Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: My first Traxxas vehicle in a very long time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2020, 12:16 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My first Traxxas vehicle in a very long time

After hearing about the sport, I decided to add one to my fleet of crawlers. I’ve mostly built axials and my latest SSD trail king but this one is not only my first Traxxas crawler but it’s my first portal crawler. What you see here is the basic unassembled kit which is where I like to start most of my new vehicles if I’m not buying used. I’m going with the two in one brushed spektrum ESC/RX, figured I’d give it a try on this vehicle and see how I like it . I will be powering a 20t hackmoto motor With a 3S spekteum smart battery and steering powered by a ruddog 25kg servo, also a departure from my typical Savox or Hitec equipped crawlers. I’m not necessarily saying this is a budget build but budget is a concern so here we go . I started a build session last night and finished with a transmission and two axles as you see here in the photo. This truck will most likely be used as a trail track and although I have selected waterproof components, it probably won’t receive much more than a splash or two. In regard to the portals, are there any issues with wheel selection in case I decide to run an aftermarket set? I’m going to just build this pretty much box stock for now and then maybe do some upgrades later as need be. If you’ve got recommendations or ideas, I’m all ears. I’ve been reading as much as I can about this crawler to make it perform well
evlwevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2020, 07:25 AM   #2

Default Re: My first Traxxas vehicle in a very long time

Congrats on the TRX-4. I think you'll love the build and most likely the finish truck as well.

I'm very curious to see how you like the ESC/RX unit. Does it have drag brake? The servo is interesting as well. I don't have any experience with that brand.

I haven't had problems fitting any wheel to these portals, but it's a good question. I've tried GCM and SSD steelies and Assassins.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:45 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks. This is my first experience with the 2 n 1 . According to the manual, it defaults at 70% drag brake but can be set to 100%, but has many programmable features. I need to see if I can use a hobbywing programming card or if I must use the dynamite card. The servo is some sort of euro manufactured unit. There will be a few new discoveries with this build for sure.

Last edited by evlwevl; 06-17-2020 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:47 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlwevl View Post
Thanks. This is my first experience with the 2 n 1 . According to the manual, it is set at 100% drag brake default, but has many programmable features. I need to see if I can use a hobbywing programming card or if I must use the dynamite card. The servo is some sort of euro manufactured unit. There will be a few new discoveries with this build for sure.

Ive been using ruddog receivers for the past few months with a mt44 and have had no issues at all. They are actually easier to use than the ones that sanwa makes because the rd plugs fit a lot easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:24 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Almost finished. I’m going to try to design some vinyl decals to give it a 1980 Toyota SR5 tribute look
Trx4

Last edited by evlwevl; 06-17-2020 at 01:21 AM.

My first Traxxas vehicle in a very long time - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just introducing myself. Long time racer, first time crawler. Hinecken Newbie General 15 01-17-2015 05:19 AM
Long time lurker, first time posting Nvghostrider Axial SCX-10 51 07-02-2013 03:40 PM
Long time reader, First time poster overclokedguru General Crawlers 5 09-21-2006 11:25 PM
Long time reader, first time poster monkey boy General Crawlers 9 01-08-2006 06:56 PM