RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/621768-rcbee-trx-4-honey-comp-crawler-build-full-mod.html)

Honeyman108 02-03-2021 12:48 PM

Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benp (Post 6066842)
Cool!! Lotsa goodies to go in. [emoji106]

I’ve been curious out the Locked up spool.

I’m definitely looking into the DSM systems this year for both of my rigs.

My GSpeed came with some DSM snatch straps and I like them. A more permanent mounting than the snatch straps would be sweet.

BUZZZ BENP!!!

Im excited I really went overboard on options for this rig but with a clear vision ill be posting pics today and every couple days and would love your feedback!!!

Honeyman108 02-03-2021 02:46 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here is the Stripped Rig down to the bones!!!

the upgrades on the install FUNNNN..... BUZZZZZ......

Benp 02-03-2021 05:25 PM

Nice!

Levi 02-06-2021 03:16 PM

Very nice build honeyman. Everything looks every nice and neat. So many goodies to drool over. I've got to sit down and watch the videos still.

Honeyman108 02-13-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi (Post 6067435)
Very nice build honeyman. Everything looks every nice and neat. So many goodies to drool over. I've got to sit down and watch the videos still.

Hey Man thanks for the Kudos!!! Im actually starting this overhaul this weekend and hope to post something by tomorrow andim excited as it took me a year to amass all those cool parts for this overhaul TRX4 Honey Comp Crawler.... So lets see.... BUZZZ.......

Honeyman108 02-13-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeyman108 (Post 6068587)
Hey Man thanks for the Kudos!!! Im actually starting this overhaul this weekend and hope to post something by tomorrow andim excited as it took me a year to amass all those cool parts for this overhaul TRX4 Honey Comp Crawler.... So lets see.... BUZZZ.......

here is. link to my SCX10 iii Honeywagon I am posting the fully done up rig today..... BUZZZZZ......

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...ler-build.html

trig n tahoe 02-14-2021 09:38 PM

awesome build, excited to see the recovery rig. the f250 will be real nice

Honeyman108 02-17-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trig n tahoe (Post 6068858)
awesome build, excited to see the recovery rig. the f250 will be real nice

Hey TRIG im starting the build today so ill post something later today and im trying to make the body work I messed up the post holes due to not noticing the down groove of the hood on the body shell but I think I can come up with something as I have some time before I have proper outside temp to paint the rig.... BUZZZZ......

cutlaSS 02-17-2021 05:08 PM

Not sure if it was already mentioned but you need to get you some poly carbonate specific paint. Regular and isn't flexible, that is why it flaked off.

Honeyman108 02-17-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutlaSS (Post 6069375)
Not sure if it was already mentioned but you need to get you some poly carbonate specific paint. Regular and isn't flexible, that is why it flaked off.

I agree I used some Krylon for that body and it flaked so got a bunch of Spaz Stix paint which I have used before with no flaking but any suggestions let me know??? Got a lot of bodies and parts to paint this spring!

Nice to meet you CUTLASS.... RC Bee. BUZZZ......

DrIsotope 02-17-2021 08:01 PM

Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric Coating works as well or better than polycarbonate-specific paints. I've never had it chip or flake ever, and I use it exclusively on my basher bodies.

Upsides: it's $8 for an 11oz can, while Tamiya is usually $8 for a 3oz can. You can get it at pretty much any autoparts store.
Downside: it only comes in 11 colors.

But if you're looking to go with basic colors (like... the colors car interiors come in: black, white, tan, blue, red, charcoal, etc) you can't go wrong.

Honeyman108 02-18-2021 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrIsotope (Post 6069402)
Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric Coating works as well or better than polycarbonate-specific paints. I've never had it chip or flake ever, and I use it exclusively on my basher bodies.

Upsides: it's $8 for an 11oz can, while Tamiya is usually $8 for a 3oz can. You can get it at pretty much any autoparts store.

But if you're looking to go with basic colors (like... the colors car interiors come in: black, white, tan, blue, red, charcoal, etc) you can't go wrong.

Awesome I will check them out and yes RC paint is expensive the Spaz Stix will cover one Rig body and also works great not flaking or chipping but 8$ to 10$ a for a small can!! BUZZZZZ........

cutlaSS 02-18-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrIsotope (Post 6069402)

Good tip. I just so happen to have some tan left over

As far as prep I wash with warm soapy water and air dry. after masking I scuff the body with a red 3mM pad then wipe it down with alcohol on a lint free rag.

Honeyman108 02-18-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutlaSS (Post 6069474)
Good tip. I just so happen to have some tan left over

As far as prep I wash with warm soapy water and air dry. after masking I scuff the body with a red 3mM pad then wipe it down with alcohol on a lint free rag.

Aloha Good prep painting tips Man Thanks! BUZZZZZ....

Honeyman108 02-26-2021 04:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Finally Started to work full on this Rig and its moving slow but progressing alas! Here are the electronics:

Holmes Hobbies (Magnum 540 Motor and BR-XL ESC)

Castle BEC 1.0 (for 2 servos Reefs 99 winch and 444 smart winch)

Apex RC Products RC Remote Electronic AUX Channel On/Off Switch #9025 (for my light control or accessory on channel 3 on y flysky gt5)

BUZZZZZ.....

Honeyman108 02-26-2021 09:26 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Got the electronics (motor esc servos) and Samix shock towers and bumpers on the chassis!!

Tomorrow Axles and shocks....

BUZZZZ......

Honeyman108 02-27-2021 01:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Finishing off the electronics everything works great the servos the motor lights but 99 micro reefs servo pain in the ass but got it figured out and it works great and the end point adjustments have it dialed in perfect on my flysky gt5....BUZZZ....

Honeyman108 02-27-2021 05:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Now working the axles putting the locked up rc lockers a little tight on th fitting but should break in good!!!

Benp 02-28-2021 03:49 AM

Looks good!

LURC does state that their spool does require fitment to the axles. It’s a tight fit like you stated.

I’m curious to see what you notice with the spools.

Honeyman108 02-28-2021 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benp (Post 6070773)
Looks good!

LURC does state that their spool does require fitment to the axles. It’s a tight fit like you stated.

I’m curious to see what you notice with the spools.

BENP my brother thanks for the comment yes they are tight! When you slide in the portals the rod end is a little thicker than the hole on the spool I do like that it will be tight and eventually sit in there but I did notice the gear action is little stiff but after running it im sure it will loosen up!

now the rear axle whet in pretty easy yet still feels tight :)

Ill give you an update this afternoon im trying to finish up the wheels tires shocks axles mounted electronics cleaned up!