Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX4 Sport ATL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #1

Default TRX4 Sport ATL

Has anyone tried out the ATL all time low chassis yet?
I am thinking of buying that for my TRX4 Sport.
what do you recommend?
thx
super bike mike
SSmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #2

Default Re: TRX4 Sport ATL

I don't think I've seen this chassis. Do you have a link or photos?

If it's not a C-channel it's not a scale. I'm pretty sure it was Harley on Instagram that said something to the effect of he doesn't run flat chassis rails because it's not 2005 anymore.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I don't think I've seen this chassis. Do you have a link or photos?

If it's not a C-channel it's not a scale. I'm pretty sure it was Harley on Instagram that said something to the effect of he doesn't run flat chassis rails because it's not 2005 anymore.

Lol. Harsh. Lol. But true if your goin scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bex_RDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Never watched a single video, and with comments like that I'm clearly not missing anything.

Personally, I've never seen one. I think there's a Toyzuki chassis with TRX4 axles here somewhere. (Someone get hold of Toyzuki and remind him it's 2019, flat panel chassis have no place here - stop living in the past....)

The ATL chassis has much more adjustability than stock - various upper link mounts, shock mounts, etc. And the carbon version is far lighter. If that's your thing, it's worth a look. Not sure if they make a TRX-4 specific version, but I'm sure it could be adapted.

If your building a truck that puts scale appearance over high performance, than the stock chassis is fine. All depends what you want to get out of it.

Last edited by OSRC; 05-01-2019 at 04:39 PM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:47 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

This is an ATL chassis. It has a trx4 2 speed trans in a brazin' printed skid. Pulling the rear steer axle out and going back to solid when I have time to work on it again. It is a nice step ahead for a trx4, geometry adjustability and shock mounting options are always welcome to the party.

I have a Toyzuki V3 on trx4 axles too. I just swapped it to brushless yesterday so I haven't had time to clean up the mess that is the wiring since I wasn't sure if I was going to leave it this way or bo back to brushed. This chassis is beyond killer. I'd recommend TZ to anyone, I have "2.5" t cases in all my TZ rigs for over/under gearing and it flat kicks ass. Good geometry makes them just flat work.

To say that plate chassis is archaic is purely ignorant from a performance standpoint. Say you don't like plate chassis all you like but geometry and designs have made leaps and bounds over anything scale, comp etc made in 2005.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Never watched a single video, and with comments like that I'm clearly not missing anything.

Personally, I've never seen one. I think there's a Toyzuki chassis with TRX4 axles here somewhere. (Someone get hold of Toyzuki and remind him it's 2019, flat panel chassis have no place here - stop living in the past....)

The ATL chassis has much more adjustability than stock - various upper link mounts, shock mounts, etc. And the carbon version is far lighter. If that's your thing, it's worth a look. Not sure if they make a TRX-4 specific version, but I'm sure it could be adapted.

If your building a truck that puts scale appearance over high performance, than the stock chassis is fine. All depends what you want to get out of it.
Harley said it again this morning. He said he likes the ToyZuki motor mount, but hates their flat chassis rails.

There's a lot of points where I strongly disagree with Harley, but I'm in agreement with flat chassis rails. They just look terrible to me on a scale truck and the lateral strength can't be the same as a C-channel. That doesn't mean I'd never use one. I'd still love to build a ToyZuki at some point. But that would be more performance than scale.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:03 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I can say for certain my homebrew flat chassis have more lateral strength than the stock Axial C channel chassis... it's all in how it's braced. I've never stripped the TRX chassis down yet, so I can't speak to it. It feels far stronger just fondling it on the bench, that's for sure. Shock tower braces and better plastics for the cross members makes a big difference.

Thanks White Trash, I knew I saw at least a TZ chassis here somewhere, just couldn't remember where. ATL looks good too.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:19 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

How much lateral strength is needed in a toy truck chassis? We aren't talking about a carpet car that needs tuned for exacting amounts of chassis flex or a touring car with minutiae tuned suspension with no chassis flex. Other then bolt on brackets for the upper links or custom built welded tabs there is no adjustment for the upper links on any steel c channel chassis out there. I'd never taken harley for one to be stuck in the dark ages of performance but I guess that's his place now.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #9

well, I think I will try the ATL Brazin Chassis and Build a TRX4 Sport onto it. thanks for the feedback. ALL Great points!
https://www.brazinscalerc.com/chassis
here is the link.
SSmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:11 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
How much lateral strength is needed in a toy truck chassis?
Not as exact as touring cars for sure, and it's a non-issue out on the rocks. But I don't care for a flexy chassis personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmike1 View Post
well, I think I will try the ATL Brazin Chassis and Build a TRX4 Sport onto it. thanks for the feedback.
See what you started? Hope all this sidetracking helped, and post pics once you get started!

TRX4 Sport ATL - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trx4 Sport build Shawns303 Traxxas TRX-4 15 01-12-2020 08:41 PM
TRX4 Sport kit svt923 Traxxas TRX-4 265 06-27-2019 04:16 PM
trx4 sport interior freakofnature Traxxas TRX-4 13 03-15-2019 06:19 AM
Trx4 kit or trx4 sport mebeknob Newbie General 10 09-26-2018 10:38 PM