Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Defender fun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2018, 05:43 AM   #1

Default Defender fun

Defender arrived finally so I decided to take it out for a bash and I found some mud

Stoked with how it performs and the 2 speed and unlocked diffs made for even more fun for me getting stuck, locking the diffs and driving straight out of trouble.

Using a 5400mah 3s so it ran for over 2hrs but I had way too much weight up high but easy to account for it by changing how I drove it.

Now to find some upgrades and a different body because this thing is just too damn pretty to bust up

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Tas_Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Defender fun

Love my stock trx4, had mine a year and still.on same steering servo. Providing you don't turn whilst stationary to much it will be fine. As for 3s on the the 21 titan they don't last long with the big power. Great pics btw
crazee horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:25 AM   #3

Default Re: Defender fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
Love my stock trx4, had mine a year and still.on same steering servo. Providing you don't turn whilst stationary to much it will be fine. As for 3s on the the 21 titan they don't last long with the big power. Great pics btw
Thanks crazee horse,

It's been heaps of fun so far, ran 3 packs through it already.

I've been looking online at the Hobbywing AXE crawler combo as a potential upgrade in the future but that might be a while away still.

I'm thinking of getting a kit next so I can build my own and really make it mine.

There's not a big crawler scene where I am unfortunately so the comps and casual crawls seem non existent at the moment which means I don't have a lot of local know how to draw from.

Also no LHS in my area so everything has to be done online or over the phone, but a couple of hurdles just make it feel more worthwhile at the end of the day

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Tas_Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Defender fun - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas TRX4 Defender and more fun Bikonkav Videos! 0 07-27-2017 10:08 AM
Custom Defender & Defender Gelande 2 RCtouring Scale Videos! 0 05-19-2016 06:09 AM
Fun Trail! Scale RC Trucks Offroad Adventures MAN KAT1 Jeep TF2 hilux Defender 90 sni boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 09-10-2015 07:27 PM
defender 110 of rcmodelex and defender 90 of rc4wd on the rails gionata78 Scale Videos! 2 04-15-2013 05:00 PM