Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4
Loading

Notices

Thread: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #181
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
I did order the bumper. Coming from Hong Kong so who knows how long it'll take. Can't wait to try it out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Post up in your thread when you get it. Let us know what you think.
I had noticed some flex in the panhard mount on the axle with the stronger servos, so I had ordered a set of brass link mounts. They got here today so I got 'em painted and put on.



I got the set for just under $18. They're "no-brand" but the machining is nice and they fit perfectly.




When I put the N2R skid on I noticed that the links were a but snug in their pockets. I thought they might loosen up, but after over 6 hours they still squeaked a little. So while I had the links out I used my belt sander to take a little off of the link ends. Now they all move freely thru the full suspension travel.



The link mounts were the last plastic pieces on the axles, so now both axles are ALL metal. The front axle seems much more solid now ..... and the squeaks are gone.
The local club guys are havin' a comp' tomorrow but I don't know if I'll make it ..... we'll see.


jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #182
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

This showed up today. The spec's look good, steel gear, waterproof ..... sickpuppy's recommendation.




I've never had a servo do THIS before ....



I guess it's got some strong magnets ... maybe neo's. It's strong enough to twist and lift the chassis before I reset the endpoints.



Looks pretty good behind the winch too. They got the side of the hiway mowed so I may get to hit the roadside rocks soon to try out the new turner.
stay tuned ....


jim

Last edited by dr frankenstyle; 06-05-2019 at 04:02 PM. Reason: DOH!! lmao!!!
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #183
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Esko
Posts: 640
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post
This showed up today. The spec's look good, steel gear, waterproof ..... sickpuppy's recommendation.




I've never had a servo do THIS before ....



I guess it's got some strong magnets ... maybe neo's. It's strong enough to twist and lift the chassis before I reset the endpoints.



Looks pretty good behind the winch too. They got the side of the hiway mowed so I may get to hit the roadside rocks soon to try out the new turner.
stay tuned ....


jim
Hell yeah man. Cool servo. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #184
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
Hell yeah man. Cool servo. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
sickpuppy started this one, he got one first. So tell your wife THIS one's not MY fault .... completely.


jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #185
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Esko
Posts: 640
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post
sickpuppy started this one, he got one first. So tell your wife THIS one's not MY fault .... completely.





jim
Ive spent alot of cash because of your rig. But at least I already have a good servo. I dont have to spend more on that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #186
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
Ive spent alot of cash because of your rig. But at least I already have a good servo. I dont have to spend more on that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yep ... they say insanity CAN be contagious!
they also say "money is like the wind, you only feel it when it's moving."
I'm usually upwind.



jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #187
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Had to catch up my yard work on the nice days, so I haven't made it to any big rocks. But I did get the Bronc' out in the clean yard and try out the new servo on the rock pile. It's definitely the strongest one yet. It's "turning" out to be a win, so far. But that's what I thot about the last one too.
we'll see ......
They mowed the shoulder of the hiway, but left a 4 ft swath right against the rock face. So I may have to take my brush-wacker down and finish the state's job so I can crawl some.



jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #188
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Esko
Posts: 640
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

The grass is growing on all my favorite spots on my property to. Only bad thing about summer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #189
RCC Addict
 
Inspector86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 1,835
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

It would be nice if you resized your pics in compliance with forum guidelines.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #190
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
It would be nice if you resized your pics in compliance with forum guidelines.
I don't know what happened. I haven't changed any settings on my cameras, and I'm uploading just the same as I always did, but either photobucket or RCC has changed something. I'll have to try to downsize my cam's settings or something. I guess the mod's don't resize 'em like they used to either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
The grass is growing on all my favorite spots on my property to. Only bad thing about summer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to trim at mother's house tuesday so after that I took the trimmer down to the roadside rocks and cleaned up a bit, but then it rained again yesterday. so I haven't made it back with the Bronc'. I'm meeting my buddy at the park tomorrow, so I'll try the new servo on some big rocks.


jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:37 PM   #191
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Esko
Posts: 640
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

I donít have any trouble viewing your pics. Not sure what they are talking about.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:46 PM   #192
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
I donít have any trouble viewing your pics. Not sure what they are talking about.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm usually on my desktop PC, and they've recently grown to about 150% of their "old" size. Now I have to scroll side to side to see the whole pic'. And it's just on the last few pages, so something has changed.
HMmmmmmm ....



jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:55 PM   #193
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

I met up with Dave at the park today and put about 3 hours on the new servo. I think maybe things are gonna "turn" out alright. It's got more muscle than any of my previous ones, hopefully the gears will hold up.





I didn't torture it, but I put it thru a little workout. Li'l greeny did a great job again, goin' everywhere Dave's rig did and takin' more difficult lines than his truck could. The li'l blue Chebby even tried to hide under a rock.



Nahh .... our trail just went thru there. But the little green Bronco finished the day at the top of the list (and the wall ) again.



It's s'posed to start rainin' again tonight .... and keep it up on and off all week again. so I'll have to try to sneak down to the roadside rocks in between soaks.
we'll see .... Thanks for lookin'. I resized the pic's before loadin' 'em to photoblablabla this time, hope it works.
Dang! I shrunk the pic's to 60% before I uploaded 'em .... photosuckit must be doin' somethin' different. Maybe if a mod' wanders thru, they can fix 'em.


jim

Last edited by dr frankenstyle; 06-14-2019 at 09:00 PM. Reason: grrrrrr
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:41 PM   #194
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 1,101
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Images aren't super huge... just a little bit. Not too bad scrolling sideways with these. I've come across pics before so large that no matter what the content, I just ignored the entire thread and moved on.

Cool to see the continued mods... especially that servo.

Btw I love your pit-crew! They seem so easy-going... right there among the tools and rc parts. The cream colored tabby looks very similar to our cat, Jaida. Anyway... as a life long 'dog guy' who was recently converted... cool kitties there!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:35 AM   #195
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Images aren't super huge... just a little bit. Not too bad scrolling sideways with these. I've come across pics before so large that no matter what the content, I just ignored the entire thread and moved on.

Cool to see the continued mods... especially that servo.

Btw I love your pit-crew! They seem so easy-going... right there among the tools and rc parts. The cream colored tabby looks very similar to our cat, Jaida. Anyway... as a life long 'dog guy' who was recently converted... cool kitties there!
Yeah, I can't figure out what happened to the pic's. I may try to shrink 'em even more next time, but it didn't seem to change anything. I don't like having an annoying glitch in my threads.

Thanks, I like to keep makin' it better ... but I'm runnin' out of things to improve. I guess I should have just dropped a little more on a servo the first time. Sometimes I need to get smacked once or twice before I catch on. sickpuppy says this is a good one, sooo ...... So far so good.

Those are my boys. The big 'blue is Symon, he's around 10. He's been a roommate for about a year and a half now. The little tabby is Nanner and he's only around 10 weeks. I just found him in the ditch along the hiway last month, so he just moved in. They're my buddies, both good cats. I'm a dog AND cat guy. Had an awesome pup for 9 yrs, and a cat for 24 yrs (and others) before these boys. Dogs and cats have their differences but they're all good kids. Jaida is lucky to have a good home too, you'll have to sneak a pic' in.


jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:19 PM   #196
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

I went down to the roadside rocks today for a little crawl time. This time I shot videos instead of pic's. Can't promise any top-quality videography, and sorry for the wind and traffic noise. A couple of 'em have "tragic" endings but nobody (and nothing) got hurt.





https://youtu.be/QpcavjjCTZQ

https://youtu.be/XkQY9zhGcuA

https://youtu.be/WSa7Ij4SMfk

I don't know how to stick the little tv in the post. so you'll just have to jump and watch 'em. Hope you guys enjoy 'em, and let me know what ya think.
Oh, HEY, my pic's seem to have shrunk back into the page! Whoever's responsible .... THANKS


jim

Last edited by dr frankenstyle; 07-14-2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: embed videos
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:11 PM   #197
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Esko
Posts: 640
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Nice crawl. The little bronco really hooks up good!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:55 AM   #198
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 1,101
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post

Thanks, I like to keep makin' it better ... but I'm runnin' out of things to improve. I guess I should have just dropped a little more on a servo the first time. Sometimes I need to get smacked once or twice before I catch on. sickpuppy says this is a good one, sooo ...... So far so good.

Those are my boys. The big 'blue is Symon, he's around 10. He's been a roommate for about a year and a half now. The little tabby is Nanner and he's only around 10 weeks. I just found him in the ditch along the hiway last month, so he just moved in. They're my buddies, both good cats. I'm a dog AND cat guy. Had an awesome pup for 9 yrs, and a cat for 24 yrs (and others) before these boys. Dogs and cats have their differences but they're all good kids. Jaida is lucky to have a good home too, you'll have to sneak a pic' in.

jim
That looks like a pretty fun ( yet really sketchy) crawl spot! Thought for sure the rig was going to go over the edge a couple times! Nice driving and those tires seem to hook up well on that particular surface. Cool to see that you've got it just about dialed in to it's full potential... although I think that also means that you're required to start another project now lol.

'Nanners' lol! My wife thought that name was pretty funny and commented that "she must either like eating bananas or she IS bananas!" lol. Growing up on a farm, we only had outdoor-cats so I never really bonded with 'em. On the flip side, dogs were always such great companion animals throughout my life. Despite my apprehension, we rescued Jaida last year and I soon realized that all the horror stories that you hear about cats just simply isn't true! She's an absolute sweetheart and so damned silly to boot. Didn't take long for me to develop a true fondness for her and I can honestly say that she's one of the best companion animals that I've ever had. Okay... quick pic and then I'll refrain from any further hijacking lol. Thanks for the kind words!

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #199
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
Nice crawl. The little bronco really hooks up good!
Thanks bud', I'm really happy with this little truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
That looks like a pretty fun ( yet really sketchy) crawl spot! Thought for sure the rig was going to go over the edge a couple times! Nice driving and those tires seem to hook up well on that particular surface. Cool to see that you've got it just about dialed in to it's full potential... although I think that also means that you're required to start another project now lol.

'Nanners' lol! My wife thought that name was pretty funny and commented that "she must either like eating bananas or she IS bananas!" lol. Growing up on a farm, we only had outdoor-cats so I never really bonded with 'em. On the flip side, dogs were always such great companion animals throughout my life. Despite my apprehension, we rescued Jaida last year and I soon realized that all the horror stories that you hear about cats just simply isn't true! She's an absolute sweetheart and so damned silly to boot. Didn't take long for me to develop a true fondness for her and I can honestly say that she's one of the best companion animals that I've ever had. Okay... quick pic and then I'll refrain from any further hijacking lol. Thanks for the kind words!

It's an awesome little spot. It DID go over the cliff ... 3 times one ended in a nose-dive and I haven't had to tighten the new stinger yet! You can't tell in the vid's, but the lower ledge that I'm drivin' on is shoulder high. That makes the cliff-dives about a 5 foot drop. I try to catch it but I usually just slow it down a little at best. I wish I could drive to the trucks full potential. I'm gettin' better. These ProLine BFG Krawler's are the wicked awesome! After runnin' against mine, my buddy now has 3 sets (1 G8 and 2 Predators) Yeah, I'm runnin' out of things to do to it, but the budget ain't ready for another build just yet. I have a River Jet and an Aosenma drone, and it's the season for both of those too, so I've been spendin' a little time on the water and in the air. That keep's me from gettin' bored between crawls.
I was feelin' kinda goofy when I named him Nanner, but he was a little yellow thing in the ditch, like a banana peel. Turns out he IS kinda bananas sometimes too, so it still works. Yeah, I kinda grew up with dogs too. Then when I met my ex-wife in the 80's she got me hooked on cats and I've been a dog AND cat guy since. Jaida's a cutie! Glad to hear she fits into the family well. Nice "axe" collection, by the way!
Hijackers ... hitch-hikers .... the only difference is how they use the gun.


jim

Last edited by dr frankenstyle; 06-21-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: DOH!!
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:10 PM   #200
Rock Crawler
 
dr frankenstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In the Sticks in the Ozarks
Posts: 940
Default Re: Dr. F's Kit Bronco

I met up with Dave and Josh at Fassnight again yesterday for some crawlin'. The SMRCRC guys had a comp scheduled for today but it's been rainin' since early this morning. Good thing we were there yesterday.
Anyway I was up against the ol' blue Chebby and the Ghost. By the end of the session, we were callin' it the Ghost Roller, 'cause it had the doors and roof on the ground so much. He's a rookie, but he gives it a heck of an effort, and he's gettin' better every outing.




We changed leader's as we went along, trying to push the lines as tough as we could.




Everywhere the Chebby went ... the li'l Pony was right behind. So, when I was leading, Dave even tried lying, saying "I went all the way down to THIS ledge..." SOo I drove all the way down to that ledge and started across.



Well, the Bronco walked across it like a goat, but it didn't work out so well for them. You can see Josh catchin' his and Dave's tail-end slipped down and he short cut up to the safer level. Well THEN Dave said he lied just to see if I COULD make it. So I did it AGAIN. .... and the second time Josh did a little better but didn't make it .... and Dave got even looser and ended up almost fallin' of the edge backwards.



It was "hangin 5" now and then, but the little green machine made me proud again.



It wasn't a completely flawless day. We crawled for over 2.5 hours and I did have a few tumbles. At the end of the run, it took a pretty good drop and yanked the chassis-end off of one of the rear upper links. All of a sudden the axle was cock-eyed. It pulled the threads, so I put a little 5-min epoxy in the end and screwed it back on. If it fails again I guess I'll replace it. Other than that, everything else held up great. The new servo is AWESOME! It turns under stress like never before. The GRC knuckles are wicked too. The extra clearance and better turn radius help out all the time. I'm really lovin' this truck!

Thanks for lookin' and tune in next time .....



jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Dr. F's Kit Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas Bronco light kit HTFU Defender Traxxas TRX-4 0 06-25-2018 09:06 AM
Bronco light kit? HTFU Defender Traxxas TRX-4 2 05-15-2018 04:56 PM
light kit for the bronco m1009cucv Traxxas TRX-4 4 03-27-2018 02:22 PM
Ascender Bronco Kit ??? raceeng18 Vaterra Ascender 7 01-11-2017 04:45 PM
Eta on a Bronco Kit? LoneRanger Vaterra Ascender 4 11-10-2015 05:28 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com