Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: My wife's new trx4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default My wife's new trx4

So with all the problems going on in the world, corona virus, kids out of school/doing online school, being isolated, the wife doing graduate school, the wife finally decided to get a new hobby.....mine ugh lol.

For around two years she has came with us to run trucks a few times has liked it alot and says she has fun so she wanted to pick up her own trx4 and wants us to take her out more often. Plus we have a good hill behind us she can play on too.

We hit up the lhs around and she wanted the red defender. They had practically every model of the trx4 in stock. Than she wanted to change the body to a jeep, her decision not mine.

So now I have the duty of painting up the jeep. She also picked out a metallic pink paint, so I'll told her I'll call her project pinky. Than the conversation turned into finding a pink sticker from victorias secret and putting on the back window of the jeep lol.

Other than the jeep body I know shes not interested as of now about performance or anything else, so she claims too. Once I get the body done for her and she runs with us maybe she'll want to make it better. Myself if shes happy with it after the body it probably won't be much of a project truck, time will tell.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2020, 11:01 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My wife's new trx4

Which jeep body did you get? I'm thinking maybe doing a jeep body on mine just for something different. I hate jeeps but I cant stand the defender bodies either. I'd love to do the blazer but it's more than I wanna spend and plus I'm trying to lighten it up up top a little bit by getting rid of the bronco body.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I used the proline #3502-00 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon clear body. I liked the defender body but it is so heavy it makes it hard to do any real good climbs. Plus it has the windows blacked out. It took traxxas a little but of time to figure out that the windows need to be clear, lol. I've got some tamiya polycarbonate cleaner I'm going to sit down one day can make the windows clear.

I like the jeep bodies, looks really great. Everyone has their own opinion on bodies, there's lots of good choices out there. You just have to make it your own.

The clear body worked out pretty good I thought. I painted trx4 this color and really love it.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:45 AM   #4

What is the actual weight difference between the two bodies?
Ross413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #5

That color looks great on the Jeep! I tried painting that color and it looked horrible in person so I don't know what I did wrong.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:21 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I used the proline #3502-00 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon clear body. I liked the defender body but it is so heavy it makes it hard to do any real good climbs. Plus it has the windows blacked out. It took traxxas a little but of time to figure out that the windows need to be clear, lol. I've got some tamiya polycarbonate cleaner I'm going to sit down one day can make the windows clear.

I like the jeep bodies, looks really great. Everyone has their own opinion on bodies, there's lots of good choices out there. You just have to make it your own.

The clear body worked out pretty good I thought. I painted trx4 this color and really love it.

Did you have to modify the inner fenders to make it clear? I ended up just modifying my fenders over the weekend for my 4runner to clear but I just picked up a trx4 for my buddy and he doesn't want to modify. And that color looks sweet!

TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

We made a quick little adventure behind our house up in the hills. We had lots of fun. The wife lived driving her trx4. Shes still got to get the hang if things driving it, lol.

Old 03-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross413 View Post
What is the actual weight difference between the two bodies?
I never did weigh the two bodies. But just picking them up side by side you can tell a different for sure. If I took the rack off of mine it would be a little less. Considering that the defender has the roll cage, roof rack, fenders, tires and other stuff makes it heavy by nature.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:45 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That color looks great on the Jeep! I tried painting that color and it looked horrible in person so I don't know what I did wrong.
I really liked it too even though its twice the price of a regular can of tayima paint. The wife also got the anodized pink for her jeep body. I had no problems using the ps49 tamiya paint. So I wonder what happened to yours.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:47 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIREBUSTER View Post
Did you have to modify the inner fenders to make it clear? I ended up just modifying my fenders over the weekend for my 4runner to clear but I just picked up a trx4 for my buddy and he doesn't want to modify. And that color looks sweet!

Thanks. I love the color too. The body is stock. I didnt have to modify any of it. I'm using 4.75 inch tires on it and no rubbing anywhere.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:36 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Took the family out for a adventure today. The wife had lots of fun and laughs driving today. There were roll overs and some learning to drive. It's funny to watch side by side her defender and my trx4 jeep side by side. Stock sucks and a modified trx4 is just awesome lol. The jeep body is slowly in the process getting cut out for her.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:36 AM   #12

Default My wife's new trx4

I painted a body for my daughter using PS-50 and it turned out awesome. Definitely need to back it with silver or white. I probably used more that I needed too but it had been a while since I painted a body.

Last edited by tmk9883; 04-07-2020 at 07:38 AM.
tmk9883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmk9883 View Post
I painted a body for my daughter using PS-50 and it turned out awesome. Definitely need to back it with silver or white. I probably used more that I needed too but it had been a while since I painted a body.
That's a good looking paint job you gave there. That's the same color the wife picked out was the ps50. Maybe I'll get somewhere on it this coming weekend.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #14

That blue jeep looks great! Post up pics of your wife's final jeep when it's done, and I'm glad she's liking it!

I just received my TRX4 on Monday, the yellow Defender with some lights. It's been a blast, and I collected 5 pallets to use for building some elevated skinnies. My youngest daughter is loving it.

I still have my original TMaxx from 1999 (!!) that has long since been converted to electric, with a metallic green Jeep fastback body, and homemade LED headlights. Having both trucks is fun.
Halfshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:02 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshaft View Post
That blue jeep looks great! Post up pics of your wife's final jeep when it's done, and I'm glad she's liking it!

I just received my TRX4 on Monday, the yellow Defender with some lights. It's been a blast, and I collected 5 pallets to use for building some elevated skinnies. My youngest daughter is loving it.

I still have my original TMaxx from 1999 (!!) that has long since been converted to electric, with a metallic green Jeep fastback body, and homemade LED headlights. Having both trucks is fun.
Thanks. Will do. Hoping to get the painting started this weekend on her jeep. You know you have to have his and her jeeps lol.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:36 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Finally the. wifes jeep body is done. I have not had a lot of time this summer to really work on it. This summer has been a bumper for the family, medical problems and hospital visits and me working 80 work weeks. The wife loves the new body on her truck. I told her the bumpers look butt ugly on it but she didn't care. Maybe later she will lol. I would like to see the back of the body come down more but it hits the rest bumer mount. Might have to get a different one later. Hoping the next weekend we can go for a small run with the trucks.

My wife's new trx4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 Sport body on TRX4 Crawler kit chassisc redpeppers Paint and Body 7 09-14-2019 12:59 AM
Wife's LNC rob5059 Team Losi Comp Crawler 2 06-29-2014 03:30 AM
Wife's TR RallyeX Axial SCX-10 10 01-13-2010 05:44 PM
The Wife's 2.2 is done..... 4RnrRick Tamiya TLT Crawlers 10 05-12-2005 05:52 PM