Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Winter is Coming............again?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2019, 08:57 AM   #41
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Winter is Coming............again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post

From two weeks ago.
Beautiful! I am glad I chose to paint white. Looks right at home in the snow We had some of that, but it all melted away
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
That’s strange smog. Mine sits down a good bit further in the rig than the OE battery tray.

Zooming in on the pic of yours, and looking at mine, they appear to be a little different though. Have you tried flipping the tray 180 - so what is front now is back and vice versa? Even though they seem to be a bit different, yours would appear more closely to mine in that orientation. Maybe it allows it sit lower by clearing things better. IDK - just spitballin ideas. I can’t imagine they’d make a design change that would force the tray to sit higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
That's not a Bowhouse tray in the pic... that looks stock. Am I missing something?
Yes that is the OE battery tray in the picture. Perhaps I wasn’t clear. I put the pic up because when I went to fasten it I was surprised at just how high it sits above the chassis rails. I knew guy were ordering low cog trays, but somehow wasn’t prepared for it to be so obvious why. Anyway I ordered the Bowhouse tray, but am still waiting for it. Unfortunately it takes at least 2 weeks for stuff ordered out of the US to reach me here. Unless of course I want to pay $60 to get it here

Last edited by smog; 11-03-2019 at 09:00 AM.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2019, 04:20 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Ahhhh.....confusion solved!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
It’s not widely known, but Shaggy was hired for this job for a couple of rather esteemed reasons, omniscience, omnipotence. It also just so happens he might be omnipresent

Truck needs to be named Omni!

And watch that -30°C. Make plastic awfully brittle. I grew up in Transcona so I know what you're in for.
Tossedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #44
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tossedman View Post
Truck needs to be named Omni!

And watch that -30°C. Make plastic awfully brittle. I grew up in Transcona so I know what you're in for.
Good ‘ol Transcona! Just drove past the rail yards yesterday.

Yep, picking up your rig by the trail bar is typically no-go unless you have a metal bumper. They snap pretty quick. I typically only run crawlers in the winter and haven’t broken too much over the years. It’s too cold to run on rocks because the frozen tires won’t hook up on smooth surfaces, so it’s mostly all trail runs.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #45

Just installed my Traxx yesterday. They're gonna be a great addition for the inevitable snowfall heading this way

Hoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #46
Slow is the new Fast

Have started playing around with Traxxas parts 8080 and 8081, the narrow fender and fender extensions. The Narrow inner fenders are definitely a nice design. Robust at the expense of considering weight would be an appropriate description. I am happy with them. Traxxas 8081, the fender extensions are of a bit of a less obvious reward. They too are heavy. That said it looks like I will be trimming away about 50% of each flap that I use

Here are the flap extensions mounted to the narrow inner fender, both bottom and top views repectively

Here is where you drill out the inner fender 8080 to fit the extenders 8081

Because these extension mount in wheel well of the inner fender, they eat up space for tire compression. Here on the front well they are fine EXCEPT , at full lock and full compression the tire pushes into the extender

My plan is to trim the rubber fender extender(yes, it is rubber) right back or outright remove the front 1/4 of it altogether. All I really need is the extension to cover the rear portion of the front wells where snow and debris can get into the electronics. There is no rubbing or interference in the rear portion of the front wheel wells.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #47
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Funny. When you Google it even the photo is wintertime. Like to hear how our American friends pronounce the name of the pavilion (all in good fun).
Couldn't get link to work. Regardless, I find it hard to imagine the fun in these Trax during summer. For me these are just to make winter a bit more playful. They are something different and Traxxas makes such a solid product so its easily to feel confident that they aren't junk
Old 11-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #48
Slow is the new Fast

There has been much digression on the Yeti Rescue project as of late. Delay on the arrival of the Bowhouse battery tray has put the proverbial devil into idle hands. It is a sight to behold, a sight to be forgotten...

... Finally, after being shuffled across the continent and through international borders low centre of gravity has found it's way into the Devil's latest aquistion, the garage where the Yeti Resucue project resides, where idle hands found their way to distraction .

Thankfully the install went smoothly beacause the Devil's deed is not so easily undone. Shag has fallen upon the fire-water and Jon Snow's Head has taken to a lengthy and self serving interview with the lead applicant's head. The applicant is vying for the esteemed position of onboard navigator. Apparently Jon has moved on from the crushing and murderous breakup conjured by his relationship to the Queen of Dragons.

Old 11-10-2019, 07:34 AM   #49
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
If those mods don't pan out you can call it a fender extender pretender.
perfect!

I will get up a pic. I ended up cutting away 80% of the front pieces
Old 11-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #50
Slow is the new Fast

Old 11-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #51
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Damn good looking truck! But in the words of Serena Ryder, your black and white needs a little bit of red.

Red!? Then I have to watch out for the horns...
Old 11-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I’ve been seeing a lot of Shaggy in this thread smog. Is he going to be your “driver”?
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:46 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I’ve been seeing a lot of Shaggy in this thread smog. Is he going to be your “driver”?
I think Shaggy should be the "navigator"...Scooby should be the driver.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #54
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I think Shaggy should be the "navigator"...Scooby should be the driver.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Shaggy has been the ‘mechanic’ thus far. Not sure he is up for the on board duties as he has been in the sauce lately . As for Scooby, he is nowhere to be found these days(I don’t actually have a Scooby() Snoopy has been hanging around, but his loyalty remains with Charlie. Seriously though, I am working on an simple lexan interior just have to finish it off. I am sticking with a snow/winter oriented theme on this shell
Old 11-11-2019, 06:12 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Shaggy has been the ‘mechanic’ thus far. Not sure he is up for the on board duties as he has been in the sauce lately . As for Scooby, he is nowhere to be found these days(I don’t actually have a Scooby() Snoopy has been hanging around, but his loyalty remains with Charlie. Seriously though, I am working on an simple lexan interior just have to finish it off. I am sticking with a snow/winter oriented theme on this shell
The Capra I'm finishing is also "snow white"....but, it's not Snow White.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #56
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Lucky Winnipeg. Toronto is done for. Snow in November! Call in the army.
Lol, yeah we had a big hit of snow in October but it melted away. We have a light dusting now, but need a good dump. Great pic, looks fun! ....and reminds me, I need to mount up the licence plate
Quote:
The Capra I'm finishing is also "snow white"....but, it's not Snow White.
good winter color
Old 11-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
good winter color
True...but, it's white for an entirely different reason. The Capra does have a theme, but it's not winter...and, it doesn't involve Tyrion, John, Cercei, or Daenerys.

Old 11-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #58
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
True...but, it's white for an entirely different reason. The Capra does have a theme, but it's not winter...and, it doesn't involve Tyrion, John, Cercei, or Daenerys.

...or Snow White, apparently
Old 11-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #59
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Don't all you yanks have couple of these lying around?

https://www.gophersport.com/sports/f...all-handwarmer
That looks like it would do the trick to at least take the edge off. Especially if it were some sort of insulated wind proof material.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #60
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Thing is it has to be big enough to not cramp the tx.
Absolutely. The one in the link you showed may not be wide enough in the middle. Perhaps one day I’ll look into getting a custom one made.Really, you want it to be narrow towards the wrists with a wide spot in the middle Where your hands meet the transmitter

Winter is Coming............again? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COMING SOON the NEW Cross-Rc upgrades coming soon!!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-10-2019 05:38 PM
Winter is coming.... twisted Axial Yeti 14 09-12-2016 03:31 PM
Winter is coming fuglio New Mexico 1 12-15-2015 12:45 PM
Rs coming what do you think TIMBERDOVII Redcat Crawlers 4 05-23-2010 03:55 PM
Its coming! norcallump HPI Wheely King 9 01-23-2010 12:08 AM