Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX4 Noob... Link, LED, TQi questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #1

Default TRX4 Noob... Link, LED, TQi questions

All,

Just started playing around with my TRX4 Blazer... have several questions (new to RC stuff).

First up, the LED light kit... The power distribution box has a connector that goes to the receiver (second channel 1 port) and a connector to the ESC. I assume the connector to the receiver is to turn it on, pulling the Always On signal from channel 1, and the connector to the ESC is to pull power from the ESC's internal BEC thingy. Correct?

Second, there shows an ability to control LED lights via the Link app (on your phone)... how does that work with the TRX4 and Blazer? I click on it and it says no power amplifier detected.

Third, is there a basic book or something I can read to learn more about the electronics theory of these things? I think I have most of it, but still learning and hate wasting other's time!

Fourth, I want to add a police light bar to the rig. BUT I REALLY want to be able to control it and the LED headlights/tail lights (LED kit) remotely. Since right now the power dist. box for the LED kit is wired to channel 1 and the ESC, its always on which is ok, but I'd prefer a little control. I'm looking at adding an amazon police light bar that appears to be able to change modes. Here's the question: Can I get a Y adapter for the diff lock servos and wire them together for channel 4 freeing up channel 5? -Or- can i get a couple Y adapters and wire the diff lock servos to lock up when you engage low on the transmission shift (channel 3 i think). If so, what kind of Y adapters do you use (JST i think?). That would then free up channels 4 and 5, correct?

If I did the diff locks to engage off the low trans shift, then is it possible to connect the LED distribution block to channel 4? Which leads to another questions, channel output, is there a hot, ground, and signal? How does the signal work?

And if i have channel 5 free, could it then in theory run my cheapo amazon police light bar? Or is there another light bar to investigate?
colsoncj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

TRX4 Noob... Link, LED, TQi questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TQi link app questions biggreen96 Electronics 2 06-19-2019 09:45 AM
Traxxas TQi 4 channel and LED’s Hozz Electronics 6 05-07-2019 12:20 AM
Just a couple noob questions. (4 link setup) Meatbag Newbie General 0 09-08-2011 02:06 PM