Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4
Loading

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 body swaps

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida Gulf coast
Posts: 177
Default TRX-4 body swaps

I have a TRX-4 with the Defender body. I am ordering the Blazer body for it. Will it be a simple swap of the bodies or will I need other parts?

I am buying the clear body with the front grill pieces and the rear brake light pieces. The body does not come with the inner fenders. I figures I would need the inner fenders for the Blazer but if I can wait on that it would be better as I don’t have that much $$$ right now to get them.

Last edited by RABIDFOX; 08-20-2019 at 09:10 AM.
RABIDFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 285
Default Re: TRX-4 body swaps

You will need to shorten the wheelbase rear links to get a 12.3in for the bronco body. The defender has a 12.8in wheelbase

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Schs2013; 08-20-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 285
Default Re: TRX-4 body swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABIDFOX View Post
I have a TRX-4 with the Defender body. I am ordering the Blazer body for it. Will it be a simple swap of the bodies or will I need other parts?

I am buying the clear body with the front grill pieces and the rear brake light pieces. The body does not come with the inner fenders. I figures I would need the inner fenders for the Blazer but if I can wait on that it would be better as I donít have that much $$$ right now to get them.
This is what your needs to finish the swap link for you https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...ra8058/p770893

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:16 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida Gulf coast
Posts: 177
Default Re: TRX-4 body swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
This is what your needs to finish the swap link for you https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...ra8058/p770893

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Many thanks.
RABIDFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida Gulf coast
Posts: 177
Default Re: TRX-4 body swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
You will need to shorten the wheelbase rear links to get a 12.3in for the bronco body. The defender has a 12.8in wheelbase

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Iím not ordering the Bronco body. Itís the Blazer body I am ordering. Does it have the same wheelbase as the Bronco?
RABIDFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:00 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Caldwell
Posts: 3
Default Re: TRX-4 body swaps

The Bronc and Blazer have the same wheel base.
cwmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pembroke ON Canada
Posts: 285
Default Re: TRX-4 body swaps

I mix up Bronco for Blazer and yes they have the same 12.3in wheelbase

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



TRX-4 body swaps - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any axle housing swaps? rsb5772 Redcat Crawlers 7 07-30-2016 07:02 AM
Yeti Swaps Ends chipgibbs Axial Yeti 4 10-05-2015 04:59 PM
Ascender Body Swaps jrkilburn Vaterra Ascender 3 12-30-2014 06:16 PM
For those thinking of 540 Swaps JKMotorsports Redcat Crawlers 4 02-21-2012 10:03 PM
quick axle tube swaps envious8420 Tamiya Clod Buster 8 01-31-2006 10:20 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com