Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #161
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

BUZZZZZ Well got the Rescue Bee Rig finished minus one task but overall after the first build and testing and modifying I decided the rig should have just one winch in the front and DSM off road bungee pulls in the rear and use the 444 reefs smart winch that was in the front to steer the rear axle in the back as it is interchangeable between winch and servo pretty cool and also its a super low profile servo so I have full flexion on the rear suspension!!!

I was really trying to shed some weight off the Rig just for my personal liking I like to be under 8 lbs on a rig like this but overall I shed 1lb off this Rig and I run 3s and 4s and the 4s runs very smooth with more power to motor and servos and does not seem to affect the acceleration and punch which is nice also the torque feels very strong on 4s and the Holmes 800 dances on 4s and 15 volts and the weight is down right around 8lbs!

Im taking her out to the backyard rocks later for testing and get some pics and video but she is clean and all tested and endpoints front and rear set so some fun this afternoon.... BUUZZZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2021, 12:37 PM   #162
Rock Crawler

Looking good!!!

8lbs isn’t bad considering all of the extras you have.

Looking forward to the videos!
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:47 PM   #163
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Looking good!!!

8lbs isn’t bad considering all of the extras you have.

Looking forward to the videos!
Hey Benp all good I used some 3d printed parts that helped the weight and the delrin gearhead wheels are light too!! But after a run yesterday where she performed really well im not crazy about the Pit Bull rock beasts on slippery rocks no grip so ill switch between wheels and Terroir!!! Also going to eliminate the front brass diff cover in place for an ARB diff cover and that should have me where I like it!!! The shocks need just a little more droop so that's what's left on this rig.....

The rear steering felt great too with only 40% steering in the back and 90% in the front it steered great and felt good!!! and it was a night run and the lights were great.... BUZZZZZ........
Old 08-25-2021, 07:39 PM   #164
Rock Crawler

BUZZZZZ....... CRAWLERS...... this week ive been getting my FrankenTRX4 to perfection and right now she is making papa proud the capability of this rig is amazing the only thing ims till tweaking on this at the moment is getting the suspension to drop just a bit more but she handles well and the 3 half cab bodies I have fit perfect and snug!!! Today I got a quick night backyard run and I love this thing cant wait to go out to the real rocks again!!! BUZZZZZZ........
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2021, 07:35 PM   #165
Rock Crawler

Aloha & Buzz...... Finally getting back to working on my TRX4 Honey Rig im overhauling my modifications and I have all the parts in so going to finish her up for this weekend!!!
Im adjusting the shocks with the long Boom Racing shock keys and got the rear axle servo swapped to match the front Holmes 800 and the metal servo axle mount to take the beating! the front axle gets a new diff cover and steering link and I eliminated the slipper so this girl is all locked up axles and spur gear now lets see what snaps.....
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2021, 09:48 AM   #166
Rock Crawler

Default RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Nice!!

Can’t wait for action videos

Last edited by Benp; 10-09-2021 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:27 AM   #167
Rock Crawler

Finally ran the Rig yesterday even with the Holmes esc being a pain in the ass on reverse I had a decent run for 15 mins or so and having the 2 Holmes 800 servos make this thing on 4s really become a little too powerful!

I installed a new servo horn Samix and it stripped the horn clean on the front servo after 15 min on the rocks and the servo gear is like new!

These new Holmes 800 servos are quiet and very powerful and a little slower than my Reefs Triple 777 which I like on this rig....

BUZZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #168
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Finally ran the Rig yesterday even with the Holmes esc being a pain in the ass on reverse I had a decent run for 15 mins or so and having the 2 Holmes 800 servos make this thing on 4s really become a little too powerful!

I installed a new servo horn Samix and it stripped the horn clean on the front servo after 15 min on the rocks and the servo gear is like new!

These new Holmes 800 servos are quiet and very powerful and a little slower than my Reefs Triple 777 which I like on this rig....

BUZZZZZ.....

Haha. Damn!!!!

I’ve stripped a horn before like that but it was because I didn’t realize there were 2 lock screws.

You definitely find the weaker links once any power is increased.

I just replied in your other thread regarding reverse.

Should get you squared away.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #169
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by benp View Post
haha. Damn!!!!

I’ve stripped a horn before like that but it was because i didn’t realize there were 2 lock screws.

You definitely find the weaker links once any power is increased.

I just replied in your other thread regarding reverse.

Should get you squared away.

bemp da bomb buzzzzzzz.......
Old 10-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #170
Rock Crawler

Default RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
bemp da bomb buzzzzzzz.......

Hey no problem. Hopefully I had helpful info.

I replied to your other thread again with some more information regarding the BRXL.

Also, I’d check out Vanquish servo horns. From what I’ve read they’re supposed top notch.

Like I said, if you have weak links , you’re going to find them with that HH 800 servo on 4s.

Good luck
Old 10-16-2021, 08:29 AM   #171
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Hey no problem. Hopefully I had helpful info.

I replied to your other thread again with some more information regarding the BRXL.

Also, I’d check out Vanquish servo horns. From what I’ve read they’re supposed top notch.

Like I said, if you have weak links , you’re going to find them with that HH 800 servo on 4s.

Good luck
ALOHA BEMP..... I finally got myself a small PC laptop and was able to use the Castle USB Link to program the BRXL ESC and WOW what a difference and the Rig worked right away and is smooth like butter forward and reverse so those 70/30 curves feel smooth and am going to test this rig at the park and see what will break with the 2 Holmes 800 servos and on 4s the rig feels strong and with locked differentials and locked spur gear this thing will bee fun breaking it out!!!

I went ahead and ordered 4 Vanquish servo horns 2x 20mm for the rear servos and 2x 24mm for the front servos on this rig and my Bronco...

I got some 70mm In The Works RC chassis spacers and I beefed up the shock mounts so this thing should be able to roll down a hill and be salvageable....

So after I get the servo horns in its pretty much finished setting up this rig for the year and just going to run it and get a BUZZZZZ........
Attached Images

Tags
comp crawler, honey rig, hot racing, trx4

RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Maiden Voyage Honeyman108 Traxxas TRX-4 3 10-28-2020 09:20 PM
Full Drop Bed TRX-4 Bronco Project Build 55ovalcharlie Traxxas TRX-4 42 11-26-2018 03:53 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale Crawler Full Review and Test Drive! driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 1 05-23-2017 06:32 PM
Pics of my Full Mod Crawler thorn4run General Crawlers 28 01-30-2007 06:19 PM
TXT Crawler.... Stone Cold Crawler... Full Tube Scale build RockSpyder Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 6 12-14-2004 09:40 AM