Default Re: TRX4 Sport kit

my kit is waiting for me at my LHS
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #102
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the help Pant Danza

Also eBay has a 15% coupon today “psavetoday”. I checked and it will apply. Now I’m waiting on spouse approval before moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SlagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:08 AM   #103
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlagMan View Post
Thanks for the help Pant Danza

Also eBay has a 15% coupon today “psavetoday”. I checked and it will apply. Now I’m waiting on spouse approval before moving forward.

spousal approval.... HAH... ordered mine with the coupon. 237.15 shipped. Yep, I guess I'll own a TRX4 now.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #104
RCC Addict

If I waited for spousal approval I wouldn't have any or even be here LMAO!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:21 AM   #105
Rock Stacker

Default TRX4 Sport kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
spousal approval.... HAH... ordered mine with the coupon. 237.15 shipped. Yep, I guess I'll own a TRX4 now.

Ha your post on amain coupon is why I checked eBay and then posted the coupon. Glad it could help!

Old 03-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

I was looking at getting a Sport Kit (already own three TRX4's, but want to build one!), and they are $379 Canadian, which is way overpriced.

I'm waiting for Traxxas to just come out with a sport chassis kit without the body and tires and save me an extra $100+. Any chance for a Traxxas "TRX-4 raw builder's kit" coming soon?
BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #107
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
If I waited for spousal approval I wouldn't have any or even be here LMAO!

Freakin' like button... LOL

On a raw builders kit from Traxxas? I doubt it. Frankly I think we're lucky to get this one with no electrics. That's what kept me off the previous 'kit' from them - I need another radio like I need a hole in the head.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ha your post on amain coupon is why I checked eBay and then posted the coupon. Glad it could help!

help? you enabler... it was better than Amains anyhow, saved me over 40 dollars. 41 and some change if I remember right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashNSlash View Post
I was looking at getting a Sport Kit (already own three TRX4's, but want to build one!), and they are $379 Canadian, which is way overpriced.

I'm waiting for Traxxas to just come out with a sport chassis kit without the body and tires and save me an extra $100+. Any chance for a Traxxas "TRX-4 raw builder's kit" coming soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Freakin' like button... LOL

On a raw builders kit from Traxxas? I doubt it. Frankly I think we're lucky to get this one with no electrics. That's what kept me off the previous 'kit' from them - I need another radio like I need a hole in the head.
I think you can sell the body wheels tires and scale accessories for 100 bucks pretty easy off this sport assembly kit. So it should put you right in line where you want to be I'd think

Last edited by DukeMinnix; 03-12-2019 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Dammit.... I should've waited on purchasing the kit lol. My Amain purchase was basically a tax-free purchase because I get taxed buying from them. I could've used this ebay coupon several days ago.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #110
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Dammit.... I should've waited on purchasing the kit lol. My Amain purchase was basically a tax-free purchase because I get taxed buying from them. I could've used this ebay coupon several days ago.
my seller quoted possible two weeks delivery time, but then I looked and they were just in PA, I'm in WV as you know so I should see it end of the week or beginning of next week at the latest i'd think
Old 03-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
my seller quoted possible two weeks delivery time, but then I looked and they were just in PA, I'm in WV as you know so I should see it end of the week or beginning of next week at the latest i'd think
I got mine yesterday. I ordered it when it was first posted on Amain and noticed that it wasn't coupon restricted. I get taxed almost 8% buying anything from Amain, so my savings were around 2%. If I got it off ebay from an out of state vendor, I'd get the full 15%.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:08 AM   #112
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Did you use d&d sportscards? If so they’ve been great the few times I bought from them.

I just ordered one through RC superstore. Will probably get it Friday. Also I am an enabler.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:20 AM   #113
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Did you use d&d sportscards? If so they’ve been great the few times I bought from them.
that's exactly who I bought from
Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #114
RCC Addict

Quote:
I got mine yesterday. I ordered it when it was first posted on Amain and noticed that it wasn't coupon restricted. I get taxed almost 8% buying anything from Amain, so my savings were around 2%. If I got it off ebay from an out of state vendor, I'd get the full 15%.

So stupid komifornia and their tax structure...I surely get it. BUT - you're SUPPOSED to CLAIM your purchases on your state tax filing AND pay tax on them.

I am always disappointed when ebay sellers out of state collect state tax. Amazon I guess has been forced to. Oh well eh?

I decided the extra I had to pay to GET one was worth it, or risk just not being able to get one at all. They've sold out everywhere.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:06 AM   #115
Rock Stacker

Quote:
When are you going to do your build thread? I've been doing mine slowly because of all the activities the kids had. I just got done with the chassis. So far I am missing 2 screws. I've got to say though. I have been building RC kits since the 80's and this is one of the better kits as far as fit. Traxxas needs to come out with more kits.
neospirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neospirit View Post
When are you going to do your build thread? I've been doing mine slowly because of all the activities the kids had. I just got done with the chassis. So far I am missing 2 screws. I've got to say though. I have been building RC kits since the 80's and this is one of the better kits as far as fit. Traxxas needs to come out with more kits.
I'll probably do it next. I haven't even opened it yet.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #117
Rock Crawler

Having never owned a TRX4, what kind of hardware can I expect? Typical metric button and socket heads with a few tapered thrown in for good measure?
Old 03-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #118
RCC Addict

Quote:
Having never owned a TRX4, what kind of hardware can I expect? Typical metric button and socket heads with a few tapered thrown in for good measure?
Yeah it's the normal hex head black iron oxide stuff, never had any issues with it on my TRX or any of my previous Slash 4x4s
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #119
Rock Crawler

What kind of grease do these portal boxes like to chew on? The standard junk we throw in trans and axial axles? Anything special better or worse on them? I can't imagine but better to cross my Ts and dot my Is
Old 03-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What kind of grease do these portal boxes like to chew on? The standard junk we throw in trans and axial axles? Anything special better or worse on them? I can't imagine but better to cross my Ts and dot my Is
I don't like anything too thick in TRX4 axles, the resistance of heavy grease adds up between the diff gears and portal gears. Vanquish grease is my go to these days because it stays on better than the typical wheel bearing grease everyone uses without being too thick.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

TRX4 Sport kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 speed conversion kit/activating servo in my trx4 sport ShotCrawler Traxxas Crawlers 3 08-31-2021 05:11 PM
trx4 sport motor floydtn Newbie General 4 02-18-2019 02:33 PM
Trx4 bronco with Sport body and traxxas lift kit Exiwolfman Traxxas TRX-4 0 10-13-2018 02:20 PM
Trx4 kit or trx4 sport mebeknob Newbie General 10 09-26-2018 10:38 PM