Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4
Loading

Notices

Thread: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #761
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Oakley
Posts: 248
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Turned out nice mass-hole. Are you planning on doing an interior?


Maybe, if i have time. I travel a lot for work, I am in the middle of converting a T-maxx 3.3 to brushless and need to repair my Rock Rey after one of the screws and bushings fell out of the Hot Racing Bellcrank. They tell you to assemble the parts with loctite, but they donít use it on the screws they assemble at the factory so they fall out and you canít get replacements. SMH
mass-hole is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #762
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 256
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Tomorrow is trx4 maiden run for the new electronics. Not the cleanest wiring i have done but nothing will get in moving parts so it's functional but still to be refined. And new SSD metal drive shafts. Also rewired my parents ax-10 and my TF2 was a long night called it at 5am.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:42 PM   #763
*PWNY Danza
 
Pant Danza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 913
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Got the interior finished up and in the K10. Rushed it a little to get it ready for plbtf last night but work got in the way and I missed the event. Here she is.

(Thatís not a head on the floor, itís Elevenís wig)
Attached Images
   
Pant Danza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #764
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 789
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

You guys crack me up with your drivers. 'Drifter, I think you're taking "baby driver" a bit too literally.
And 'Danza, you should hang her wig from a tiny string .... so it flies around the cab as she bounces.
.... and I thought my Rabbid in my '53 was funny.


jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #765
*PWNY Danza
 
Pant Danza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 913
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Haha I like that idea with the string. Might have to try that out!

I need to restock on 7” figures but they’re kind of tough to find sometimes.
Pant Danza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:47 AM   #766
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Olympia
Posts: 45
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

After frying my stock ESC in the sport the other day, I ended up ordering a HW 1080 off amazon. It arrived today so I installed it.

First order of business... chop chop...


Tried to keep it on the same side as stock.


Found the wire to the receiver box was a bit shorter than the original. I just ran it straight through the middle.


A shot from the underside...zip tied the cable under the battery tray,


Powered up fine so tomorrow will be fun to give it a go on the landscaping.
olydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:38 PM   #767
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 202
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olydemon View Post
After frying my stock ESC in the sport the other day, I ended up ordering a HW 1080 off amazon. It arrived today so I installed it.



First order of business... chop chop...





Tried to keep it on the same side as stock.





Found the wire to the receiver box was a bit shorter than the original. I just ran it straight through the middle.





A shot from the underside...zip tied the cable under the battery tray,





Powered up fine so tomorrow will be fun to give it a go on the landscaping.
Why run under battery tray when you can run it between tray and transmission

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:12 AM   #768
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Olympia
Posts: 45
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
Why run under battery tray when you can run it between tray and transmission

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

To get it over the transmission like the stock ESC was wired, it had to be turned with the battery/motor wires to the outside and the wire still seemed strained. I guess I preferred the placement like this, but am open to changing it if that's a bad way to do it.
olydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:36 AM   #769
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 690
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olydemon View Post
To get it over the transmission like the stock ESC was wired, it had to be turned with the battery/motor wires to the outside and the wire still seemed strained. I guess I preferred the placement like this, but am open to changing it if that's a bad way to do it.
Yeah I'd definitely route it between the battery tray and transmission with a 3"-4" extension from Spektrum, Associated, etc. Too vulnerable to sticks and stuff where it's routed now. Cool upgrades!
high plains drifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:43 AM   #770
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 690
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawi View Post
I was a lil bored so i made a quick video of the truck in the diorama garage.

https://youtu.be/U1vTTr_9TjM
I highly recommend checking out this video... very well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Terrifyingly awesome driver there HPD. The bronco looks great and the ssd bumpers fit perfect in there. I like.
Thanks, PD. I'm happy with the bumpers for the most part. Kinda funny that wanting a new Blazer body has inspired me to finally paint my other Bronco body. I can't justify getting a new body before finishing one that I've already got so hopefully I'll be posting pics of a fresh new Bronco soon ( gun-metal & white two-tone). Btw... your photography skills continue to amaze me. Love seeing your pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post
'Drifter, I think you're taking "baby driver" a bit too literally.
I don't want to run this thread too far sideways but I'll share just a bit more about this little guy before posting his rags to riches back-story in the driver's thread.

It seems like just yesterday that my wife was refusing to even look at him. I personally think that our handsome little man is destined for epic off-road adventures and it's amazing how fast he's growing! Almost overnight, he's gone from completely bald to having a full head of thinning man hair! And I don't mean to gush but I believe that a mustache, razor stubble, scars, a cigarette, a bloody lip, some tattoos, and body piercings will be in his future as well... a father can dream anyway. Just don't be fooled by those lovely blue eyes though. Behind that adorable expression lies the heart of a rebel... a rebel named Bronson Eastwood.

high plains drifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:55 AM   #771
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Olympia
Posts: 45
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Yeah I'd definitely route it between the battery tray and transmission with a 3"-4" extension from Spektrum, Associated, etc. Too vulnerable to sticks and stuff where it's routed now. Cool upgrades!

I see your point, wasn't thinking of that. I'll go to the LHS today to see what they have for extensions.



The new ESC is night and day better. Glad I smoked the stock one.
olydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #772
*PWNY Danza
 
Pant Danza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 913
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Thanks, PD. I'm happy with the bumpers for the most part. Kinda funny that wanting a new Blazer body has inspired me to finally paint my other Bronco body. I can't justify getting a new body before finishing one that I've already got so hopefully I'll be posting pics of a fresh new Bronco soon ( gun-metal & white two-tone). Btw... your photography skills continue to amaze me. Love seeing your pics!



I don't want to run this thread too far sideways but I'll share just a bit more about this little guy before posting his rags to riches back-story in the driver's thread.

It seems like just yesterday that my wife was refusing to even look at him. I personally think that our handsome little man is destined for epic off-road adventures and it's amazing how fast he's growing! Almost overnight, he's gone from completely bald to having a full head of thinning man hair! And I don't mean to gush but I believe that a mustache, razor stubble, scars, a cigarette, a bloody lip, some tattoos, and body piercings will be in his future as well... a father can dream anyway. Just don't be fooled by those lovely blue eyes though. Behind that adorable expression lies the heart of a rebel... a rebel named Bronson Eastwood
perfect name and I can see him all scruffed up and smoking. Thatís too funny.

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it HPD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olydemon View Post
The new ESC is night and day better. Glad I smoked the stock one.
glad itís working out for you. Agreed with HPD about the extension.
Pant Danza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #773
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 789
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Hey 'Drifter, you'd better keep an eye on Bronson or he'll be robbin' banks and hangin' out with Bugs Bunny.
And oly', put me on the list of supporters of the extension idea, sticks can be hell on wiring.


jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:10 AM   #774
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Olympia
Posts: 45
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post

glad itís working out for you. Agreed with HPD about the extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post
And oly', put me on the list of supporters of the extension idea, sticks can be hell on wiring.


jim

When I do the extension, the connection will be out of the sealed box. Does this need to be taped or sealed somehow to keep it water resistant? I do have a bridge over a pond my kids like to dunk into once in a while..
olydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #775
Rock Crawler
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 527
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olydemon View Post
When I do the extension, the connection will be out of the sealed box. Does this need to be taped or sealed somehow to keep it water resistant? I do have a bridge over a pond my kids like to dunk into once in a while..
I have extensions on all of my rigs. I just squirt dielectric grease in them and plug them in. I have never had an issue after that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #776
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 256
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Ebay special bronco chassis has arrived. Got 2 hardbodies i could use a team Raffee Jeep Comanche/MJ or RC4WD D90 body

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Schs2013; 05-21-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach picture.
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #777
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Olympia
Posts: 45
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

So on the advice of a few here I went to the LHS today and picked up a short servo extension. Routed the line between the tray and the transmission. I took a section of heat shrink and wrapped the connection and I applied a little grease in the opening. Thanks again for the advice!

olydemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:25 PM   #778
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 202
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Interior done ,added some brass and new tires plus rims .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:52 PM   #779
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 690
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

I asked Bronson to replace the black Warn hub sleeves on the TRX4 Bronco with these raw aluminum sleeves. He smacked me real good with a wrench and then proceeded to do the job. The kid kinda worries me but I love the more realistic look of these larger aluminum outers.

high plains drifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:09 AM   #780
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,239
Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I asked Bronson to replace the black Warn hub sleeves on the TRX4 Bronco with these raw aluminum sleeves. He smacked me real good with a wrench and then proceeded to do the job. The kid kinda worries me but I love the more realistic look of these larger aluminum outers.

cool pic
magic_yeti is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



What did you do to your TRX-4 today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com