Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Trx Bronco ESC problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2018, 08:02 PM   #1

Question Trx Bronco ESC problem

Ok I recently got a BEC and upgraded servo. When I got finished installing it the ESC was blinking green after I turned it on. The wheels turned but it did not move. I took it to the hobby store. Where I found out it wasn't finding neutral in the radio. They told me to call traxxas and get a new radio. I called traxxas and they said it was the ESC. That I would have to remove it and send it in. Slight problem with this idea I have tied in the BEC to the ESC. Now I have no idea who to believe. I would like to believe the hobby shop as that way doesn't cost me anything. However my problem being that if the hobby shop is correct how do I get traxxas to see this without sending them my ESC because it's been altered and will null the warranty. If it is my ESC I will buy a new one but I didn't want to take on the financial responsibility to buy a new remote as those can be quite spendy.
Snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Trx Bronco ESC problem

I think your screwed if it is the esc, Traxxas will no way warrenty it. So saying that get a hobbywing 1080 cause its way better anyways. Then your upgraded there for cheap, then you will find out if the radio is working or not then.
83trekker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:39 PM   #3
RCC Addict

If you plugged the BEC into the JST connector on the stock ESC that is simply a tap off the battery input and is actual battery voltage. Are you sure you are picking up the steering signal from channel 1 and power from the BEC? I would undo what you did and put it all back stock then see if it works properly. If so you have something wired incorrectly. To correctly wire your BEC I recommed using one of these by-pass harnesses from Holmes Hobbies.

https://holmeshobbies.com/electronic...s-adapter.html

If it turns out that you do in fact have a bad ESC, don't waste your time with a stock replacement. Get yourself a HW1080 ESC.

Last edited by Inspector86; 09-12-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83trekker83 View Post
I think your screwed if it is the esc, Traxxas will no way warrenty it. So saying that get a hobbywing 1080 cause its way better anyways. Then your upgraded there for cheap, then you will find out if the radio is working or not then.
Thank you captain obvious!
Old 09-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
If you plugged the BEC into the JST connector on the stock ESC that is simply a tap off the battery input and is actual battery voltage. Are you sure you are picking up the steering signal from channel 1 and power from the BEC? I would undo what you did and put it all back stock then see if it works properly. If so you have something wired incorrectly. To correctly wire your BEC I recommed using one of these by-pass harnesses from Holmes Hobbies.

https://holmeshobbies.com/electronic...s-adapter.html

If it turns out that you do in fact have a bad ESC, don't waste your time with a stock replacement. Get yourself a HW1080 ESC.
Thank you I will put it back to stock and set what happens
Old 09-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
Thank you captain obvious!
No prob bob
83trekker83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Trx Bronco ESC problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post