Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 10:11 PM   #401
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyRicky View Post
Installed a anti-roll bar today for testing. I love it! Never know what your going to find digging through box’s of old parts👍 Be cool if I could figure out how to post pictures.
use photobucket.com to post pics
moedawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 04:18 AM   #402
RCC Addict

How do I post pics?
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:16 AM   #403
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
New Sport body looks great B-MOW! Nice colors and scheme, plus it looks 10 times better with clear windows! I just got my commanche body done, but I'm already thinking about doing up the Sport "Camper" body. Really liking the scale accessories Traxxas is doing like the grill and light bucket kits.

I did order the Narrow inner fenders today, so I'll be mounting those up as soon as they arrive.
Hey, thanks!

Agree on the windows. Still not sure why Traxxas paints the windows.

I do like the "Camper" body. I have seen some pretty cool paint schemes on this body. May have to pick one of them up too!

I thought about getting the narrow fenders, but I already had the Bronco fenders, so I used them. I did have to narrow them to fit inside of the body.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #404
I wanna be Dave

Screwed around with the RTR Sport body last night. Got a bit inspired about it again after seeing B-MOW's.

I was going to order the Traxxas rack for it and scale it out, but I've decided to keep this one as a lean, mean runner. (Something about scaling out a body with black sticker windows just didn't sit well with me.)

Anyways, I cut out the front grill area and added stainless mesh. Looks a good bit meaner imho. Then, I patched the holes in the bed where I had the cage installed before and shot it with bedliner.

All in all, she don't look to shabby. I figure I'll use this body when I'm just thrashing and looking for light weight, performance versus scale.
Attached Images

mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:31 AM   #405
RCC Addict

Quote:
Screwed around with the RTR Sport body last night. Got a bit inspired about it again after seeing B-MOW's.

I was going to order the Traxxas rack for it and scale it out, but I've decided to keep this one as a lean, mean runner. (Something about scaling out a body with black sticker windows just didn't sit well with me.)

Anyways, I cut out the front grill area and added stainless mesh. Looks a good bit meaner imho. Then, I patched the holes in the bed where I had the cage installed before and shot it with bedliner.

All in all, she don't look to shabby. I figure I'll use this body when I'm just thrashing and looking for light weight, performance versus scale.

That grill looks great! Liking what I'm seeing. Too bad is a Ford LMAO!
AnimalHippie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #406
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Animal! I always thought of its looks as sort of a bastardized Tacoma.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #407
Quarry Creeper

added few knight custom parts and a rear tire strap.

moedawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:26 PM   #408
I wanna be Dave

Finalized the detailing and accessorizing... now it's time to go drive it again!
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:35 AM   #409
Gold Star Baby!

A couple clips of the same little line here on insta... almost lost her when I was staring at the camera instead of watching the truck like a noob

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt00rPsA...=1ahi3hcrleggo
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:05 AM   #410
I wanna be Dave

Damn you Danza! All that sweet crawling and I'm stuck in 20 degree temps and snow! Oh well, we make the best of our situations right!?

Anyway, did a bit more on the ole Sport RTR body last night. Touched up the bedliner on the fender flares, and did some additional trimming on the tailgate and front end to accommodate the new metal bumpers better. I'm really kinda diggin the stripped down look on her now. Going back n forth on cutting out the windows. Problem is, if I do that, I'll wanna do at least some sort of interior, and that mitigates the weight savings and lean n mean approach I was heading for with this body. I know, I know, I could still run without an interior. But, I'm one of those freaks who likes to see a driver.

I do still want to bring the rear bumper in a bit. My original thought was to cut on it a bit to allow it to recess further, but it's just not going to be possible the more I looked at it. Looks like I'm going to have to lob a bit off the chassis rails and then drill some new bumper mount holes. Probably get in to that this weekend.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #411
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Finalized the detailing and accessorizing... now it's time to go drive it again!
Rig is looking awesome durok!
Old 02-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #412
I wanna be Dave

BTW - anyone have any experience with the STRC brass? Considering ordering this set-up for the Sporto. I like the fact that it already comes in black!
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #413
Go Buckeyes!

Do not have any info on STRC, but the Samix brass is really nice quality. Adds a ton of weight. I believe Amain and RCmart is the only stores that carry them.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2019, 09:42 AM   #414
Gold Star Baby!

Walsh it’s been windy and colder (high 40s) but still bearable, nothing like y’all are dealing with and other folks out in the be
Midwest and east.

x2 on the samix brass. the samix I have has held up great. I have no experience with the STRC brass though. I will add that the SSD portal covers have the most weight by far, and a nice finish.

I feel you on the driver, that one is starting to bother me more but the one that usually sticks out the most to me is mirrors which sucks because it’s been a challenge to find some that will stay on the truck longer than a day on the rocks.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:48 AM   #415
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Do not have any info on STRC, but the Samix brass is really nice quality. Adds a ton of weight. I believe Amain and RCmart is the only stores that carry them.
The Samix does look very nice B-MOW. Assuming the scale rotors and calipers are also a Samix option accessory?

Edit: Just checked AMAIN - Looks like all the Samix stuff is on back order right now. I'll check RC Mart, but would prefer AMAIN.

Last edited by mewalsh100; 02-13-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:07 AM   #416
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
The Samix does look very nice B-MOW. Assuming the scale rotors and calipers are also a Samix option accessory?

Edit: Just checked AMAIN - Looks like all the Samix stuff is on back order right now. I'll check RC Mart, but would prefer AMAIN.
Yes, the rotors are Samix also. You can get them in the kit or separately.

Also bought the Samix shock spring cups. They add a nice bit of weight to the bottom of the shock. They also slide over the shock shaft so they will not pop off and get lost.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #417
I wanna be Dave

Pulled the trigger on the Samix brass for front and rear at AMAIN. Figure I can deal with back order status with the weather being what it is.(got the scale rotors as well) Thanks for the info Gents!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #418
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Walsh it’s been windy and colder (high 40s) but still bearable, nothing like y’all are dealing with and other folks out in the be
Midwest and east.

x2 on the samix brass. the samix I have has held up great. I have no experience with the STRC brass though. I will add that the SSD portal covers have the most weight by far, and a nice finish.

I feel you on the driver, that one is starting to bother me more but the one that usually sticks out the most to me is mirrors which sucks because it’s been a challenge to find some that will stay on the truck longer than a day on the rocks.
I have problems with mirrors breaking off too. I finally bought the RC4WD rubber mirrors for the Mojave II. I drilled a hole in the center and bolted them on. Have not had one come off since. Here is a pic of them on my VS4-10. This is the best pic of them I have. Also have them on my other rigs too.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #419
I wanna be Dave

I feel you on the driver, that one is starting to bother me more but the one that usually sticks out the most to me is mirrors which sucks because it’s been a challenge to find some that will stay on the truck longer than a day on the rocks.[/QUOTE]

Danza - I used some rubber RC4WD TF2 mirrors on the Commanche body. They just bend and fold on rocks and roll overs.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #420
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawi View Post
use photobucket.com to post pics

Is Photobucket still charging outrageous prices or did they get flamed so bad that they backed off their pricing?
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote

What did you do to your TRX-4 today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM