RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   Xtra Speed Axles (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/607723-xtra-speed-axles.html)

Bigbush979 04-05-2019 11:31 AM

Xtra Speed Axles

What is everybody’s experience with xtra speed axle housings? I’m looking to put a set on my trx-4 Bronco and i’ve heard of some people having trouble with the locking differentials after installing these. Also how bad is the install? I’m new to all of this and this will be my first time dealing with axles. Thanks in advance for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnimalHippie 04-05-2019 12:14 PM

Re: Xtra Speed Axles

I have a fleabay China special $20 alloy axle housing up front on my Trx. It was a super easy install. Not one issue with it and everything still working great. Don't know anything about the ones you're talking about tho. Remember when using the search on this forum to always use advanced search. From what I remember allot of people stay clear of anything Xtra Speed. Good luck brother!

Inspector86 04-05-2019 06:29 PM

Take a look at the Yeah Racing housings. I have used both. The Yeah Racing are about the same price as that Xtra Speed but are better quality.

carpetfuzz17 04-19-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimalHippie (Post 5925145)
I have a fleabay China special $20 alloy axle housing up front on my Trx. It was a super easy install. Not one issue with it and everything still working great. Don't know anything about the ones you're talking about tho. Remember when using the search on this forum to always use advanced search. From what I remember allot of people stay clear of anything Xtra Speed. Good luck brother!

You have the Xtra Speed front axle trust me I know :lmao:

Exalted85 08-12-2019 09:36 AM

Did you buy the xtra speed or yeah racing? Results?

OSRC 08-12-2019 10:52 AM

The lockers bound up in my xtra speed axles. The pivot that switches from locked to unlocked did not move freely. Tried to scrape some paint out to no avail. I ended up using those axles with spools and they were fine. I'm sure they will work with a bit of fiddling, I just lost patience with it.

The Yeah titanium axles worked fine with the lockers.

jonnywachter 08-12-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector86 (Post 5925248)
Take a look at the Yeah Racing housings. I have used both. The Yeah Racing are about the same price as that Xtra Speed but are better quality.

If you think the Yeah racing axles are any better quality than Xtra speed, you've been fooled by branding because I can almost guarantee you they are made in the same factory in china.

Exalted85 08-12-2019 02:28 PM

I read a review that showed the yeah racing snap, which makes me a little hesitant to buy theirs..haven't heard anything bad about xtra..yet.

I'm just looking to get some weight up front..and everything is so expensive, figured this might be good / good up better than plastic on adding additional brass. Metal axle vs plastic.

Topher Builds 08-12-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exalted85 (Post 5955952)
I read a review that showed the yeah racing snap, which makes me a little hesitant to buy theirs..haven't heard anything bad about xtra..yet.

I'm just looking to get some weight up front..and everything is so expensive, figured this might be good / good up better than plastic on adding additional brass. Metal axle vs plastic.

A YR TRX4 axle snapped? I can’t even imagine what one would have to do to accomplish that.

I have both on sets on different trx4s. The yeah racing fit and finish is superior by far, the xtra speed needed some filing and shimming where I haven’t had to shim before to get them running smoothly but some people get lucky and didn’t need much work. I wasn’t one of them.

I’d recommend the YR before the xtra speed from my experiences.

Alexander_0_1 08-13-2019 01:03 PM

Lockedup-rc has trx4 axles made by devil-rc, they are $32-33.

I have no experience with the product, but I get a lot of stuff from lockedup-rc, and it’s good quality.