Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 sport - shortest bomber mount?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2019, 05:36 AM   #1

Default TRX-4 sport - shortest bomber mount?

Hi All,

so I finally finish the build and have few runs with my TRX-4 sport with proline 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (300mm wheelbase) body.

as I am more and more with the performance side less the scale look, I am looking to get more approach and departure angle, without cutting the chassis in this stage.

as on real off-road vehicle, the key is to get the bumper close as you can to the body.

the first mod that i did was to get the bumper mount switch up, what give my little bit more, but I can see there is a lot of space that I can get with basic bumper mount, you can see the picture, the red line is basically the chassis line.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13lx...iZ69LW0egU24Jx

I could not find any bumper mount that is flush with the chassis or shorter than stock, even 3D printed one is good.

someone have idea ?
TAOTAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2019, 06:13 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: TRX-4 sport - shortest bomber mount?

If you use a demmel and some close cutters you can modify that bumper mount to slide in the chassis rails farther. Then just drill new holes for the mount in the rails. That's what I did with mine both on my Trx and my Scx10 using stock Trx bumper mounts. I'll get you a few pics when I get home this afternoon. Here's a few pics of the ones on my Trx. I've been working on bumpers for the Scx10 so I have one of the mounts off that I can get a pic of later when I'm home

AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: TRX-4 sport - shortest bomber mount?

Sorry it took so long. Sick kids= crazy house lmao!

Here's some shots of the Trx rear bumper mount flipped upside-down and cut to work on my girls' Scx10. Some times it just takes doing it. You mess up. a new set is like 8 bucks or something. Don't mind the rough cut lol!

AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote

TRX-4 sport - shortest bomber mount? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Sport 4RunnerKid Traxxas TRX-4 104 08-29-2018 08:59 PM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport part 2! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 08-03-2018 06:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 07-23-2018 07:19 AM