Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2020, 07:04 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Gearhead Wheels

Here is the Switch and comparison of the Gearhead Wheels I have and im switching the Trail king EzLock aluminum wheels to the 12 Pack Ez Lock Delrin Wheels on this project im keeping the Black wheels... Buzzzzzzzz.....
Attached Images

Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2020, 07:29 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler First Crawl With MODS

Old 11-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee's TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Final Mods ETC..

Here are the Final Modifications on this comp Rig I want to accomplish before the end of the year so I can run the Rig through winter and spring while I get my SCX10 iii Finished and get my TRX4 Four wheel steer project going!!!

on this Honey Comp Crawler im going to change the servo to a Reefs 777 and the ESC to a Holmes BR-XL but for the moment im going to finish all the mods to the axles and keep using the HobbyWing QuicRun 1080 ESC and the Reefs Raw 500 Servo because they are running so solid right now im going to wait a month after testing all the MODS...

on the final part of this build:In the Front im going to Install a Yeah Racing alloy Axle Housing to the front axle which already has the Hot racing Overdrive Differential Gear and differential Case as well as the Traxxas heavy duty Steel Gears R & L....

in the Back im going to overhaul the axle and install the Yeah Racing alloy Axle cover and the Traxxas steel gears and also the Hot Racing differential gear and diff case....

also I have done really well with Fast Eddie Bearings and RZ SCRewz

I have had the front Hot Racing Overdrive gear and case as well as the Traxxas steel out put gears and it runs beautifully had to break the gears in after a couple runs they are smooth so ill post a video once have both sets of axles installed and running smooth..... Buzzz.... Buzzzzzz.....
Attached Images

Last edited by Honeyman108; 11-03-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:29 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Day Body Paint Job

So you have seen the Purple Lavender Chevy half Cab Body on this COMP TRX4 Build Thread I have been using that now is complete with lights and im going to make another cab for daytime use with the same set up with the Hot Racing bumper mounted in the back and 2 tone color White Top and Yellow Bottom on this Paint Job im using the Pro-Line 1978 Chevy K-10 Clear Body for 12.3" WB Scale Rock Crawler Body and im Taking my Time and applying 5 Coats of Gloss Sun Yellow Spray paint and 5 Coats of White on the Top of the Cab and the Backing on the yellow and 5 Coats of Modge Podge Flexible Sealant....

and today the Temperature went up to 72F in Nashville so I started to spray the yellow and got 4 coats in so hopefully tomorrow the temp is good and i can finish the yellow and start the white but it will take about 5 days total to put it all together but it will be a solid flexible body and ill keep posting the picture this week of the progress and also the axle housing changes Hoping to have her ready by next week for an extensive crawl on the rocks!!!...
Buzzzzzz.....
Buzzzz......
Attached Images

Last edited by Honeyman108; 11-04-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler New Cab Body Paint part #2

Buzzz Again.... Another beautiful warm day here in Nashville so the painting on the Second Body for my Honey Comp Crawler continued and I got all 5 coats of yellow and was able to get 3 good coats of white for the Cab roof and backing the yellow for a smooth finish! Now what's left is Flexible sealant will be using Modge Podge its used in paintiing for canvases but has been my go to for sealing car bodies keeps them strong flexible and prevents chipping.....
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2020, 10:30 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Can’t wait to see it mounted up!

The contrast of the white roof on the yellow seals the deal for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 06:02 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Can’t wait to see it mounted up!

The contrast of the white roof on the yellow seals the deal for me

its gonna look good but I spray painted too early today and the white crackled up is was able to wipe it and mostly fix it won't be visible once I do another coat but yes it should be nice with the hot racing bumper ill post it next week!!! Buzzz Buzzz....
Old 11-07-2020, 12:25 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler New Cab Body Paint Job Part #3

Ok so this is #3 of 4 parts where I am painting and modding a daytime body on my Comp Crawler TRX4 the paint job was going beautifully and the days have been warm and that morning I had taken the body out and warmed it up for a couple hrs but the paint can was in the shade cold so when I sprayed the last coat of white it bubbled up and messed up what was going to be a perfect paint job.......
but I went ahead and wiped it down let It dry and put 6 coats of white to get it flush with the other parts of the white roof so hopefully when im done sealing it,
it will look good!!!!!
Buzzzz.... Buzzzzzzz......
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2020, 11:32 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp CrawlerNew Cab Body Paint Job #4

so im done early with this Paint project and even though this was to be my crash and bash body for the honey comp crawler for winter I wanted to do a pristine paint job and it started well but got bad and then it stabilized and this is the end product and Im not overly proud of this one so im looking forward to hitting the rocks tomorrow and giving it some character!!!! Buzzzz.......
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2020, 11:43 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Final Mods #2

so I finally got the axle housings swapped out for the Yeah Racing alloy ones they fit perfect and the rig runs and sounds good with the Hot Racing gears overdrive front stock in the back all that is left will be the electronics and I will swap out the Reefs Raw 500 servo for a Reefs 777 Servo and the Quicrun 1080 for the Holmes hobbies BR-XL ESC im hiring the rocks tomorrow and ill post a video on the grade this rig will make! BUZZZZZ.......
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2020, 11:52 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
so im done early with this Paint project and even though this was to be my crash and bash body for the honey comp crawler for winter I wanted to do a pristine paint job and it started well but got bad and then it stabilized and this is the end product and Im not overly proud of this one so im looking forward to hitting the rocks tomorrow and giving it some character!!!! Buzzzz.......

Man, you KNOW I’m a sucker for that Hawai’i plate! Where’d you get it? I tried printing my own, but it just turned out really fuzzy.

Old 11-07-2020, 11:54 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
so I finally got the axle housings swapped out for the Yeah Racing alloy ones they fit perfect and the rig runs and sounds good with the Hot Racing gears overdrive front stock in the back all that is left will be the electronics and I will swap out the Reefs Raw 500 servo for a Reefs 777 Servo and the Quicrun 1080 for the Holmes hobbies BR-XL ESC im hiring the rocks tomorrow and ill post a video on the grade this rig will make! BUZZZZZ.......

I have that same Honey grease, what gears do you apply it on? I’m about to do my first tear down and re lube on my rig.

Old 11-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Man, you KNOW I’m a sucker for that Hawai’i plate! Where’d you get it? I tried printing my own, but it just turned out really fuzzy.

Hey man here is the link to the bay seller he is really cool and has made several hundred of these for me.... Buzzzzzz......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-Scale-...72.m2749.l2649
Old 11-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have that same Honey grease, what gears do you apply it on? I’m about to do my first tear down and re lube on my rig.

I love VRP products and on the honey grease I supposed you could try using to on the portals and inside the differentials I use it on my Pinion and spur both are steel the Spur is Hot racing 54 tooth stock and the pinion is a 10 tooth Robinson racing.....
Old 11-08-2020, 04:03 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Finished But Not Done! ARRGGHHH... BUZZZZZ..

ok here is the final product running the new gears in the back and the alloy axles and it runs smooth but it is now too heavy!!!!! you can never win !!!! but you can try again and I think ill win eventually so im pretty sure in my case its a simple solution remove the brass differential cover and the should let the weight distribute evenly to the axles and wheels still having more weight in the front than in the back!!!!! Buzzzzz........ Buzzzz.........
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2020, 04:56 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Good job!!!!

I 100% know the feeling of hopefully winning eventually. You’re not alone.
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by benp View Post
good job!!!!

I 100% know the feeling of hopefully winning eventually. You’re not alone.
buzzz.... Buzzz......
Old 11-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Looking great man

Old 11-08-2020, 09:02 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I love VRP products and on the honey grease I supposed you could try using to on the portals and inside the differentials I use it on my Pinion and spur both are steel the Spur is Hot racing 54 tooth stock and the pinion is a 10 tooth Robinson racing.....

Everything I use from VRP is great

Quote:
Hey man here is the link to the bay seller he is really cool and has made several hundred of these for me.... Buzzzzzz......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-Scale-...72.m2749.l2649

Thank you sir! Ordering tires/wheels from eBay, so I may aswell get a few plates lol

Old 11-08-2020, 09:24 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Everything I use from VRP is great

Thank you sir! Ordering tires/wheels from eBay, so I may aswell get a few plates lol

send me a pic of the plates mounted on your rig when you get them.... BUZZZZZ.......

Tags
comp crawler, honey rig, hot racing, trx4

RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Maiden Voyage Honeyman108 Traxxas TRX-4 3 10-28-2020 09:20 PM
Full Drop Bed TRX-4 Bronco Project Build 55ovalcharlie Traxxas TRX-4 42 11-26-2018 03:53 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale Crawler Full Review and Test Drive! driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 1 05-23-2017 06:32 PM
Pics of my Full Mod Crawler thorn4run General Crawlers 28 01-30-2007 06:19 PM
TXT Crawler.... Stone Cold Crawler... Full Tube Scale build RockSpyder Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 6 12-14-2004 09:40 AM