Notices

Thread: Back after 4 years

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Back after 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeR6 View Post
Please let us know if you got the Blazer body on the TRX4?? Any mods for mounting, pics, etc...

thx!
Will do as soon as I can find one lol, been watching ebay and not one yet!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Will do as soon as I can find one lol, been watching ebay and not one yet!
Did you try Hobby Express? The last time I was there they had several clear bodies. Plus they had one out of box that you could get your paws on. You could always swap around bodies with what is there. I really like doing that when I am there
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:43 PM   #63
RCC Addict

They have a Blazer out of the box at Tailspin I could test fit that one probably, good thinking!
Old 11-19-2018, 07:54 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

There's a build thread in the SCX10.2 section called "New Blazer" that has a one on a sport chassis. It fits very well from what I can tell.

Quote:
They have a Blazer out of the box at Tailspin I could test fit that one probably, good thinking!
Didn't know that they did that there also

Last edited by THX_138; 11-28-2018 at 11:26 PM.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
There's a build thread in the SCX10.2 section called "New Blazer" that has a one on a sport chassis. It fits very well from what I can tell.
I'll have to check that out, thanks!

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2018, 01:28 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Any recommendations? This time around I知 being very sensible and am goin to try to get the most bang for my buck. I知 not buying every fancy mod they make. I went nuts the first time around buying every add on in sight lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the same with my Baja 5B! Once I'm allowed to post pictures on here I'll show you all.

I'm hearing a lot about the Savox servos, so as a new crawler with the same rig in the mail to me I'm curious to hear what options are recommended on here.
VaOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaOldSchool View Post
I did the same with my Baja 5B! Once I'm allowed to post pictures on here I'll show you all.

I'm hearing a lot about the Savox servos, so as a new crawler with the same rig in the mail to me I'm curious to hear what options are recommended on here.
Hobbwing 1080 esc, DS3218 servo on Amazon work great on these
Old 11-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #68
RCC Addict

So...you bought a second rig already huh? Annnnnd?

Hell I'm up to four now lol
Old 11-26-2018, 02:41 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
So...you bought a second rig already huh? Annnnnd?

Hell I'm up to four now lol

I'm gonna need to see some stuff I think...lol

This is gonna hurt!
Old 11-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:

I'm gonna need to see some stuff I think...lol

This is gonna hurt!
All my rigs have a build thread, just look in the Vaterra Ascender, Axial Wraith, and RC4WD TF2 sections for my user name.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Getting ready to give the Bronco a durable paint job! I did this to a couple of my older rigs a few years ago and it holds up great! This stuff doesn't work very good on a 1:1 truck bed because it's a lot thinner than the commercial stuff but for us R/C guys it works awesome! The can I have is at least 5 yrs old, I looked online and it's still available and they now have three new colors, olive green, medium brown, desert tan, and clear so I can see some other new paint jobs coming.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:33 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83trekker83 View Post
Just installed my hw1080 and servox servo on the weekend, really nice now love the servo change. I can actually turn my tires now !
Which Servox did you get?

Wow man can't wait to see it!

I went a little crazy tonight ordering stuff. I'm set for a bit now...just a few small tweaks left to decide. Brass weighting...tires...being the main two. I bought some shock fluid to mess with the weighting a little before I decide on them. Rest is either cosmetic or major (like a brushless motor) which can wait!

lol

Last edited by THX_138; 11-28-2018 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Merged, posts minute apart
Old 11-27-2018, 07:14 AM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
Wow man can't wait to see it!

I went a little crazy tonight ordering stuff. I'm set for a bit now...just a few small tweaks left to decide. Brass weighting...tires...being the main two. I bought some shock fluid to mess with the weighting a little before I decide on them. Rest is either cosmetic or major (like a brushless motor) which can wait!

lol
I wouldn't go too hog wild, the stock tires with good foams and aluminum beadlocks work very well, the stock motor works very well with the Hobbywing 1080 esc, DS3218 is a very good cheap servo also. The TRX shocks are excellent. You will be surprised how well this rig works on 3 cell lipo. I really don't have any more mods planned other than tweaking shocks and some other little things.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:23 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I wouldn't go too hog wild, the stock tires with good foams and aluminum beadlocks work very well, the stock motor works very well with the Hobbywing 1080 esc, DS3218 is a very good cheap servo also. The TRX shocks are excellent. You will be surprised how well this rig works on 3 cell lipo. I really don't have any more mods planned other than tweaking shocks and some other little things.

I知 kinda surprised how bad the sites are for finding cool upgrade parts. The search features are horrible. I知 used to DDM for the Baja and that site is much more user/model friendly.

As for the mods...I took a different approach this time. I decided I was going to do my performance right the first time. On the Baja I broke discount stuff left and right and kept having to slowly upgrade. That got expensive! If I had done it right from the start it would have been cheaper. Now granted bashing is much harder on rigs ...I think! We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #75
RCC Addict

I built a radiator for behind the grille, this is not my idea, not sure who it was on here but that's where I seen it, thanks and good thinking to whoever it was. I used cut zipties on two face tape, this will stick to the body before grille is installed.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #76
RCC Addict

Well I got my scale Rhino lining paint job done and am pretty happy with it. It will be super durable on the trail and easy to touch up if need be. This is second rig I've done this way and the first on held up like iron. The last pic is of my homemade zip tie radiator behind the grille, and yes front bumper looks lower because it's mounted to a 3d printed servo winch mount. Not sure what I'm gonna do there yet.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:40 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

That paint job looks awesome! I’m thinking about doing something similar to my Bronco to keep the body from getting too messed up, but I was thinking about using the rubber flex paint so I could get white like my 1:1 Bronco. The Bedliner will likely hold up much better, maybe I’ll just do the desert tan and paint my 1:1 that color later.
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:10 AM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
That paint job looks awesome! I知 thinking about doing something similar to my Bronco to keep the body from getting too messed up, but I was thinking about using the rubber flex paint so I could get white like my 1:1 Bronco. The Bedliner will likely hold up much better, maybe I値l just do the desert tan and paint my 1:1 that color later.
You could always scuff the outside, mask off the windows like I did, spray with white then get the clear bedliner from Duplicolor. I do like the Desert tan though.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:16 AM   #79
Rock Crawler

Man that looks great. I like the crinkle finish the paint did on the body.

I have been gone for 6 years from the hobby and this kit brought me back. Going to be a fun time.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:13 AM   #80
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
Man that looks great. I like the crinkle finish the paint did on the body.

I have been gone for 6 years from the hobby and this kit brought me back. Going to be a fun time.
Thanks, it came out good, the body was getting pretty scratched up so it gave it a new lease on life for a bit.

Back after 4 years - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back into R/C after 25 years... Capt J-rod Newbie General 11 03-27-2018 09:44 AM
Getting back into RC after 6 years strap624 Mega/Monster Trucks 9 06-21-2017 08:00 PM
Getting back into R/c after 8 years- get a wraith? strap624 Axial Wraith 15 08-29-2011 08:28 PM
After 3 years, I'm back lol mtm Redcat Crawlers 19 07-29-2010 09:27 PM
looking to get back in been foe many years dmicgrif General Scale Talk 3 06-16-2009 09:50 PM