Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2020, 06:30 PM   #1

Default Brass

Hi. New Bronco owner. I bought a set of 42g brass portal covers from HR. What is your opinion on the right brass setup, if any brass at all?
RubiconX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2020, 06:19 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Brass

That's a tricky question and there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The basic thing is to use only as much brass as is needed, and no more. How much is needed? It depends. How heavy is the body you are using? Where is your battery mounted? How heavy is your battery? How much preload are you running? What size tires are you running? How many scale accessories do you have hanging off your vehicle and how high are they mounted? There are few basic rules that you can follow though.

1. Remove as much weight as you can from the places where it hurts performance i.e. up high and toward the rear.

2. Before adding weight to the rig see if you can move something to achieve a better balance. One example of this is your Bronco has a place for a small battery back up forward. Try something like a 1500mah shorty pack there instead of a 5000mah in the standard Traxxas battery holder.

3. Use brass down as low as possible. This means something like the Treal portal covers which put most of the weight below the stub axle.

There are a lot of variables. Different tire brands and compounds react to heavier rigs differently. Your foams also make a big difference. If you look at ExocagedRC's videos showing his "superlight" rig it does better than his other rigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rmXpiZJ3ag

Then take a look at the videos from RcCrawler Vlogs' channel and his TRX-4 sport does really well with a lot of weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exA9Tuq_Jhg&t=185s
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Brass

So any choices out there. Remember unsprung weight is your friend. Myself I went with samix brass stuff on mine. But I havent made any runs on it yet. Just working on the body and some other odd and ends before hitting the trail.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote

Brass - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
brass jeeping 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 02-22-2020 01:26 PM
Who needs brass ? Frank211 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 3 07-17-2019 04:18 PM
Hot Racing Brass Knuckles and SSD Brass Weights compatibility saddlesore Axial SCX10 II 5 07-15-2017 04:27 PM
brass ? hotrodsonoma Chit Chat 3 10-19-2014 08:42 AM