RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   Any disadvantage of the G wagon vs the rest of the lineup? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/614191-any-disadvantage-g-wagon-vs-rest-lineup.html)

shingo 12-26-2019 09:00 AM

Any disadvantage of the G wagon vs the rest of the lineup?

I want to buy a TRX4, the choice of body is not that important to me, I like them all except for the tactical.

I looked at the price at my LHS and they are all around 640-650$ CND except for the G wagon which is on sale at 580$ CND.

Is there any drawback to this body style vs the Defender or Blazer

JatoTheRipper 12-26-2019 11:21 AM

Re: Any disadvantage of the G wagon vs the rest of the lineup?

Three new threads in one day. You're not going to gain any friends that way so be mindful of that.

The Defender has a larger wheelbase and is heavier. I'd suggest the Blazer over the Defender just because if you ever want another body your selection is very limited with the Defender wheelbase.

mass-hole 12-26-2019 01:12 PM

Any disadvantage of the G wagon vs the rest of the lineup?

there is a whole section of this forum dedicated to the TRX4. There probably is an answer in here somewhere

aztitan 12-26-2019 01:27 PM

It may just be on sale based on not being popular, or dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aqualungs 12-26-2019 02:05 PM

The Gwagon has the same wheelbase as the Blazer. Unless you really want a Denfender, stay away from its longer wheelbase, and top heaviness, if you want the advantage. Gwagon also has low profile tires, so I imagine it is not as good on the rocks. Same as in real world, the more sidewall and less rim, the better it will play in the rocks. That aside I’ve seen some positive remarks on the Gwagon’s abilities. The new defender colors are pretty sweet too.

shingo 12-26-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqualungs (Post 5985908)
The Gwagon has the same wheelbase as the Blazer. Unless you really want a Denfender, stay away from its longer wheelbase, and top heaviness, if you want the advantage. Gwagon also has low profile tires, so I imagine it is not as good on the rocks. Same as in real world, the more sidewall and less rim, the better it will play in the rocks. That aside I’ve seen some positive remarks on the Gwagon’s abilities. The new defender colors are pretty sweet too.

Thanks a lot, the smaller sidewall is a deal breaker for me. I called a few hobby shop near me to know the boxing day prices. I found a red bronco for 530$ cnd before taxes, that’s 404$ usd, fantastic price for north of the border.

The Blazer looks good also, but it is more than 100$ more around here.

I’m going to buy it tonight.

aqualungs 12-27-2019 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shingo (Post 5985914)
Thanks a lot, the smaller sidewall is a deal breaker for me. I called a few hobby shop near me to know the boxing day prices. I found a red bronco for 530$ cnd before taxes, that’s 404$ usd, fantastic price for north of the border.

The Blazer looks good also, but it is more than 100$ more around here.

I’m going to buy it tonight.

Nice! That’s a great deal. If you like the Gwagon though, you can always add new rims and tires. I myself love the Bronco and Blazer.

UKTRX 12-27-2019 08:25 AM

I have the blue G500 the wife has the black one both have the Fastrax heavy weight wheels with BFG Krawler tyres, this combo makes them very stable indeed, we would not swap them, choice is your's but we also got them at a discount here in the UK.