Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Low Center of Gravity chasis options....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Low Center of Gravity chasis options....

I want to go with an LCG chasis. I like the look and from everything I see...the pros outweigh the cons.

So what options are out there for the TRX4? Seems most are designed for use with the SCX10 II. I have one...but I'd rather use my TRX4 for this project. The one I was looking at is the Brazin All Time Low chasis but it needs a lot of additional parts (maybe they all do) which jacks up the price to more than double. I'm still new to all this with limited knowledge and tools so I'd rather stay away from anything that may require a lot of custom modifications or custom homemade parts.

Also...if you've done this to your TRX4, feel free to post up your thoughts and pics if you have them.

THANKS!
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Low Center of Gravity chasis options....

Nub, I run a Brazin Scale RC "ATL" chassis and it's a work horse. 12.3" wheel base, much lighter, lower, narrower and very rock crawling capable. How much better than stock? I wouldn't know I bought my TRX4 axles on eBay but have never driven a stock TRX4. But I do know how it compares to my other crawlers and it very capable in comparison. It's not inexpensive but not overpriced compaired to its after market competition.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Low Center of Gravity chasis options....

I believe that Green Mountain RC makes a chassis that fits you description. I run their dragqueen and swb chassis and they're top notch.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Low Center of Gravity chasis options.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ToyZuki's Fabrication Low Center of Gravity Motor Mount ToyZuki Axles, Trannys, T-case 282 04-17-2021 08:10 AM
level3 low center of gravity motor mount drkuhar HPI Wheely King 17 02-22-2015 10:55 PM
ToyZuki's Fabrication low center of gravity motor mount ToyZuki Axial SCX-10 9 03-19-2014 07:56 PM
Low Center Of Gravity weston6969 Redcat Crawlers 5 01-23-2010 04:27 PM