Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2019, 07:37 AM   #1081
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
10-4. Rig looks great btw! I like that forest green color you went with.

Thanks! I’m glad it turned out that shade. The color was Tamiya green and I tried to darken it up with black.
I take it the plastic bumper mounts and crossmembers are fine versus Aluminum. They also have brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aqualungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2019, 10:15 AM   #1082
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
Thanks! I’m glad it turned out that shade. The color was Tamiya green and I tried to darken it up with black.
I take it the plastic bumper mounts and crossmembers are fine versus Aluminum. They also have brass.

Yeah, I stuck with plastic as they're up a bit high, and the plastic is light. Plus, it's not like they see a ton of strain or abuse. Personally, I wouldn't go brass above the axle.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #1083
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yeah, I stuck with plastic as they're up a bit high, and the plastic is light. Plus, it's not like they see a ton of strain or abuse. Personally, I wouldn't go brass above the axle.

Awesome thanks! Gonna start small with Samix brass hexes, and shock bottoms. Maybe even the shock/panhard mount for the diffs. Trying to stay budget. I’d like to get a Bronco RTR come Xmas.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:30 PM   #1084
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
Awesome thanks! Gonna start small with Samix brass hexes, and shock bottoms. Maybe even the shock/panhard mount for the diffs. Trying to stay budget. I’d like to get a Bronco RTR come Xmas.

I think that's a good budget plan. I went full pop on all the Samix brass, including the scale rotors and calipers. It definitely "plants" the rig. Having said that, there's something to be said for a lighter rig as well. I've been testing and tuning on my Barrage/Axial hybrid I built up. It's the lightest rig I own, and with the narrow and light Ridgecrest body and Pitbulls, it climbs rocks like a goat.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #1085
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I think that's a good budget plan. I went full pop on all the Samix brass, including the scale rotors and calipers. It definitely "plants" the rig. Having said that, there's something to be said for a lighter rig as well. I've been testing and tuning on my Barrage/Axial hybrid I built up. It's the lightest rig I own, and with the narrow and light Ridgecrest body and Pitbulls, it climbs rocks like a goat.

I could see how easy it is to go crazy, but like the idea working stock up, to know where you came from and what’s working better. I’d like to try and keep this one lighter and maybe more frugal. I toyed with getting the two speed transmission for this, but I may not do it especially since I’m going to get the bronco down the line. I would like to keep the rack, even though it makes it more too heavy, but I like is so much. Took off the rotopax to lose some weight though lol. Track board stay, they weigh nothing. Same with the bumpers, going to try and work with them a little longer.

Old 10-27-2019, 01:30 PM   #1086
I wanna be Dave

Today, I gutted my TRX6 like a fish...

Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #1087
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Today, I gutted my TRX6 like a fish...

What plans do you have with this? I also ripped out the servo, motor and ESC and replaced them. But I didnt clean it out like you did
sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:59 PM   #1088

I went from the HW1080/HH Trailmaster Sport 550 21T combo to the Mamba Monster X/1406 Slate 3800KV, on stock 11T it was great, but when I changed it to a 9T the low speed control was amazing! I tried 6S and couldn’t even get full throttle without losing control. I need a large parking lot to give it another go. I need more ideas, really want to go hardbody LC70 or Team Raffee Defender 110.

Last edited by HelloRocks; 10-28-2019 at 05:28 PM.
HelloRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:24 PM   #1089
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy View Post
What plans do you have with this? I also ripped out the servo, motor and ESC and replaced them. But I didnt clean it out like you did
The only things left of the original electronics are the transmission shift servo and the back diff servo, everything else is gone. The front diff will be spooled, it will be controlled with my DX6R, with a Mamba-X and 2500kv HW motor.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #1090
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
The only things left of the original electronics are the transmission shift servo and the back diff servo, everything else is gone. The front diff will be spooled, it will be controlled with my DX6R, with a Mamba-X and 2500kv HW motor.
I'm running the mamba X with 2280kv motor, but I've upgraded the original shift servos with power hd, at least they can take 7,4v without any issues..
And I'm just waiting for the Flysky nb4 and their 8ch receivers so I can switch from the original setup on that end as well.
sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:27 AM   #1091
Rock Stacker

Bought my first TRX4 today! Red and black Blazer. Picked up a smaller 3s battery and deans plugs to solder on when I go home. I already have a Redcat Gen 8 and Everest 10.
Mudsplat79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #1092
I wanna be Dave

Talk about 10lbs of sh-- in a 5lb sack! Installed rock lights today. Found these on EBAY with multiple color selections available (I went with white) and no voltage step down required.($15 shipped)

Anyway, I've got a bit of wiring in this rig and a bit more to come as I still need to do headlights and taillights for the FJ body. I've got everything routed as clean as possible, but the rock lights were tough as they're daisy-chained.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #1093
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Talk about 10lbs of sh-- in a 5lb sack! Installed rock lights today. Found these on EBAY with multiple color selections available (I went with white) and no voltage step down required.($15 shipped)

Anyway, I've got a bit of wiring in this rig and a bit more to come as I still need to do headlights and taillights for the FJ body. I've got everything routed as clean as possible, but the rock lights were tough as they're daisy-chained.
All things considered, things look pretty tidy in there. Is it a Heyok controller you have your lights wired into?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:25 PM   #1094
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
All things considered, things look pretty tidy in there. Is it a Heyok controller you have your lights wired into?

Thanks smog - I think it's about as well managed as possible. There's a HeyOk winch controller in there, and then a HeyOk 1 x 5 splitter for all the lighting duties. I just spliced in a simple on/off slide switch to power them on or off.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:41 AM   #1095
Quarry Creeper

Default What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Made a mock-up of the rubber fender extenders. They were way too heavy. Took some Lexan from a body trim, painted them, and bedliner coated.

Old 10-29-2019, 02:35 PM   #1096
Rock Stacker

Talking Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Sharpied some line detail and sanded the black off the windows on the Post Apocalyptic Hot Boxed Rasta Rig. Yellow aluminum tow shackles front and back.

Holmes hobbies motor

Same rig/frame as the Yellow jeep body, just swaping body and big wheels...this setup has an advantage through the chunky boulders and tall ledges, where the yellow jeep setup has an advantage at steep technical lines

Pretty funny the little Hot Racing tow shackles cost more then the Holmes Hobbies motor.

Im liking the HH motor, at the cost it was worth a try... notice a slight difference between the stock Traxxas Titan motor, but nothing major...maybe a bit more precise feeling if i were to describe it? If anything its nice to have a spare motor.
RustyTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:00 PM   #1097
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTaco View Post
Sharpied some line detail and sanded the black off the windows on the Post Apocalyptic Hot Boxed Rasta Rig. Yellow aluminum tow shackles front and back.

Holmes hobbies motor

Same rig/frame as the Yellow jeep body, just swaping body and big wheels...this setup has an advantage through the chunky boulders and tall ledges, where the yellow jeep setup has an advantage at steep technical lines

Pretty funny the little Hot Racing tow shackles cost more then the Holmes Hobbies motor.

Im liking the HH motor, at the cost it was worth a try... notice a slight difference between the stock Traxxas Titan motor, but nothing major...maybe a bit more precise feeling if i were to describe it? If anything its nice to have a spare motor.

With the sanded windows, it looks like Cheech and Chong might be driving it!
Old 10-29-2019, 04:05 PM   #1098
I wanna be Dave

Just a quick shot of her lit up after I got the new rock lights installed.

Still waiting on the headlights and taillights.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2019, 04:06 PM   #1099
RCC Addict

Quote:
Dave's not here.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:09 PM   #1100
Rock Stacker

Quote:
haha... ...would be funny to put a smoke system in the shell and cut the windows down....hmmm
RustyTaco is offline   Reply With Quote

What did you do to your TRX-4 today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM