Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: 1mm or 2mm Hub adapter offsets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 1mm or 2mm Hub adapter offsets

Is anyone aware of someone that sells 1mm or 2mm hub offsets? I have 3mm but I'd like to go in a little more. I don't want to use shims if I don't have to.

Thanks..........
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 1mm or 2mm Hub adapter offsets

You may just have to make some I haven’t seen any smaller than 6mm.

Just curious, why do you want smaller than 3mm? I was thinking about getting the 12mm ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:12 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I got a new set of steelis that I installed on the modified stock Canyon tires. The rim offset is different than the other wheels I have and the lug screws stick out on the back a little and interfere with portal covers. I only need a slight bit to get them to clear. I don't want to trim the wheel lug screws as they're scale hexes and are short the way it is as far as assembly. Plus with the 3mm, I can't get the stock nut on far enough to catch the locking part of the nut.

Also, the further away you are from the pivot point, the more stress you put on the servo, plus more chance of rubbing on the body at full lock. Narrowing does effect side hilling so I get that. So it's a trade off. I may just get a set of 3mm and find a friend with a metal lathe and ask for a favor.

I"m not against shims but I fear I'll forget they're there and loose them every time I remove the wheel. Maybe I'll paint them florescent yellow. LOL
Old 09-14-2020, 04:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
I got a new set of steelis that I installed on the modified stock Canyon tires. The rim offset is different than the other wheels I have and the lug screws stick out on the back a little and interfere with portal covers. I only need a slight bit to get them to clear. I don't want to trim the wheel lug screws as they're scale hexes and are short the way it is as far as assembly. Plus with the 3mm, I can't get the stock nut on far enough to catch the locking part of the nut.

Also, the further away you are from the pivot point, the more stress you put on the servo, plus more chance of rubbing on the body at full lock. Narrowing does effect side hilling so I get that. So it's a trade off. I may just get a set of 3mm and find a friend with a metal lathe and ask for a favor.

I"m not against shims but I fear I'll forget they're there and loose them every time I remove the wheel. Maybe I'll paint them florescent yellow. LOL

Ohh ok, I understand. The first axle design for my trailer was similar (ish) to what you need(I think) . I used a big nut that I put in the wheel hex to try to act as a stopper(didn’t work because obviously it’s too big to fit onto the axle thread What if you got a nut that can fit into the hex of the tire like this but was small enough to thread onto the axle? It may work, I’ve never tried it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:32 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I know you said you'd like to avoid shims, but Team Garage Hack sells track width spacers in 1mm increments. They are brass, so not that easy to miss when you pull the wheel. This is what I used to get the tiny bit of additional clearance needed on my SSD Portal axled rig:

https://www.teamgaragehack.com/colle...-width-spacers
boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:23 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfin View Post
I know you said you'd like to avoid shims, but Team Garage Hack sells track width spacers in 1mm increments. They are brass, so not that easy to miss when you pull the wheel. This is what I used to get the tiny bit of additional clearance needed on my SSD Portal axled rig:

https://www.teamgaragehack.com/colle...-width-spacers
Wow, that works! I'm going to grab a few packs.

Thanks!

Last edited by OnTheTrail; 09-14-2020 at 10:27 PM.

1mm or 2mm Hub adapter offsets - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motor shaft to driveshaft adapter (3.2mm to 5mm) JoeThePro Newbie General 8 02-19-2017 10:02 AM
Hub adapter options Farabomb Axial Wraith 3 04-05-2016 07:34 AM
12MM Hex Hub Adapter jmizoguchi Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 11-26-2007 03:13 AM
TXT hub to Maxx wheel adapter? BARK Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 2 05-06-2004 11:11 PM