Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: '68 Ford Shortbed build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2020, 06:57 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: '68 Ford Shortbed build

We had a couple of nice days last week, so I got some color shot in Shorty. I still need to tweak some things and figure out how I want to mount it, and add a few more details.

I used up most of the Spaz Stix chameleon paint leftover from the Bronco's flames, so it goes thru the green/purple/teal and lots of colors in between.

Shot some chrome in the side trim and window frames too.

The light and the angle really effects what color you see.

Of course the colors will pop more in the sunlight. I like it so far.

Thanks for lookin'. Tune in to our next episode ..... "Stick it where the sun don't shine." or "That good ol' (body) mountin' do!"

jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2020, 07:35 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Are you kidding me? That's outta bounds! That paint looks great from all angles and you know I already love that body lol. Chrome slotted mags would just look insanely awesome on there but those wheels look fine too... Just a fantastic job all the way.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #23
Gold Star Baby!

Very cool! I like that body a lot, and the trim. Garage is looking good too

Last edited by Topher Builds; 10-24-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:40 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Are you kidding me? That's outta bounds! That paint looks great from all angles and you know I already love that body lol. Chrome slotted mags would just look insanely awesome on there but those wheels look fine too... Just a fantastic job all the way.
Thank you, Sir. I didn't want to spend the time "using" a paint job like your buddy's blue Ford (Hats Off!! ), and I'm tryin' to use up some leftovers on this build, so I just did a quick mask-off and air-brushed it with what I had. But I LIKE it too. I KNOW! I'm itchin' to let her try on the Bronco's dancin' shoes, but when I do, I'll prolly have to tell Santy Clause that I want a new set of Gear Heads for Xmas.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Very cool! I like that body a lot, and the trim. Garage is looking good too
Thanks bud'. I've had a short-bed Ford fetish for years now. Funny thing .... the factory window-mask was so old that when I peeled it, it left glue residue all over all of the windows. Then when I scrubbed it back out I ended up wiping out some of the chrome! Oh well, it's kind of a throw-together build anyway.
I've been piecing the garage together thru the summer. Some of the things I've had for years and others I've picked up recently. Thanks for the kudos. It gets almost as crazy cluttered as my 1:1 garage sometimes, but it's a LOT easier to clean up!

Still much to be done. Thanks again! Tune in next time.

jim
Old 10-26-2020, 07:28 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

That turned out awesome!

Excellent job!

I love the short body. Great look.

The paint is crazy! I originally missed the part about it changing in light. I saw the picture of the green (which I love!) then the next purple one. Had me scratching my head for a second. Lol

The garage is cool! I dig the herby Kirby in the corner and the vintage coke machine.

Again, fantastic job!
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:45 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
That turned out awesome!

Excellent job!

I love the short body. Great look.

The paint is crazy! I originally missed the part about it changing in light. I saw the picture of the green (which I love!) then the next purple one. Had me scratching my head for a second. Lol

The garage is cool! I dig the herby Kirby in the corner and the vintage coke machine.

Again, fantastic job!
Thank you, Sir. I've got to get the body mounted up, so it'll probably sit just a little higher. I need to raise the sliders a bit too. I plan to make some bumpers out of aluminum, just need to decide on tube style or flat.
Yeah, I used the paint on my Bronco's flames and it goes thru LOTS of colors as the light and angle change. It's fun!
The garage is slowly gettin' dressed up. More to come.
My sister was a maniac Coke collector. The pop machine is a tin that was the right size, so it's kind of a tribute to her. She would be thrilled to see it there. There's a bottle of Coke in the toolbox too.

Thanks again .... tune in next time.

jim

Tags
ford, ford f100, trx-4

'68 Ford Shortbed build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1991 2 door shortbed Cummins Dually. SCALER14 1:1 Full Size Vehicles 2 08-23-2014 01:39 PM
D-90 shortbed (1.9 p-up buildoff) hairba11 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 10-28-2011 12:47 PM
Hilux - True Shortbed nickvig Paint and Body 1 10-31-2010 02:30 PM
Hi Lift Basher now shortbed with new pics added 10-22-06 kris 2.2 Scale Rigs 31 04-16-2008 11:28 AM
K5 Shortbed build crawler_king 1.9 Scale Rigs 88 02-10-2008 11:18 AM