Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: F-Series Pickup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2018, 12:46 PM   #1

Default F-Series Pickup

So this started as a new Defender from my LHS. I took a hiatus from the hobby for a few years and this rig got me back into it. I ran the Defender body for awhile, shed some weight off of it and after awhile my old ways of seeking better performance kicked in and I started really making mods. It's far from done but it's performing very well as it sits.

Added some more weight down low, but not too much. I like some but I feel people go way overboard with the added weight.

Front (150 grams to keep the weight bias towards the front)

Rear (84 grams)

Put together some RC4WD beadlocks and TSL/SX-XLs

Steering servo upgrade (bang for the buck) and you can kind of see the rubber bump stops on the shock shaft I put in to limit front suspension travel

Fitted and Trimmed 84 F-Series Body

Flipped rear bumper mount

Painted body with some final trimming and a comp cut variation to tuck rear bumper up into body

Flipped front STRC bumper mount and new front bumper. Notched body and drilled additional holes in bumper mounts to get bumper as tight into body as possible

Shimmed sliders up about 1/4 inch to fit nicely with body and gain clearance

Used Revo rod ends on just the axle end of the rear links to bump wheelbase to a perfect 13 inches with a long wheelbase steel driveshaft

Out testing and doing work

The thing is insanely more capable now. Made some pretty impressive climbs at a local spot a bunch of guys run at. It will only get better. Next mod I think will be battery relocation
BuffaloCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2018, 12:50 PM   #2

Default Re: F-Series Pickup

Static , flat ground stance. I tried to keep it as low as possible

BuffaloCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

F-Series Pickup - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hungary Land Rover Pickup Series III. Senior Latya 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 09-10-2012 06:53 AM
Re: AROARA'S - EVENT 3 - 2k9 INDOOR Point Series Results. And Series Totals akguanja Competition Results 0 03-02-2009 09:57 PM
Crawlerado Scale Series Finals! May 10th! - Series Being Pushed Back a bit TwistedXT Competitions 12 05-02-2008 12:59 PM