4 on the rocks, not since my sweet HH motor took one for the team on a jagged rock, and I wasn't driving (of course :p) So for now I've put back the Titan and its turning well after sitting on shelf for a few.

So I think browsing this forum the thing to do is to make a build thread because I love reading them and then also looking at others people creations and all the cool bodies.

I don't have much of a build but I can tell you what I did and its been a while since Ive posted so who the remembers anyway haha.
So here's what I did; Most recently was installing two light bars, im using 4aa batteries and in parallel only 6v but a small lipo might be the trick for this in the future if the batteries drain too quickly. To make the SHV steering servo work I just plugged it into the accessory connector thats on the stock esc and just always run 3s. It eventually broke the stock gear and i installed an SSD one under the steering servo.

To make the body fit, which I just bought off ebay not knowing much about it, and is made of thin printed? lexan or plastic. First I just held the body over the trx4 to see what it would do, right away you see the rear posts are way too high. I went into my parts bin and found some small posts from an Axial Yeti parts bag and installed those. They fit kind of loose but it doesn't seem to matter.
Because this body is meant for SCX-10 its short, so I only looked at the front wheel arches and tried to find where it looked best.
I had to cut the rear of the body in order to provide clearance for the rear wheels and it sorta kinda helps with the wheelbase thing visually but i can still tell, eventually I'll buy what i need to get it perfect.

This body comes with side skirts or floor board style slider thing but it looks ugly on top of the traxxas ones so I bent them back and forth until they snapped off clean. I also removed this ladder thing and what looked like a farm plow off the rear. I know that is a trad mark defender thing but it literally digs into the ground lol.
Since the body sits taller then the traxxas body I used spacers and longer screws to raise up the sliders on the frame to remove some of the gap.
Then I used all the accessories from the TRX4 defender body including the roof rack and installed them onto the body, including a cool little fire extinguisher I found on rpp website. I put the hub cap from a steel wheel over a 4.10 sized tire and used a cable tie to hold it down to make it look like a spare tire.
It has no rear bumper, but an SSD bumper in the front. I'm also having trouble resizing my pictures so here is just 1 and a video for now )

plus the first run of the summer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAwTZgkVLIk

Last edited by Mountainsofbeer; 07-16-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Mountainsofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #2

Default Re: MObs TRX-4 Rock Marauder

thank you for coming back and sharing! Dig the body!

I wish I would have thought of using the auxiliary connector for the servo. sounds like a great idea if your servo can handle the power presented.

Last edited by Miatardo; 07-17-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Miatardo is offline   Reply With Quote

MObs TRX-4 Rock Marauder - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Rock Sport Mountainsofbeer Scale Videos! 0 09-11-2017 02:36 AM
TRX-4 Marauder Mountainsofbeer Traxxas TRX-4 0 08-25-2017 12:05 PM
Threats from a would be Marauder.. ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 11 11-15-2013 09:42 AM
the marauder weeble163 General Scale Talk 4 04-01-2013 04:08 PM