RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/605697-first-trail-run-vid-let-me-know-what-you-guys-think.html)

furadi 01-20-2019 08:48 PM

First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
https://youtu.be/Rw7hlWuwVRA

Tmaxxed 01-20-2019 08:55 PM

Re: First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
Nice vid. Looks like a fun place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mewalsh100 01-20-2019 09:03 PM

Re: First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
Nice! You could spend hours and hours there working lines."thumbsup"

rkj__ 01-20-2019 09:07 PM

First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
I enjoyed it. Interesting terrain, smooth driving, and smooth camera.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

furadi 01-20-2019 09:16 PM

Re: First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmaxxed (Post 5903018)
Nice vid. Looks like a fun place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mewalsh100 (Post 5903021)
Nice! You could spend hours and hours there working lines."thumbsup"

My 2nd time there. Still finding new spots!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkj__ (Post 5903023)
I enjoyed it. Interesting terrain, smooth driving, and smooth camera.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Browneye 01-20-2019 09:16 PM

Re: First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
I'm not sure...why not embed it?
Music is lame. And too far away from your rig...
5 minutes?!~? I got thru 3. LOL You asked... ;-)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rw7hlWuwVRA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

furadi 01-20-2019 10:25 PM

Re: First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Browneye (Post 5903028)
I'm not sure...why not embed it?
Music is lame. And too far away from your rig...
5 minutes?!~? I got thru 3. LOL You asked... ;-)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rw7hlWuwVRA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey 3 minutes watched is good for any YT video. :ror:

niggemannb 01-20-2019 10:43 PM

Re: First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
Looks like a great place to crawl! Truck looks quite capable! You're off to a good start. Few tips below to help you improve.

Camera work:

1) Need to make sure you don't get too much sky in the shot, as it blacks out the truck and ground when the camera compensates. I had to turn up the brightness on my phone, and still struggled in some views.

2) You need to get a mix of shots. Up close, a bit further away, drive by, watching from atop an obstacle, etc. Most of your footage was from drivers view, which isn't as fun to watch as the up close stuff that makes it feel more realistic.

3) Slow motion shots can be fun.

Sound:

1) Music was OK. Could have been better, certainly could have been worse. It's all personal preference really.

2) I heard crackling in the sound, not sure if that was supposed to be there or not, I would recommend getting rid of that.

3) Good job getting a mix of music and truck noise. Maybe just a bit more truck noise next time.

RC:

1) The Sport is not the most scale body out there. Consider a better body or perhaps some of the accessories available from Traxxas. You could make a video about the process.

2) Lights, sound kits, and a winch in an RC really improve the scale appearance/sound. You could make a video about the process.

3) People like to see the setup of the truck, battery and location, servo, motor, any other modifications, etc.

Keep in mind that slowly evolving the truck as you make more videos and trying new locations keeps the videos feeling fresh.

The most important part is that you HAVE FUN and don't let the truck become a shelf queen!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

furadi 01-20-2019 10:59 PM

Re: First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niggemannb (Post 5903059)
Looks like a great place to crawl! Truck looks quite capable! You're off to a good start. Few tips below to help you improve.

Camera work:

1) Need to make sure you don't get too much sky in the shot, as it blacks out the truck and ground when the camera compensates. I had to turn up the brightness on my phone, and still struggled in some views.

2) You need to get a mix of shots. Up close, a bit further away, drive by, watching from atop an obstacle, etc. Most of your footage was from drivers view, which isn't as fun to watch as the up close stuff that makes it feel more realistic.

3) Slow motion shots can be fun.

Sound:

1) Music was OK. Could have been better, certainly could have been worse. It's all personal preference really.

2) I heard crackling in the sound, not sure if that was supposed to be there or not, I would recommend getting rid of that.

3) Good job getting a mix of music and truck noise. Maybe just a bit more truck noise next time.

RC:

1) The Sport is not the most scale body out there. Consider a better body or perhaps some of the accessories available from Traxxas. You could make a video about the process.

2) Lights, sound kits, and a winch in an RC really improve the scale appearance/sound. You could make a video about the process.

3) People like to see the setup of the truck, battery and location, servo, motor, any other modifications, etc.

Keep in mind that slowly evolving the truck as you make more videos and trying new locations keeps the videos feeling fresh.

The most important part is that you HAVE FUN and don't let the truck become a shelf queen!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


Love the feedback! Will definitely think about different types of shots.

Started planning out a scale body this weekend. Just gotta convince the wife changing the looks is worth $200 lol.

rkj__ 01-21-2019 08:01 AM

Re: First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by furadi (Post 5903055)
Hey 3 minutes watched is good for any YT video. :ror:

My first run video for example, was a 2:00 minute video, and the average view duration is 0:55. Clearly I have a lot to learn about making engaging videos. I was pretty excited about it when I first uploaded it, but it had a lot of shortcomings I now realize. The more RC videos I watch, the more I see what I like, and what I don't.

It's nice to see the tips in this thread. niggemannb made a lot of good suggestions. In my second and third video, I did incorporate some of the suggested changes. Like anything else, it will take some practice to improve further.

Unfortunately, some of the improvements are not free. My truck would need an interior and other upgrades to look "scale" at all. At this point I'm not sure if I will be investing in that or not. So, maybe my videos will never be an A+, but I think I'm ok with that. I'll make them once in a while, as long as I have fun doing it. I'm not going to invest the time and effort into trying to make money off of RC videos on YouTube, so it's all just for fun.

furadi 01-21-2019 09:10 AM

Re: First trail run vid! Let me know what you guys think.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rkj__ (Post 5903107)
My first run video for example, was a 2:00 minute video, and the average view duration is 0:55. Clearly I have a lot to learn about making engaging videos. I was pretty excited about it when I first uploaded it, but it had a lot of shortcomings I now realize. The more RC videos I watch, the more I see what I like, and what I don't.

It's nice to see the tips in this thread. niggemannb made a lot of good suggestions. In my second and third video, I did incorporate some of the suggested changes. Like anything else, it will take some practice to improve further.

Unfortunately, some of the improvements are not free. My truck would need an interior and other upgrades to look "scale" at all. At this point I'm not sure if I will be investing in that or not. So, maybe my videos will never be an A+, but I think I'm ok with that. I'll make them once in a while, as long as I have fun doing it. I'm not going to invest the time and effort into trying to make money off of RC videos on YouTube, so it's all just for fun.

Yeah I probably won't do an interior or too many scale accessories. It'll have to be a balance between scale and performance.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com