Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #121
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Servos and winches are all calibrated and endpoints adjusted!!!!
Fixed all the issues I had after the first run yesterday the steering /panhard bar and shocks are now working perfect....

the winch custom work took me a minute to figure out as I want the winches to be able too pull smoothly and do double pulls front and back so right now they look and perform perfect lets see what they do on the trail and the rocks!!
Attached Images

Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2021, 03:00 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

Now other than a couple of loose ends and adjusting anything after a couple test runs Its time to finish the mods on the body take everything off and get the body ready for a paint job!!! BUZZZZ......
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2021, 07:17 PM   #123

Very cool , that’s interesting jig you got there. Never seen one like that before
JCM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:30 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

The body still needs a little trimming and sanding and now that I am now pondering again what color to paint this Rig I think but not 100% sure but a lighter Blue color like sky blue or royal blue???
Also not sure if im going to make the top a different color maybe a yellow or white??
Really want this body to come out nice and to be honest the body will see some action especially if I can get out to comps and things like that but its going to be a shelf queen and will get 2 or 3 runs for pictures and videos but will take to events and on group crawls to pull people out of jams.....

and im also working on a clear daily driver beater body for my TRX4 rigs that use half cab bodies im trying to decide weather to use the Chevy K-10 front Cab or my go to body the proline 1966 Chevrolet C-10 Cab 1 and instead of painting im going to put stickers and keep my nice bodies in good shape and beat up the clear ones..... BUZZZ.....
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2021, 07:31 PM   #125
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM5 View Post
Very cool , that’s interesting jig you got there. Never seen one like that before
JiG? you mean the scale table? its very nice and useful not cheap but for me its been a lifesaver especially in the creative process of the build... BUZZZZ.....
Old 03-08-2021, 04:24 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

Not sure how well that servo winch will do pulling a 1/10 scale truck, aren't they made for smaller scale rigs?

edit: Nevermind, i just saw a video of one in action. Big power in a little package

Last edited by cutlaSS; 03-08-2021 at 04:37 PM.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #127
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
Not sure how well that servo winch will do pulling a 1/10 scale truck, aren't they made for smaller scale rigs?

edit: Nevermind, i just saw a video of one in action. Big power in a little package

BUZZZ... Cutlass.... yeah I was a little skeptical myself and really wanted the small winch for the front end of the rig as it would be a perfect fit...
So went out today and tried it on some rocks and it actually did the job on a pull that was a little tricky and pulling the full weight of the rig, so I was impressed with the way it worked and I have the 2 Winches on channels 5 and 6 on the flysky GT5 radio and what's cool is I set the endpoints at 100% but both channels are a turn knob so I can dial in the speed of the winch with a turn of the diall!!!

The front servo was spot on with no cable spooling out or the cable twisted, on the rear winch I didn't install the winch rope properly on the spool so was not able to test it but alas the weather is good ill get another shot to tune up this week!!!! BUZZZZZ......

Last edited by Honeyman108; 03-08-2021 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:30 AM   #128
Rock Crawler

BUZZZ BUZZZ Crawlers!!!
Finally got the Rig itself ready for some crawling!!!!
Adjusted and tuned the shocks/winches/servo....
Now to prep the body and start the paint job then I can showcase this project here for review!!! BUZZZZ.......
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2021, 01:57 PM   #129

That looks good. Hope you do well if you compete with it.
sleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:37 PM   #130
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
That looks good. Hope you do well if you compete with it.
BUZZ Sleb nice to meet you! Its not competing but definitely its a big intro into Scale Fabbing Crawlers at a real level! so working my way up and this coming week after the rains here in TN im going to test it out extensively and post some videos!!! BUZZZ... BUZZZ....

Last edited by Honeyman108; 03-25-2021 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 04:04 AM   #131
Pebble Pounder

Watch your winch lines. That angle and them rubbing on the mount will cut through them fast. Mine slightly rubs the underside of the mount from IE*RC and it’s already showing sings of wear from only a few tests.
PFongemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:44 AM   #132
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFongemie View Post
Watch your winch lines. That angle and them rubbing on the mount will cut through them fast. Mine slightly rubs the underside of the mount from IE*RC and it’s already showing sings of wear from only a few tests.
Yeah I was wondering how it will do! the rear one is smooth and pretty much is smooth throughout the back fairlead the front winch is smooth too but not as smooth as the rear! But the triangle on front of the Hot racing battery tray its on has 2 grooves that the winch line runs smooth through and am not sure if they had that in mind but it helps the winch Mod BUZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Last edited by Honeyman108; 04-05-2021 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:29 AM   #133
Rock Crawler

BUZZZZ Crawlers.... Rainy weekend in Nashville so staying in the hive this weekend and am going to finish the accessories on the body and then break it down and start prepping the body for paint and finally im going to try to adjusting the electronics I got the Reefs RC USB Link Servo Programmer for the Tripple 777 servo and the Castle Creations Castle Link V3 USB Programmer Adapter to program the Holmes BR-XL ESC they both work great factory programmed but I want to see what I can tweak BUZZZZZ...... Any ADVICE on programming these babies????? Send me a BUZZZZZZ.......
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #134
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
BUZZZZ Crawlers.... Rainy weekend in Nashville so staying in the hive this weekend and am going to finish the accessories on the body and then break it down and start prepping the body for paint and finally im going to try to adjusting the electronics I got the Reefs RC USB Link Servo Programmer for the Tripple 777 servo and the Castle Creations Castle Link V3 USB Programmer Adapter to program the Holmes BR-XL ESC they both work great factory programmed but I want to see what I can tweak BUZZZZZ...... Any ADVICE on programming these babies????? Send me a BUZZZZZZ.......

Turn the soft start on & increase the power to 100%
There’s a few videos on YouTube.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:03 PM   #135
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Turn the soft start on & increase the power to 100%
There’s a few videos on YouTube.
on the ESC or the Servo??
Old 03-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #136
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
on the ESC or the Servo??

The servo. When I did mine they were at 70% from the factory.
Old 03-27-2021, 04:50 PM   #137
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The servo. When I did mine they were at 70% from the factory.
Awesome that will make a big difference even though the steering is great right now!!! BUZZZZ....
Old 04-05-2021, 06:48 AM   #138
Rock Crawler

BUZZZZZ its Spring CRAWLERS....... Finally got the rig tweaked mechanically all looks good feels good and after some test runs next week ill be able to remove any glitches!!!! Most of all the body Mods are finished got the back bumper on the Ford 250 half cab and the yellow lights mounted on the bumper bar and the rig is ready for paint prep!!! Lets see what this rig looks like and drives like in the next couple weeks and as always thanks to everybody for the comments suggestions and advice all are well taken...... BUZZZZZ.......
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2021, 07:35 AM   #139
Rock Crawler

BUZZZZ Crawlers!!!! Finally got the body accessories off and started prepping the body for a three tone paint job! The weather is good in the high 60's and low 70's so should be good painting weather!!! Im going to paint the Ford F250 body sky blue on the Body and Candy Yellow on the top half and roof and im going to tint the windows in a hex pattern from bitty designs lets see what happens with this rescue Bee Rig on the next episode.... BUZZZZZ.....

Tape (frog Pait Tape)
Paint (Spaz Stix paint Candy Yellow/Sky Blue/Paint Prep/WIndow tint)
paint for grill and wipers Acrylic paint.
Modge Podge Sealant.

BUZZZZ......
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2021, 05:11 PM   #140
Rock Crawler

got the blue bottom half of cab looking good great day to paint!!! BUZZZZ....
Attached Images

Tags
comp crawler, honey rig, hot racing, trx4

RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Maiden Voyage Honeyman108 Traxxas TRX-4 3 10-28-2020 09:20 PM
Full Drop Bed TRX-4 Bronco Project Build 55ovalcharlie Traxxas TRX-4 42 11-26-2018 03:53 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale Crawler Full Review and Test Drive! driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 1 05-23-2017 06:32 PM
Pics of my Full Mod Crawler thorn4run General Crawlers 28 01-30-2007 06:19 PM
TXT Crawler.... Stone Cold Crawler... Full Tube Scale build RockSpyder Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 6 12-14-2004 09:40 AM