Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Mamba X HH Puller Pro 540 BL 2700

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2018, 04:43 PM   #1

Default Mamba X HH Puller Pro 540 BL 2700

I installed the above setup in my Bronco the other day. I am using the CC B Link to do the programming. System is running well but having some issues with reverse.

I am set up as follows
Traxxas radio

Reverse Type: Crawler Reverse
Brake 30%
Drake Brake 100% because it was slightly rolling down hill in crawl mode. this seemed to stop it
Start Power High
Max P 100%
RP 100%
Punch 100%
Motor Type smart sense brushless
Throttle curve is more gradual than stock. It’s great.
Brake curve is the problem. I am basically hitting 10% power at 60% input and the truck still wants to flip over backwards with I hit reverse.

How can I calm down the reverse or what settings do I have wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Andbiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Mamba X HH Puller Pro 540 BL 2700

Crawler Reverse is direct Forward Reverse no Brake.
What you looking for is the Default seting ( with Reverse ).

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice but that’s not solving the touchy reverse. If I don’t keep the curve out where I stated in my original post the truck will do a front flip with the slightest press of the reverse trigger.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #4
Gold Star Baby!

How fast are you going when it flips over? In general if you have 100% drag brake on and you’re hauling on a surface with any traction you’ll want to gradually ease down on the trigger. Otherwise it will be flip city.

I have the same set up in another rig but am using a flysky gt5 and have the aux wire of the mamba x hooked up to a channel with a knob, so I can adjust the drag brake on the fly if I’m ever doing some Miami Vice type cruising.

Aside from that, you should be able to custom set your reverse throttle curve. Having it too stretched out can make it a little tougher to reverse out of a potential roll over situation on an incline.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 09-15-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #5

Default Mamba X HH Puller Pro 540 BL 2700

Im at a dead stop and when I push reverse it happens so fast and powerful it will flip the truck. For me to get revers where its manageable I have to set the reverse curve up as indicated in the attached photo. It seems weird that reverse has so much more start power over forward. My forward throttle curve is included as well.
First photo is reverse and 2nd is forward.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

Hmm. Tbh you may like your forward being curved like your reverse. But if it’s still that bad maybe try resetting the throttle expo on your transmitter.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:01 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

My bomber did that to me in reverse with the MX and PP2700 using a B-link programmer. It did that a couple times finally I reset the defaults then made all the changes again and it worked fine after that... I did mimic the forward curve so that I ended up with the same low speed control in reverse. If it does it again just try resending the settings to the esc again, it’s almost like it jumbled the code a bit ?
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #8

So I have a couple of things going on that I think were causing the problem.

1. The remote was in the 70/30 position so that was making the reverse touchy I think.
2. The remote seems to have a lot of play in it before the car starts reacting to the trigger inputs.

So I restored to defaults, brought the controller back to 50/50, and recalibrated the controller and still did not notice any change.

Next I took it back to the settings listed in the first post, reset the throttle and brake curves back to what I had earlier, recalibrated the controller again to 70/30 and still did not notice any difference.

What did make a difference was lowering the Dead Band to the lowest setting. That seemed to take the play out of the remote and give me better trigger control. I still think reverse is more touchy but its much better.

Thanks for all the ideas folks!

Old 09-15-2018, 11:04 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Hope I’m not out of line but, when your going forward is your esc blinking green and red in reverse. If not you need to reverse rotate the motor if you haven’t. That is required for the trx4. Just something I couldn’t figure out at first with my mamba X
Pjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:12 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Something else to try.
I'm sure you have already seen it but if you have not watched it yet, check out JohnRobHolmes video he did with the sidewinder4 and revolver.
I set up both my MX and thePP2700 and the Revolver exactly the same in the TRX and the Bomber minus the aux wire modes. A couple settings I made different from what you have listed in the first post. John recommends using 30% punch control and I also have my reverse backed off to 75% and my motor timing is at 0% also set both curves to 50% input and 20% output.

If it allows it, might try to reload the current firmware, if that works and still no luck after that I'd give Castle a jingle.

Oh, what do you have the Aux Wire set up as ? when I first set up the bomber I did the rock racer/crawler mode and it gave me a violent reverse then I changed my drag brake at 10% and dropped the brake amount to 25% and it still did it then i resent the setting and it worked, on the trx I run the aux wire in Drag Brake adjustment mode.

Last edited by ScoJac; 09-16-2018 at 03:29 AM.
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote

Mamba X HH Puller Pro 540 BL 2700 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX 4 Run time estimate? (mamba X and puller pro 2700) niro750 Electronics 12 09-05-2018 08:32 AM
Puller Pro BL 540 Standard vs Puller Pro BL 540 Stubby NeoPyro Electronics 25 08-09-2017 11:15 AM
Motor Selection Help Needed - HH Puller Pro 540 vs HH Puller Pro 540XL WesTX Electronics 18 09-14-2016 09:16 PM