Notices

Thread: Jato Assembles a TRX-4 Sport Unassembled Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #261
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Jato Assembles a TRX-4 Sport Unassembled Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Yeah it had my curiosity too. But the noised drove me away. They can be smooth as hell though. I've seen it in person. Just didn't work for me.

A Puller Pro is awesome and you'll love it.

Thanks!
Did you play around and try different settings on the Mamba? I know JRH pairs his Revolver with the Sidewinder 4 in his video. I considered this setup, but the internal BEC on the Sidewinder doesn't compare IIRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Man, that is weird on your Revolver Jato. I put mine in the Sport last week with a Mamba-X and I’m loving it. Running 45spur and 11pinion with UD out back. Start up is awesome and it will just creep at a nearly undetectable pace. I’ve got OD gears on the way to throw up front. Wondering if maybe they’re just a bit tall for smooth start up on the Revolver? I guess I’m gonna find out.
Cool, these reviews have me so curious about the Revolver. How many kv?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2019, 03:41 AM   #262
I wanna be Dave

1800kv smog
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:59 AM   #263

Quote:
Man, that is weird on your Revolver Jato. I put mine in the Sport last week with a Mamba-X and I’m loving it. Running 45spur and 11pinion with UD out back. Start up is awesome and it will just creep at a nearly undetectable pace. I’ve got OD gears on the way to throw up front. Wondering if maybe they’re just a bit tall for smooth start up on the Revolver? I guess I’m gonna find out.
Yep, it is odd considering everybody else loves theirs and raves about the smooth startup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Did you play around and try different settings on the Mamba? I know JRH pairs his Revolver with the Sidewinder 4 in his video. I considered this setup, but the internal BEC on the Sidewinder doesn't compare IIRC
I played with the Mamba X settings a bunch on the first Revolver, but not the second. Holmes bench tested my replacement Revolver before sending it to me so that’s how I know the motor is good and that the issue is probably something about my setup. But the sound alone turned me off so I posted the motor for sale in the classifieds. Already got one nibble on it.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:23 AM   #264
RCC Addict

Codyboy took his out too.
I have the 1080 with HH 21T and it's great - very smooth.

So, the mamba works for brushed or brushless? I did not know that.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Codyboy took his out too.
I have the 1080 with HH 21T and it's great - very smooth.

So, the mamba works for brushed or brushless? I did not know that.
Yes, it works with brushed and it does it quite well. You need to switch the motor mode in the ESC and you’re good to go.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #266
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Yep, it is odd considering everybody else loves theirs and raves about the smooth startup.

I played with the Mamba X settings a bunch on the first Revolver, but not the second. Holmes bench tested my replacement Revolver before sending it to me so that’s how I know the motor is good and that the issue is probably something about my setup. But the sound alone turned me off so I posted the motor for sale in the classifieds. Already got one nibble on it.

Quick update regarding your Revolver issue. Got the OD installed up front, and it's still smooth as silk. Not sure what the missing link is with yours?
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #267

Quote:
Quick update regarding your Revolver issue. Got the OD installed up front, and it's still smooth as silk. Not sure what the missing link is with yours?
Delayed response, but I sold the Revolver.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:31 PM   #268

I had off from work today so I bugged OSRC to go trailing with me. I finally got a chance to drive the Sport after the latest mods. It did well. I still wish it was more planted, especially in the front. It likes to wheelie easier than it should so maybe I'll add more weight.

The drag brake was a little weak so I want to bump that up for next time.

The ProModeler servo SUCKS. It stuttered and bound up all day. I'm going to try to feed it a little more juice from the Mamba X, but I kinda think there's something wrong with it. 6.0V should be enough.

The truck could use a little more wheel speed so I want to bump up the pinion one two or more.

The Hyrax in Predator compound worked so damn well even on the slick and wet rocks. I know people initially said they weren't impressed with this compound, but I love it.

Here are a few photos from today.

The real star of the show was OSRC's Defender. This color is just perfect for the Defender body. Beautiful truck. It also crawls way better than it has any right to do so.

This climb is way tougher than it looks. You can see I accidentally had the camera titled so the climb is steeper than it appears in this photo. And this rock was slick and slimy from the wet, mud and moss and it climbed up just fine. This rock has stopped and broken many trucks.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:32 PM   #269
I wanna be Dave

Have you tried another esc in this truck? Seems odd to have servo and motor problems despite holmes testing it before shipping it out, and I think Promodoler tests all there servos before shipping. Any chance the Mamba that is powering them both could somehow be fluky?

Sucks about the underdrive gears being out of tolerance.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kit, sport, traxxas, trx-4, trx4

Jato Assembles a TRX-4 Sport Unassembled Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Sport Assembly Kit! nedmo General Scale Talk 22 03-02-2019 06:52 AM
TRX-4 sport/Bronco kit BrianP Traxxas TRX-4 19 10-27-2018 07:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport part 2! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 08-03-2018 06:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 07-23-2018 07:19 AM