Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Pieterv3814's build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2018, 03:31 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Pieterv3814's build thread

I got my TRX 4 in early August. I bought it second hand already chopped with an upgraded savox steering servo. I took a photo the night I got it.

The first mod I did to my car was to raise the front and rear bumper and then the body. So I did that and made a comparison of a stock TRX 4 compared to mine.

I then bought a scale aerial for the front bumper, I installed that and took the car for a run to test the body lift. I was told the car would be way too top heavy but I have found it hasn't changed. I took a photo to show how much it can lean before flipping.

Next I got a little tow hitch for the back, I don't think a photo is needed

I then decided I would install some door handles and the car came to life more now. Unfortunately I never took a photo straight after I installed them.

The next step I did to making my car look different was to Plasti Dip the body in the black cherry colour, and I must say the car came up amazing. I took a photo after the car was painted.

I bought some diamond plate protection for the front of the car, it was bent in the mail, fortunately I was able to revive it and I could bend it back into shape. So I installed those and the car didn't look as plain anymore. There's a photo of the car on my home course.

After that, my front locker servo decided to try itself. So I decided I would lock it permanently, so I installed the diff spool. That was easier than I thought.

The last thing I have done so far is to install a chrome land rover emblem on the front, gives it a nice little touch. In the photo I hadn't fully taken the plastic off the letters.

That's all I've done so far. But I do want to get some chrome window liners to show off the windows. I also have some black diamond plate coming which I will use for the chopped body. Then I want to fabricate the TRX 4 sport exhibition rack to fit the truck. Then I intend to buy a metal bumper and winch. But all in due time.

Any feedback and help in making it look and perform better would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by THX_138; 11-14-2018 at 08:37 AM.
pieterv3814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2018, 08:59 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Pieterv3814's build thread

I would suggest cutting the outline of the windows and grille/headlights and peeling off the plasti-dip from those places. It would look better instead of just all covered and the same color. Other than that, it looks pretty good. Nice job.
Up'n'Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I forgot to add I will be getting a new grille and new headlights and that's the reason I couldn't be stuffed peeling it off yet. Thanks anyway

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
pieterv3814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

As above with the windows. Looks good on the body though
niro750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Pieterv3814's build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya CC-01 Landfreeder Build Thread (Build Complete) TheBlueKnight Tamiya XC/CC01 29 11-24-2014 11:21 AM
Cormier33's CC Smash Build "TEAM OTTSIX Post Season Build Off" official entry thread cormier33 Axial XR10 132 10-26-2014 11:04 PM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
Swezy207's 2.2 scaler build! (first build thread) swezy207 2.2 Scale Rigs 43 09-19-2011 07:01 PM
not really a build thread more of a upgrade thread... dragit Axial AX-10 Scorpion 16 07-02-2009 10:11 PM