Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4
Loading

Notices

Thread: Raptor Ranger Sport

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 831
Default Raptor Ranger Sport

You know the general basics of the sport kit, followed those. Had a friend of mine who I will not name to respect his privacy but he is a forum member and if he wants to take credit for his work, I encourage him to do so. He did some magic with 3d printing and got me some raptor ranger grill and tailgate appliquť pieces cut. Powered by roc412 and a mamba, steering duties belong to savox 1230. Flysky radio. You know the rest. Have some pics. Enjoy!









Some pics were pre interior. Inner fenders on the bench waiting for install as are a set of black machetes with tan color matched rings. TBD what tires. Toss up between 4.75 MTR, PB, or TSLs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DukeMinnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 831
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

Forgot pic with the bumper fitted on the back. Itís high clearance and I swapped front and rears around and flipped the rear upside down and cut the hitch off for the front.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DukeMinnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 831
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

video running testing out some TSLs on motoworx. Stance is a little more narrow, don't know if I liked it or not with those wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiUTWXLhVZc

Channel is brand new started by local crawler buddy. It will feature his rigs, my rigs, as well as the occasional cameo from our buddy Bananaclip and his works of art, as well as any other guests we can talk into making the trek to our little slice of heaven.
DukeMinnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:51 PM   #4
Rock Crawler
 
indybama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: US
Posts: 692
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

The grille n tailgate look great on there, nice job! Yall got some beautiful terrain over there. Im always on the lookout here in bama for places to go.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #5
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 831
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
The grille n tailgate look great on there, nice job! Yall got some beautiful terrain over there. Im always on the lookout here in bama for places to go.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk


Cough SVT made em cough


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DukeMinnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:47 PM   #6
Rock Crawler
 
indybama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: US
Posts: 692
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

Lol, he done a great job though. Very talented fellar

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:25 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 3,183
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Lol, he done a great job though. Very talented fellar
Agreed.

Impeccable design and craftsmanship by this unnamed member.

He must be jealous that his own TRX4 doesn't look that good.
svt923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:58 AM   #8
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 831
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Lol, he done a great job though. Very talented fellar

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Agreed.

Impeccable design and craftsmanship by this unnamed member.

He must be jealous that his own TRX4 doesn't look that good.
Him He did it.
DukeMinnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:25 AM   #9
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 831
Default Raptor Ranger Sport

Was about to get out for a little stretch last night at our local creek bed spot minutes from my house. Unfortunately Poochie dropped a steering servo 25 yards into crawling, we had intended on grabbing video of both rigs. Enjoy our little slice of heaven.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-G2mZrg-mU



On a side note, the MTRs performed extremely well in those conditions I think, as well as either the alien RB XLs or the TSL XLs in G8 compound. I guess I have three sets of wheels and tires to swap between haha.


Last edited by DukeMinnix; 07-11-2019 at 08:29 AM.
DukeMinnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #10
Formerly Pant Danza
 
Topher Builds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,039
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

Really like the style of this truck, you and unamed SVT member did a great job with those ford pieces.

Got those tires on my radar now
Topher Builds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #11
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 831
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Really like the style of this truck, you and unamed SVT member did a great job with those ford pieces.

Got those tires on my radar now
yes, the unnamed SVT king of build threads, did do an outstanding job on them and it really set the truck up to look legit. The shape of the headlights is a little off from the emerging images of the raptor ranger from international sales, but its not bad. These tires have performed well on any truck I've had them on.

I expect if you ever make an east coast trip you'll swing by with a truck and we'll cut you off a slice of the area.
DukeMinnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 3,183
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

A little behind the scenes of the Ford parts:

The letters on the front grill were all individual pieces. Unsurprisingly, Raptor lettering isn't done in a standard font.



The TRX4 logo and all the grill slats were carefully cut out of the original grill and filled in with a printed filler piece to raise the letters. All the letters were individually glued on for correct alignment with the curve of the grill.



The tailgate was designed to fit over the original tailgate/light bucket setup after a very bad cutting down. This way they could be glued together and the whole setup could be installed/removed from the body just like the stock part.



Since the tailgate is flat, it was printed as a single piece with the letters.



Duke was left to paint it up since I, err this unnamed member, can't do everything for him.
svt923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:52 AM   #13
Gold Star Baby!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 718
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

Good looking Sport and awesome Ford emblems done by SVT! Great job!

Glad to hear the MTR's did well for you. I've been wanting to try a set out.
It looks like they should do well for me as the terrain I run on in Ohio is similar to yours. It's just not as beautiful as yours is down in the land of "Almost Heaven".

Enjoyed the video and looking forward to seeing more!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:23 AM   #14
Formerly Pant Danza
 
Topher Builds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,039
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

I didnít even notice the video link, that is a great spot!!

Embedded for ya and subíd

Topher Builds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #15
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 831
Default Re: Raptor Ranger Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
A little behind the scenes of the Ford parts:

The letters on the front grill were all individual pieces. Unsurprisingly, Raptor lettering isn't done in a standard font.



The TRX4 logo and all the grill slats were carefully cut out of the original grill and filled in with a printed filler piece to raise the letters. All the letters were individually glued on for correct alignment with the curve of the grill.



The tailgate was designed to fit over the original tailgate/light bucket setup after a very bad cutting down. This way they could be glued together and the whole setup could be installed/removed from the body just like the stock part.



Since the tailgate is flat, it was printed as a single piece with the letters.



Duke was left to paint it up since I, err this unnamed member, can't do everything for him.
This guy is a real peach of a buddy I tell yah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Good looking Sport and awesome Ford emblems done by SVT! Great job!

Glad to hear the MTR's did well for you. I've been wanting to try a set out.
It looks like they should do well for me as the terrain I run on in Ohio is similar to yours. It's just not as beautiful as yours is down in the land of "Almost Heaven".

Enjoyed the video and looking forward to seeing more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
I didnít even notice the video link, that is a great spot!!

Embedded for ya and subíd
Thanks fellas, appreciate it.
DukeMinnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Raptor Ranger Sport - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport part 2! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 08-03-2018 06:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 07-23-2018 07:19 AM
Lone Ranger Aka Danger Ranger R A N D A L L Tamiya XC/CC01 21 01-12-2015 11:36 PM
help with my 1.1 ranger mudhunter 1:1 Full Size Vehicles 26 11-09-2006 03:06 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com