Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: RCTom gets an orange Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2019, 05:19 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: RCTom gets an orange Blazer

As promised, I took a look at the mirror situation. I got lucky and found that I do have a right side mirror that was simply mounted upside down and backwards. To fix it, all I had to do is pull off the two retaining clips, remove the O-ring spacers used to keep the mirror snug to the body, pull the mirror out and orient it the correct way, and reinstall everything. Easy peasy lemon squeezee! I took some pics because, well, I went through the trouble of creating a Flickr account last night so I'm going to use it.

Back side of mirror inside the body. Two clips and O-rings holding the mirror to the body. Notice the orange overspray on the clear part of the window. Came right off with my thumbnail.

[IMG]Untitled by RC Tom, on Flickr[/IMG]

Clips and O-rings removed.

Mirror removed, flipped around, and reinserted back into body.

Mirror fix complete. Looking at both mirrors from the front. They match so I'm going to call this very minor update finished. Now onto some wrenching on my son's car so I can clear a spot on the bench for my Sport project.

RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

That K5 look good, and got to be lighter then the K5 hard body i have sitting idle.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:21 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

I have been a long time fan of Traxxas and I have a few vintage trucks from the early 90's. Eagle, Blue Eagle, Hawk, Blue Eagle LS...

I was very impressed with the Land Rover, and then I thought they had done it perfectly with the Bronco, and now this Blazer is absolute perfection! Even complimenting each rig with the correct rims...splendid Traxxas! I am thinking I'd like to get a set of the Rally rims to go on my 69.

I almost pulled the trigger on this Blazer(my wife would have my head), I may just hold out for a bit. I'm secretly hoping for a Ramcharger. If Traxxas builds a Ramcharger with the skill and detail they have put into the Bronco and the Blazer, I will definitely be getting one. I may get my head chopped off, but I will definitely find a place for a new Traxxas Ramcharger in my shop.

Sorry, just my rant...
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTom View Post
As promised, I took a look at the mirror situation. I got lucky and found that I do have a right side mirror that was simply mounted upside down and backwards. To fix it, all I had to do is pull off the two retaining clips, remove the O-ring spacers used to keep the mirror snug to the body, pull the mirror out and orient it the correct way, and reinstall everything. Easy peasy lemon squeezee! I took some pics because, well, I went through the trouble of creating a Flickr account last night so I'm going to use it.
Good to see the mirror was just flipped! I need to get some of those black clips for my Sport mirrors since you can clearly see the clips from the windshield!

Odd that yours had overspray on the windows, but I'm glad it came off easily.

Be careful with Flickr. Their free account is limited. I was using Flickr until they pulled the Photobucket move and said "Oh by the way, you have to pay if you want to keep all your photos on our site!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58_Willys View Post
I have been a long time fan of Traxxas and I have a few vintage trucks from the early 90's. Eagle, Blue Eagle, Hawk, Blue Eagle LS...

I was very impressed with the Land Rover, and then I thought they had done it perfectly with the Bronco, and now this Blazer is absolute perfection! Even complimenting each rig with the correct rims...splendid Traxxas! I am thinking I'd like to get a set of the Rally rims to go on my 69.

I almost pulled the trigger on this Blazer(my wife would have my head), I may just hold out for a bit. I'm secretly hoping for a Ramcharger. If Traxxas builds a Ramcharger with the skill and detail they have put into the Bronco and the Blazer, I will definitely be getting one. I may get my head chopped off, but I will definitely find a place for a new Traxxas Ramcharger in my shop.

Sorry, just my rant...
I'm not a Dodge fan and I hated Ramchargers back in the day, but now I think they look cool as they have aged. I'd love to see a Ramcharger body as well!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:30 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Be careful with Flickr. Their free account is limited. I was using Flickr until they pulled the Photobucket move and said "Oh by the way, you have to pay if you want to keep all your photos on our site!"
Good to know. If you don't mind my asking, who do you use to host your photos now? The good thing is that I only have 10-12 photos on Flickr so now would be a good time to move them before I add more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Thank you! I do my best to make my threads informative and entertaining. I'm looking forward to see what you do with this Blazer.
You do a great job! Definitely very informative and entertaining at the same time. I learn a lot from you. I haven't touched the Blazer since the mirror fix on Friday night. I planned to work on it over the weekend but I had to put some time in on my 1966 Ford TRX-4 and my kid's LNC to get them ready for some indoor rock crawling on Saturday night. Of course, they took way longer to get ready than anticipated. Then I forgot I had promised to take the kid mountain biking on Sunday and that took all day (plus most of the evening).

Hopefully, I'll get back on the Blazer tonight. Plus, I need to get that Sport build finally underway!
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTom View Post
Good to know. If you don't mind my asking, who do you use to host your photos now? The good thing is that I only have 10-12 photos on Flickr so now would be a good time to move them before I add more.

You do a great job! Definitely very informative and entertaining at the same time. I learn a lot from you. I haven't touched the Blazer since the mirror fix on Friday night. I planned to work on it over the weekend but I had to put some time in on my 1966 Ford TRX-4 and my kid's LNC to get them ready for some indoor rock crawling on Saturday night. Of course, they took way longer to get ready than anticipated. Then I forgot I had promised to take the kid mountain biking on Sunday and that took all day (plus most of the evening).

Hopefully, I'll get back on the Blazer tonight. Plus, I need to get that Sport build finally underway!
I'm now using https://imgur.com/

It's not perfect. It's kinda cumbersome to use, especially if you're not on a desktop computer, but I've heard it's owned by Reddit so people think it will be free for a long time.

Thank you! I sincerely appreciate the kind words and I'm flattered that you learn from me!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

RCTom gets an orange Blazer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for info on orange chevy blazer on table.. anyone??? FRENCHBLUE72 Competitions 9 10-22-2011 12:17 AM
Using a Blazer CGR interior inside a 'full top' PLR Blazer body-Has anyone done this? BeeRC Paint and Body 4 10-31-2009 03:37 PM
Nascarkeith's Proline Blazer CGR Bodied Blazer Wheely King nascarkeith HPI Wheely King 6 10-30-2009 02:49 AM
orange blazer bigblazerboy Chit Chat 2 10-10-2007 08:34 PM