Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: LED light kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2020, 02:57 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default LED light kits

I recently got a MyTrickRC LED kit for my new Blazer. Ordered it because the Traxxas one wasnt in stock yet. I installed the MyTrickRC one last weekend and now the Traxxas one is in stock. Anyone have a preference on which is better? Should I keep what I have or order the Traxxas one? Looks like they are both expandable if I want to add more lights in the future.

Brad
monsterbeetleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2020, 05:22 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: LED light kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterbeetleguy View Post
I recently got a MyTrickRC LED kit for my new Blazer. Ordered it because the Traxxas one wasnt in stock yet. I installed the MyTrickRC one last weekend and now the Traxxas one is in stock. Anyone have a preference on which is better? Should I keep what I have or order the Traxxas one? Looks like they are both expandable if I want to add more lights in the future.

Brad
If you got the Dragon setup, it is definitely brighter. The Traxxas one the power is reduced. Whereas the Dragon creates more power. My terms are not quite there this morning sorry lol. Keep the Dragon setup. I have one! I just got a new phone, I'll try to find a pic in the dark.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
aqualungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:59 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Mytrick RC is a much better light kit.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:03 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Cool. Thanks guys. I only asked because somehow I think I plugged something in wrong when plugging in the splitter for the reverse lights. Pretty sure it messed up channel 2 on my receiver. Called Traxxas and luckily they warrantied me a new receiver. I was able to pull the receiver from my Emaxx to get the Blazer up and running thanks to Traxxas Support. To power the dragon I plugged in the power lead to the plug coming off the ESC. Should I use this one or would I be better using MyTrickRC's adapter that goes between the battery and ESC. I ordered it, but with the Covid shutdown I dont know when it will get here. Just dont wanna jack up something else. I havent even got to run this thing other than on my bench.

Brad
Old 03-27-2020, 04:18 AM   #5

Stick with MyTrickRC.
DrewKlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Cool. Thanks guys. I only asked because somehow I think I plugged something in wrong when plugging in the splitter for the reverse lights. Pretty sure it messed up channel 2 on my receiver. Called Traxxas and luckily they warrantied me a new receiver. I was able to pull the receiver from my Emaxx to get the Blazer up and running thanks to Traxxas Support. To power the dragon I plugged in the power lead to the plug coming off the ESC. Should I use this one or would I be better using MyTrickRC's adapter that goes between the battery and ESC. I ordered it, but with the Covid shutdown I dont know when it will get here. Just dont wanna jack up something else. I havent even got to run this thing other than on my bench.

Brad
Are you using Traxxas batteries? If so, I think you'll need the adapter to get power.

I just hooked up my first mytrickrc into my trx, but I'm not using Traxxas batteries, so I can plug directly into the balance port on my battery for power.

As for hooking up to your transmitter, unless your using an extra channel, the red plug goes unused, so disconnect it from the splitter- plug your esc into the splitter and the splitter into your transmitter on channel 2.

You will have to cycle through the modes to get the reverse lights to work properly, at least I did..
Cocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

The lights function fine when plugged into the red plug on the esc just no reverse because I didn’t hook up the splitter on the receiver. Just just unplugged the lights on the dragon controller. I am using traxxas batteries so I ordered another mytrickrc adapter off eBay from a seller that is still shipping. I will figure it out eventually. Then I got the RC4wd winch and wireless controller to sort out next. Thanks for the input guys!

Brad
Old 03-27-2020, 02:23 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
The lights function fine when plugged into the red plug on the esc just no reverse because I didn’t hook up the splitter on the receiver. Just just unplugged the lights on the dragon controller. I am using traxxas batteries so I ordered another mytrickrc adapter off eBay from a seller that is still shipping. I will figure it out eventually. Then I got the RC4wd winch and wireless controller to sort out next. Thanks for the input guys!

Brad
I’m currently getting items from rcmart & Samix out of Hong Kong FASTER than items 2 States away here in the US. I also just received a GPM aluminum front battery tray FROM HONG KONG in less than 2 weeks.

I think people are actually liking this little vacation excuse not to work. If only people truly had good hygiene...
R/C controls YOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:09 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I've been ordering from Amainhobbies. 5 orders in the last few weeks. Some has shipped from NC but the last two came from Cali. I'm glad someone there is still working. I'm still working as our hotel is deemed essential by the governor, but our parking lot says otherwise. But think I'm gonna stop ordering stuff for a while. Still waiting on my new receiver to get here from Traxxas. I hate I robbed a receiver from my Emaxx even though I haven't ran it in months.

LED light kits - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas X0-1 Led Light Kits for any Vehicle.... scottanthony Non Crawler RC's 0 08-26-2012 07:42 PM