Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4
Loading

Notices

Thread: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2020, 09:47 PM   #41
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 1,549
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Final Mods #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
send me a pic of the plates mounted on your rig when you get them.... BUZZZZZ.......

Will do


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #42
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 629
Default RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
I love VRP products and on the honey grease I supposed you could try using to on the portals and inside the differentials I use it on my Pinion and spur both are steel the Spur is Hot racing 54 tooth stock and the pinion is a 10 tooth Robinson racing.....

54t spur? Iíve never seen that! What holes are you using to set the mesh?

I had the steel HR 45t spur and 9t Robinson pinion. Worked good but she was loud. Never thought to grease them though. Wonder if that would of quieted it down.

I switched back to the stock 45t spur and it was quieter.

ETA- another question Iíve had for a bit and I most likely missed your discussion on it.

The recovery strap.

So the way you have it setup now, do you just use it as a tow/jerk strap or pull yourself out backwards?

Or is that just how you carry it and clip onto the front bumper when you need it for forward use.

They are handy.

Last edited by Benp; 11-09-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Benp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:43 PM   #43
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: In The HIVE
Posts: 424
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
54t spur? Iíve never seen that! What holes are you using to set the mesh?

I had the steel HR 45t spur and 9t Robinson pinion. Worked good but she was loud. Never thought to grease them though. Wonder if that would of quieted it down.

I switched back to the stock 45t spur and it was quieter.

ETA- another question Iíve had for a bit and I most likely missed your discussion on it.

The recovery strap.

So the way you have it setup now, do you just use it as a tow/jerk strap or pull yourself out backwards?

Or is that just how you carry it and clip onto the front bumper when you need it for forward use.

They are handy.

My typo mistake its the 45 tooth Hot Racing STRXF45M08 45t 32p Steel Spur Gear Traxxas Trx-4 and im using a 10 t pinion...

sorry for the wrong Buzzz..... Buzzzzzz
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:48 PM   #44
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: In The HIVE
Posts: 424
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

actually the DSM Tow Hook I use to hold the body cab down though soon im modifying the cab to clip on the chassis and the tow hook will still either coiled up on the links or over the body they are great for towing and wincing but also for holding rig bodies down!!!! But I can tow pretty easy!!!


and yes the noise on the Spur gear its a little noisier with the metal but the honey grease quiets it down significantly but im going to test out the plastic and do a comparison but I felt I was a little stronger with the steel spur......
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:33 AM   #45
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 629
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
actually the DSM Tow Hook I use to hold the body cab down though soon im modifying the cab to clip on the chassis and the tow hook will still either coiled up on the links or over the body they are great for towing and wincing but also for holding rig bodies down!!!! But I can tow pretty easy!!!


and yes the noise on the Spur gear its a little noisier with the metal but the honey grease quiets it down significantly but im going to test out the plastic and do a comparison but I felt I was a little stronger with the steel spur......

Ok. Makes sense. I was wondering about being a hood tie down as well.

I hear you on the steel spur gear ďfeelingĒ stronger.

I may swap that back in during my winter down time and lube it up like you did.

I take it the honey grease is rather thick and clingy. Thatís the only thing I donít like about the Mobil 1 grease, it just seems to dissipate so quick and just leave a film.

Iíll have to check out the honey grease.

Keep up the good work! I enjoy this thread and your enthusiasm!!
Benp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:57 AM   #46
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 1,549
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Ok. Makes sense. I was wondering about being a hood tie down as well.

I hear you on the steel spur gear ďfeelingĒ stronger.

I may swap that back in during my winter down time and lube it up like you did.

I take it the honey grease is rather thick and clingy. Thatís the only thing I donít like about the Mobil 1 grease, it just seems to dissipate so quick and just leave a film.

Iíll have to check out the honey grease.

Keep up the good work! I enjoy this thread and your enthusiasm!!

Yes. Honey grease is super sticky. I have some, and I really like it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:33 PM   #47
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 629
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Iíve got a jar on its way
Benp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #48
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: In The HIVE
Posts: 424
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Iíve got a jar on its way
its real sticky stuff I like that I reduces noise and friction and does not fly off the spur gear.......
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:44 PM   #49
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 1,549
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Iíve got a jar on its way

You wonít regret it!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:41 PM   #50
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: In The HIVE
Posts: 424
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Finished But Not Done !UPDATE BUZZZZZ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
ok here is the final product running the new gears in the back and the alloy axles and it runs smooth but it is now too heavy!!!!! you can never win !!!! but you can try again and I think ill win eventually so im pretty sure in my case its a simple solution remove the brass differential cover and the should let the weight distribute evenly to the axles and wheels still having more weight in the front than in the back!!!!! Buzzzzz........ Buzzzz.........
SO UPDATE..........on the Honey Comp Rig not handling less than perfect I thought it was the weight but the Rig actually weighs 7.6 pounds I was the new Traxxas 8062 and 8061 Axle Shaft Front and rear Heavy Duty Portal Drive Input Gear that I installed front and back I noticed a little in the front when I installed them a couple weeks back but with both installed front and rear its slipping and just not grabbing on at all very strange but I noticed when I installed them on the portal gears and sealed the case and turned the portal drive stub axle and there was a lot of play on the shaft more than normal and when I turned the portal drive shaft it wobbled so that's was strange and concerning so im going back to the hardened steel gears and hot racing steel shafts front and rear I have no idea why I would think I was going to get better than what I had!!!!
grass is not always greener it just looks
greener!!!!! BUZZZZZZZ......

Hot Racing Steel Axle Shafts I pair them with KYX Traxxas TRX-4 Hardened Steel Front Portal Drive Input Gears

WEb Links
front axle shafts
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=STRXF12SFG;c=1164

rear axle shafts
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=STRXF12SR;c=1164
Attached Images
   
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:43 PM   #51
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 629
Default RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Regarding stub axle play.....

Look at your hex pins. Not all of them go through to the other side and secure.

Brand new I swapped out stock hexes for brass ones and reused stock pins.

A 3 months later (maybe....something like that) I noticed some bad play with the stub shaft.

Tore everything apart and noticed some ďoddĒ oblonging of the hex pin holes in the stub shafts.

At first I thought the hex pins had broke on the non threaded end because they were not all the way into the hole in the stub. Only one side was secured.

Ordered up new hexes/pins and some vanquish trx4 stubs.

The new pins are on the right.



The new pins go into the other side of the stub so it is supported on both sides. The stock did not.

Tightened everything up pretty good. Very minimal play.

Something to check out/consider.

ETA - I saw both your post about the slipping and Iíll put my thoughts here.

Are your portal gears stock traxxas or aftermarket.

Iím thinking if they are aftermarket, they may not be meshing well with the traxxas upgraded axles.

If the portal gears are traxxas then something is not right with the upgraded axles.

Iíd put back in what works now for the moment and investigate when you have the time.

Just spitballing here.

Good luck. Iíve run into issues as well were my ideas donít plan out. A lot actually.

Part of the fun.

Last edited by Benp; 11-11-2020 at 05:47 AM.
Benp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:54 PM   #52
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: In The HIVE
Posts: 424
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Regarding stub axle play.....

Look at your hex pins. Not all of them go through to the other side and secure.

Brand new I swapped out stock hexes for brass ones and reused stock pins.

A 3 months later (maybe....something like that) I noticed some bad play with the stub shaft.

Tore everything apart and noticed some ďoddĒ oblonging of the hex pin holes in the stub shafts.

At first I thought the hex pins had broke on the non threaded end because they were not all the way into the hole in the stub. Only one side was secured.

Ordered up new hexes/pins and some vanquish trx4 stubs.

The new pins are on the right.



The new pins go into the other side of the stub so it is supported on both sides. The stock did not.

Tightened everything up pretty good. Very minimal play.

Something to check out/consider.

ETA - I saw both your post about the slipping and Iíll put my thoughts here.

Are your portal gears stock traxxas or aftermarket.

Iím thinking if they are aftermarket, they may not be meshing well with the traxxas upgraded axles.

If the portal gears are traxxas then something is not right with the upgraded axles.

Iíd put back in what works now for the moment and investigate when you have the time.

Just spitballing here.

Good luck. Iíve run into issues as well were my ideas donít plan out. A lot actually.

Part of the fun.

Awesome man yes I think your right the front portal gears are aftermarket Yeah Racing See pic but the problem wasn't visible when I did the front only when I did the rear and the rear gears are Traxxas stock portal gears so ill post pics of what I got other now im a stoner and I bet you I missed or messed something!! BUZZZZ........

and my stub axles are great everything looks nice and clean and smooth it those Traxxas gears!!!! im going to open them back up and post some pics....

also the shafts wobbled so bad when I turned the stub axle it made the casing on the portal hard to hold...... I know the back is the main problem I have....
im going to also tape the tires and check the overdrive gear in the front.....

front has the over drive and both front and rear have Traxxas 8061 and 8062 shafts and gears..... BUZZZZZZZ.......
Attached Images
    
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 01:46 PM   #53
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 629
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Nice!!

Hope itís an easy find and fix.

I want to say the total front overdrive with the over and under is 22-25%. Something like that.

I had both in mine for a while and wasnít too keen on it. It seemed to work better with the lower front overdrive of one or the other.

That being said Iím going to revisit that as my new to me Gspeed has 32-35% front overdrive and I like it a lot.

Always something to tinker with.

Plus taking those ring gears off is a good challenge for your 1.5mm drivers.
Benp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 11:32 AM   #54
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: In The HIVE
Posts: 424
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Nice!!

Hope itís an easy find and fix.

I want to say the total front overdrive with the over and under is 22-25%. Something like that.

I had both in mine for a while and wasnít too keen on it. It seemed to work better with the lower front overdrive of one or the other.

That being said Iím going to revisit that as my new to me Gspeed has 32-35% front overdrive and I like it a lot.

Always something to tinker with.

Plus taking those ring gears off is a good challenge for your 1.5mm drivers.

I love the Hot Racing overdrive its not too much the problem really was visible when I installed the rear shafts as the differential was smooth and locking and unlocking flwalessly!!! im gonna run her on the rocks today and get some footage and fix her up this weekend..... BUZZZZZ..... BUZZZZZ....
Attached Images
 
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:40 PM   #55
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: In The HIVE
Posts: 424
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Body #3 CoMB Crawler

im making in this post Half Cab body#3 of 4 half cab bodies im making for this rig and a TRX4 sister rig with 4 wheel steering This one is the Ford F250 from Proline Nice body as usual I already ****ed something up and made the Body post holes too close to the rise on the hood and the pins will not fit!!!!! so anyway everything else looks good and I already have installed the back mini bumper to the cab body I tried the larger but wanted a smaller look and I had this Samix part I never used for shocks and it fit pretty good and now im fitting the Rack and light bar from Gearhead RC... a couple pics of the Cab Bodies and The Basement Hive Bench and SHop. BUZZZZZ.......
Attached Images
                      
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:02 AM   #56
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 1,549
Default RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Oooo!! I love the proline F250 body, glad to see you using it! That lightbar/slim rack will look great!

Nice workspace wish I could stay that organized lmao


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:39 AM   #57
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: In The HIVE
Posts: 424
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Oooo!! I love the proline F250 body, glad to see you using it! That lightbar/slim rack will look great!

Nice workspace wish I could stay that organized lmao


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Man... Buzzz Buzzzz....

looking forward to seeing it painted still thinking if im going to to do a 2 tone or 3 tone but im going to start taping it up soon!!!!

the workspace is getting better but for living with my parents right now its great space to work late..... BUZZZZZZ......
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:51 AM   #58
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 629
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Nice!!!

I like it! I dig your collection of cabs hanging.
Benp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:29 AM   #59
Gold Star Baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: In The HIVE
Posts: 424
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by benp View Post
nice!!!

I like it! I dig your collection of cabs hanging.
hopefully ther will be 4 hanging before the end of the year !!!!!! Buzzzzzz..........
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #60
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 1,549
Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Thanks Man... Buzzz Buzzzz....

looking forward to seeing it painted still thinking if im going to to do a 2 tone or 3 tone but im going to start taping it up soon!!!!

the workspace is getting better but for living with my parents right now its great space to work late..... BUZZZZZZ......

I personally would do one of these. I have always loved the King Ranch two tones. But I think these would look better as a scale truck, not a crawler.





Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comp crawler, honey rig, hot racing, trx4



RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Maiden Voyage Honeyman108 Traxxas TRX-4 3 10-28-2020 09:20 PM
Full Drop Bed TRX-4 Bronco Project Build 55ovalcharlie Traxxas TRX-4 42 11-26-2018 03:53 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale Crawler Full Review and Test Drive! driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 1 05-23-2017 06:32 PM
Pics of my Full Mod Crawler thorn4run General Crawlers 28 01-30-2007 06:19 PM
TXT Crawler.... Stone Cold Crawler... Full Tube Scale build RockSpyder Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 6 12-14-2004 09:40 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com