Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Trx-4 Sport Weight Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2020, 08:09 PM   #1

Default Trx-4 Sport Weight Question

Hello All,

I bought a trx4 sport RTR a couple of months back. I probably should have purchased the kit with all the mods I have done.

One of the mods was this: https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=TRXF100FM01;c=1164

This allowed me to move the serve very far forward. It allowed the have the battery right between the shock mounts and the ESC I believe will fit right behind that.

My intended use is pure rock crawling. I wondering what others think about moving all this weight forward and slightly up as well. Do you think it's better to have that weight low and further back?

I did a little testing today and it seemed ok up and down the rock I have at the house but I promptly shredded my plastic servo horn with the new savvox servo.

As you can see the series very far forward. I have the reviver tray behind that and finally the battery.

What is traditional thought on weight far forward and raised versus further back and lower?

The other advantage this would allow would be to remove the floorboards and sliders to lighten things up a little. Should I level them on? Is there lighterless bulky slider option?
pfray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
crawling arizona

Default Re: Trx-4 Sport Weight Question

I left it mostly stock position on that stuff and altered mine for the weight to be lower ( metal diff housings, brass bits alum wheels ) with the electronics causing a slight forward bias , seems to plant it better . Not top heavy on side hills, not nose heavy or tail light on steep stuff and at 9 pounds good tires and patience will hook one of those lugs for that wicked accent ! .
Doing this for 11 years and crawling AZ 1:1 dam near all my life this sport is always evolving the fun part is trying it all and finding what works best for your preference in how you crawl your rigs .

So for my opinion. . Try it . . Then change it . . And on and on 🤘😎
Attached Images

desertrat55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Trx-4 Sport Weight Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Sport Roof Light Bar Question Up'n'Over Traxxas TRX-4 0 05-05-2019 01:10 AM
TRX-4 Sport Servo upgrade question: endpoints OKmon Newbie General 5 01-18-2019 10:18 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport part 2! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 08-03-2018 06:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 07-23-2018 07:19 AM