Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Trx4 bearings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2020, 12:56 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Trx4 bearings

Anybody know a good place to order some axle bearings for a decent price and shipped quick in Canada? The good deals look like 30 days plus for shipping , my local hobby stores here in Calgary are useless, i cant even believe they stay in business.

Thanks
83trekker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Trx4 bearings

Fast Eddie bearings is my go to bearing supplier. Their web site says they will ship same day.

https://www.fasteddybearings.com/

Last edited by Inspector86; 05-25-2020 at 07:33 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:11 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

thanks ill check them out
Old 05-24-2020, 12:04 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Fast Eddy here as well. I actually ordered some if their bearings for my mountain bike suspension pivots recently and had them in like 3 days.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:18 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Fast Eddy is pretty expensive once you add shipping and international handling. It’s nice that they give you all the sizes you need, without having to order extra. The bearings themselves are nothing special from what I’ve heard. You may wish to check behind the seals to ensure they actually have grease in them.

However, I tried to cheap out, and just ordered a couple 10 packs, as I only needed 2 sizes in the short term for my Arrma. I ordered off of Amazon.ca back at the start of April, and I’m still waiting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:19 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I've always had good luck with Avid bearings. Can't say whether or not they ship to Canada.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Can i just pull he rubber off some how on stock bearings and regrease?
Old 05-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83trekker83 View Post
Can i just pull he rubber off some how on stock bearings and regrease?

Absolutely. Use an exacto knife or similar tool to gently pop the rubber seals out.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Absolutely. Use an exacto knife or similar tool to gently pop the rubber seals out.

cool ! i just lost my job after 22 years ,so i am trying to do everything on the utmost cheap!! Thank you so much
Old 05-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Default Trx4 bearings

Quote:
cool ! i just lost my job after 22 years ,so i am trying to do everything on the utmost cheap!! Thank you so much

Best of luck finding new employment.

There are plenty of how-to service rubber sealed bearings videos on YouTube if you need more guidance. Some people have strong opinions on what oil or grease to use, but freshly cleaned and lubed with anything is better than dry, or dirty IMO.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:08 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Best of luck finding new employment.

There are plenty of how-to service rubber sealed bearings videos on YouTube if you need more guidance. Some people have strong opinions on what oil or grease to use, but freshly cleaned and lubed with anything is better than dry, or dirty IMO.

Thanks bud! And i have to say 2020 is so far the worst year of my life, cant wait till its over
Old 05-24-2020, 06:14 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks bud! And i have to say 2020 is so far the worst year of my life, cant wait till its over

2020’s pandemic has affected everyone in one way or another. There are far more losers than winners for sure.

My wife and I said if we can get through 2020 alive, with our relatives all alive, and our house not getting repossessed, we will have done well for the year. We’re setting our expectations low.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:41 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
2020’s pandemic has affected everyone in one way or another. There are far more losers than winners for sure.

My wife and I said if we can get through 2020 alive, with our relatives all alive, and our house not getting repossessed, we will have done well for the year. We’re setting our expectations low.

Yes !! Just have to keep my house one way or another
Old 05-25-2020, 07:39 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Just so you know, rkj is one of the finest youngsters I've met trailing. His empathy surprises me not.

Dang, what kind words! I've never considered empathy one of my strong suits, but my wife of 4 years is a champion of empathy, and has been helping me with that.

For what it's worth, I'd put Mr. Hobbyjumper in the category of "good people" as well.

I feel the need to steer this one back on topic, towards bearings, so here's the equation for calculating bearing life:

“Rating life” is the bearing life calculated for 90% reliability. This is the amount of time that a group of apparently identical bearings will complete or exceed before the formation of a fatigue spall. The basic formula for calculating bearing L10 rating life is:

Life adjustment factors allow the original equipment manufacturer to better predict the actual service lives and reliability of bearings that you select and install in your equipment. An adjusted calculated L10 rating life is calculated by using the following formula:
Lna = a1 x a2 x a3 x L10
where:
  • Lna = adjusted rating life
  • a1 = life adjustment factor for reliability
  • a2 = life adjustment factor for special bearing properties, such as material
  • a3 = life adjustment factor for operating conditions, lubrication, cleanliness, etc.
  • Life adjustment factors, a1, a2 and a3, can theoretically be greater or less than 1.0, depending on their evaluation.
The key for crawlers is a3, operating conditions. In short, bearings last longer in a lab than in an RC crawling through a swamp!

Last edited by rkj__; 05-25-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:18 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

side note i have the brass out axle parts where the gears and bearings are, on one of my brass pieces the smallest bearing is in on the top of it, but i cannot get it out with out gouging the brass, any ideas?
Old 05-25-2020, 06:35 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
side note i have the brass out axle parts where the gears and bearings are, on one of my brass pieces the smallest bearing is in on the top of it, but i cannot get it out with out gouging the brass, any ideas?

Can you share a picture of what you are talking about? Is the bearing still intact, or is it blown apart with just the outter race stuck?

Old 05-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Can you share a picture of what you are talking about? Is the bearing still intact, or is it blown apart with just the outter race stuck?

I dont have a pic but the little bearing is just sitting in its race in the outer axle brass piece, its still all there, i have taken needle nose and pulled hard and it wont come outl. I am soaking it right now.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:44 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

I sometimes use a socket and hammer to drive out bearings.

Trx4 bearings - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 or TRX4 Sport Kit? Help please. m4inbrain Traxxas Crawlers 13 09-01-2021 07:47 AM
TRX4 Sport body on TRX4 Crawler kit chassisc redpeppers Paint and Body 7 09-14-2019 12:59 AM