RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   Is it just me ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/605348-just-me.html)

crazee horse 01-09-2019 03:53 PM

Is it just me ?

Is it just me or is the trx4 so good it's taken a little bit of the fun out of trails and crawling ? Ives started rebuilding my scx10 just to give me a challenge on the trails ! My trx4 has been so reliable im a little shocked. 14 months of ownership and 1 failed micro servo. Even the titan motor is still going fine. I go out every weekend for a good 2-3 miles through mud and streams etc I really don't look after it apart from a quick squirt of silicon spray after a rinse with the hose pipe.

JatoTheRipper 01-09-2019 04:02 PM

Re: Is it just me ?

What body do you have on yours? I have the Bronco and it's not the most capable, but it's one of the most fun.

It is the most durable though. It's a tank!

OSRC 01-09-2019 05:33 PM

I'd say the opposite - It's added a ton of fun to the trails ... leaving the diffs unlocked and trying to get around the trails and rocks and what not is a surprisingly fun challenge. Most fun I've had wheeling in years.

rkj__ 01-09-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSRC (Post 5899297)
I'd say the opposite - It's added a ton of fun to the trails ... leaving the diffs unlocked and trying to get around the trails and rocks and what not is a surprisingly fun challenge. Most fun I've had wheeling in years.

Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o0wiz0o 01-10-2019 02:02 PM

I agree with the reliability. It's been the best truck I have had.

Sneetches 01-10-2019 02:26 PM

You can always put <=4.19" tires on if you want some more of a challenge, and if that isn't enough like OSRC said you can try leaving the diffs unlocked.

AnimalHippie 01-10-2019 02:36 PM

I can't say that it's easier. I have stuff that my dingo climbs right up that my Trx won't and stuff my Trx will climb that the dingo won't. I'm definitely enjoying my Trx. Love how durable it is. Want to add some difficulty? Do front or rear unlocked or both unlocked. That should add some difficulty.

crazee horse 01-11-2019 04:39 PM

I love my trx4, and don't lock diffs unless absolutely needed. But like I originally said it's just so super capable. Wonder what greatness traxxas will do next

high plains drifter 01-11-2019 05:23 PM

My TRX4's are so capable that I had to get a leaf-sprung Marlin to balance things out!

Levi 01-13-2019 01:15 AM

Yes the trx4 is a really good truck. Far as driving it, it's a blast and why different than my rc4wd trailfinder that I drive. I have a scx10ii honcho on hand waiting to be driven this weekend hopefully if the weather holds out for the good. It will at least give me a feeling how the different trucks. I know its not apples to apples comparison but it will have to do. One of the great things about the trx4 is the aftermarket support that's out there. In fact we ended up with a second one at our house cause we love them.