Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Shock mounts question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Shock mounts question

I have the TRX4 chassis kit and I see a lot of pictures without the inner fenders on the chassis. Plus I see single point shock mounts that I can't find. Anyone have any links to the shock mounts without the inner fenders? I have a proline ambush body that I want to use but the inner fenders are way to big for it to fit correctly. I don't want to cut the fenders because I am going to do a second body that will need them to be intact.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Crazy
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Shock mounts question

I got mine on eBay. They're the alloy ones with multi holes for different shock positions. There are a few makers, but I just picked about the cheapest ones I could find. I'm running a Proline '73 Bronco body, so I eliminated the inner fenders too. I really like mine.
Or you can use the Defender shock mounts, they're easy to find too.

jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post
I got mine on eBay. They're the alloy ones with multi holes for different shock positions. There are a few makers, but I just picked about the cheapest ones I could find. I'm running a Proline '73 Bronco body, so I eliminated the inner fenders too. I really like mine.
Or you can use the Defender shock mounts, they're easy to find too.

jim
cool thanks really want to replicate the Big Oly' race bronco and the Ambush body is the best fit for the 313 wheelbase.

Last edited by CRAZYACE63; 02-15-2019 at 03:51 PM.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:17 AM   #4

The TRX4 chassis is a little long for the Proline Ambush body. The wheelbase is spot on but the rear of the chassis will stick out beyond the body. I had cut 1.3" off the rear frame rails and drilled new holes for the rear bumper support to tuck everything in nicely.
Rebuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:30 AM   #5
Go Buckeyes!

In the first pic, I found these on Amazon. They are made by Treal. They are cheap and held up good.

I just recently bought the Samix front and rear shock mounts as seen in the second pic. I highly recommend the Samix. They are well worth the money and are really beefy.
Attached Images

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
I have the TRX4 chassis kit and I see a lot of pictures without the inner fenders on the chassis. Plus I see single point shock mounts that I can't find. Anyone have any links to the shock mounts without the inner fenders? I have a proline ambush body that I want to use but the inner fenders are way to big for it to fit correctly. I don't want to cut the fenders because I am going to do a second body that will need them to be intact.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Crazy
If you’re looking for the stock traxxas ones then it’s these... https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...SABEgIWmfD_BwE

Otherwise the fellas have given some good options above. I have hot racing on mine but am worried about the pan hard mount breaking off as it’s been reported to happen before. When it happens I’ll go Samix most likely.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote

Shock mounts question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick question about lcc shock mounts Anti Hero Team Losi Comp Crawler 15 01-23-2011 11:17 AM
question about rotating shock mounts cdl822 HPI Wheely King 18 03-22-2008 10:37 AM
Shock Mounts/ Lower link mounts Maxx4life Traxxas Crawlers 11 07-06-2005 12:36 AM