Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: bumper servo mounts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2018, 02:29 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default bumper servo mounts?

hi guys has any one used bumper servo mounts on there trx 4 in alloy, brass or a custom set up. Im looking for some feed back
steven318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2018, 07:19 AM   #2

Default Re: bumper servo mounts?

I had brass on mine until I flipped the mount to get the bumper higher. What would you like to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freakinjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #3

I have a brass one on mine. I had to reverse my servo direction on the radio. In the space vacated by the original servo I mounted the esc. I have done 1 trail run and 1 comp since I installed it and could not be happier. I feel like servo response (25kg ebay servo) improved due to it being a more rigid, solid mount to the frame.

Last edited by Shadowfocus603; 10-28-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Shadowfocus603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:05 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I used one for a while and was quite happy with it except for extreme side-hilling where the height of the extra weight showed. The screw holes aren't quite deep enough on most of the cheap ones so a washer or two might be needed and, as mentioned, the servo needs to be reversed. It certainly made a difference almost everywhere but when I got some heavy front knuckle weights I took it off as weight bias to the front was just too much. If I didn't have the knuckle weights I would absolutely put it back on, especially now that I have the low CG battery tray.
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:08 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

how does the steering compare to stock i sopose is what i meant to say, Im waiting for my bronco chassis to to arrive so i can start working on it. im planning on having my motor where the servo would usually sit but im trying to keep the weight down as much as i can. Ive seen an alloy version of the brass servo mount thats been around for a while and needed some input from people that have used one
Old 10-28-2018, 12:12 PM   #6

It does change your angles just a little but no faster than what these trucks run, you won’t really notice much difference in drivability. The weight down low in the front helped my Defender quite a bit and I plan to put something back in its place but in a way that I can keep my bumper flipped. The servo being forward is just that much more weight balance. Mine will climb a lot of places that it never used to but that stock body does cripple you a bit unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freakinjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

haven't decided on the body yet just bought the chassis and and bronco plastics at the moment to have a play around with while i work out the way im heading, im waiting for the right parts to come up first, and im going to try and make a skid/link mount to use my own transfer case and maybe a venture transmission
Old 10-31-2018, 03:50 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

ya was thinking there might be some issues with geometry, i was thinking about an alloy front mount. did you mean the angle of the steering link should be parallel to the panhard link both from above and from a frontal view?

Last edited by steven318is; 10-31-2018 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

ok that makes sense to me now. I was trying to figure out a way of moving as much of the weight forward and keep it low i saw a kit from hot racing for moving the battery to the front and it has brackets for the servo that are further back towards the shock tower and look to be the same height as the stock servo. and was thinking of using the venture trans and transfer case on a delrin or steel skid.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:15 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

bump
Old 03-09-2019, 10:33 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Why bump this? You don't want to add weight to the chassis. That is called un-sprung weight and is not good for crawling. Add weight to the axles.
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote