Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Back after 4 years

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2018, 05:49 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Back after 4 years

Today is gonna be a good day after work, my wheels, weights, servo and 10 pairs of xt60 connectors will be waiting for me. My esc is arriving Sat. Gonna be a busy weekend!
kincer is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Woohoo I'm home from work and the mail came!
Old 10-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Welcome back

It's great to see another local guy as I am from Butler. I used to live in Vandergrift and Leechburg for 40yrs.
Good luck and hopefully see you out on the trail
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #44
RCC Addict

So I finished up mounting my no name Amazon beadlocks last night, fit and finish was surprisingly good, no issues at all, even supplied some extra screws, not bad for 39.99 prime. I used the stock Traxxas tires, I vented all four and weighted the fronts. I was surprised at how easy they were to unglue from the stock plastic rims with a heat gun set on low. Probably gonna tackle my 1080 esc and new servo this week.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Those rims look great!
83trekker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Thanks I'm very very impressed with them, ive had big dollar rims before and these will do just fine.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

I have the same ones I got them from the wish app. Very good quality for knockoffs. I've actually never bought expensive rims. I really like the cheapies that fit slw hubs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:24 PM   #48
RCC Addict

I’ve seen some really cool looking stuff on the wish app, from what I hear you have to pay separate shipping on each item you purchase, don’t know if it’s true though. Also wonder how quality is, although you like your wheels and mine are probably the same ones you have. I’m very happy with them so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I’ve seen some really cool looking stuff on the wish app, from what I hear you have to pay separate shipping on each item you purchase, don’t know if it’s true though. Also wonder how quality is, although you like your wheels and mine are probably the same ones you have. I’m very happy with them so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes you do have to pay shipping for each item. But shipping cost varies. I think they lie about the price sometimes and jack up the shipping cost. But if it doesnt show up you can get your money back pretty easy. And you get what you pay for that's for sure but some things are fine. I got a 50 pack of jst connectors for like 5 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Just got my Hobbywing 1080 ESC and DS3218 servo installed and wired up, took it out for about a 20 minute run and am pretty happy with both the ESC and the servo, much better than stock.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Just installed my hw1080 and servox servo on the weekend, really nice now love the servo change. I can actually turn my tires now !
83trekker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:07 AM   #52
RCC Addict

So I went to my local hobby shop last night to compare the wheelbase of SCX10.2 Blazer to my Bronco and it looks to me like they are spot on, now don't get me wrong I still like the SCX but comparing both rigs side by side the TRX feels and looks so much more substantial, I'll definitely pick up another SCX10 in the future but I think for now I'm just gonna pick up the Blazer body to have as an alternative for my TRX rather buying another whole rig when all I'm really wanting is the body.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:00 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Well today I swapped out radios on my Bronco, the Traxxas radio isn't bad but I've missed having all the settings of my old hacked Flysky , I picked up a hacked Flysky gt3c from a member here and wired it up today, so much nicer to use, I've got six channels now, need to get a winch controller and i'll be set. I ended up with a extra Flysky gt3b that came with my Wraith and I rummaged around in my stuff and found my hack kit, fired up my old Windows vista laptop and hacked that one too. If anybody is interested in these radios pm me and I can help you out with info.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
So I went to my local hobby shop last night to compare the wheelbase of SCX10.2 Blazer to my Bronco and it looks to me like they are spot on, now don't get me wrong I still like the SCX but comparing both rigs side by side the TRX feels and looks so much more substantial, I'll definitely pick up another SCX10 in the future but I think for now I'm just gonna pick up the Blazer body to have as an alternative for my TRX rather buying another whole rig when all I'm really wanting is the body.
You possibly didn't hit up Tailspin? If so how's Tom?
Old 10-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
You possibly didn't hit up Tailspin? If so how's Tom?
I was surprised and a little disappointed, Tom wasn't there he sold the place a little over a year ago. I used to like shooting the breeze with him.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:56 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I was surprised and a little disappointed, Tom wasn't there he sold the place a little over a year ago. I used to like shooting the breeze with him.
What I can't believe that. I remember when he was selling parts out of tubs at the old mushroom farm carpet track. Oh the good old days. I always enjoyed talking with Tom. Haven't been up that way since I moved.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:09 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Just got done mounting up new wheels and tires, Amazon beadlocks again and cheap Injora Hyrax knockoffs, I took it out to the rocks right after mounting them up and they were ok but not as good as the Traxxas tires so I brought them in and soaked them in purple power cleaner for a bit, rinsed them off and dried them with a heat gun on low and tried them again, much better than before, tires are stickier, now they are not Proline Hyrax sticky but much better. I don't comp just trail run so until I get some better tires these will work just fine, the other set of beadlocks I had on her are now on my 1.9 Wraith. Rocks were wet both times just for reference. Onto some pics.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #58
RCC Addict

So I have a Vaterra Ascender on the way and I'm on page 33 of Natedog's Ascender thread and have learned quite a bit, I applied a couple things to the Bronco today and made a world of difference and didn't cost a dime. First I completely backed off all the preload of all the shocks, second I lowered all the body posts down one hole. I'm going to redo my shocks soon with 20wt and limit them a bit as well. Just with lowering the ride height with those two things made a hell of a difference on how this thing climbs and sidehills. Wow! Here's a couple pics comparing ride height.

I actually like the look of the lowered ride height too, win win!

Last edited by kincer; 11-06-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #59
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=kincer;5881163]Just got done mounting up new wheels and tires, Amazon beadlocks again and cheap Injora Hyrax knockoffs, I took it out to the rocks right after mounting them up and they were ok but not as good as the Traxxas tires so I brought them in and soaked them in purple power cleaner for a bit, rinsed them off and dried them with a heat gun on low and tried them again, much better than before, tires are stickier, now they are not Proline Hyrax sticky but much better. I don't comp just trail run so until I get some better tires these will work just fine, the other set of beadlocks I had on her are now on my 1.9 Wraith. Rocks were wet both times just for reference.

Update, these tires even though I said they were much better after soaking them in Purple Power weren't great, in fact I actually said out loud while trying several different lines over a couple of wet rocks " These tires suck!" it just kept sliding off to the side no matter how I approached. So I decided oh well they were only $26 bucks for all four so not a big deal but I thought i'll try soaking them longer in the Purple Power, so anyhow they were soaked for three or four days, rinsed with hot water and remounted and then I got busy with other things and haven't tried them til this evening, I pulled the front axle and installed the new diff lock cable put it all back together and hit the rock garden to make sure the front diff lock was working and I couldn't believe how good these tires are working now, it was 32 degrees, freezing rain and very slippery rocks and it was walking right over them, the line I couldn't get it to do before walked right up it this time. I'm still kind of dumbfounded. I think I may try some good foams in them and see how that works.

Here's a link to the cheapo Hyrax's

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-19-2018, 10:54 AM   #60

Quote:
Please let us know if you got the Blazer body on the TRX4?? Any mods for mounting, pics, etc...

thx!
joeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Back after 4 years - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back into R/C after 25 years... Capt J-rod Newbie General 11 03-27-2018 09:44 AM
Getting back into RC after 6 years strap624 Mega/Monster Trucks 9 06-21-2017 08:00 PM
Getting back into R/c after 8 years- get a wraith? strap624 Axial Wraith 15 08-29-2011 08:28 PM
After 3 years, I'm back lol mtm Redcat Crawlers 19 07-29-2010 09:27 PM
looking to get back in been foe many years dmicgrif General Scale Talk 3 06-16-2009 09:50 PM