Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2020, 11:20 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Hey Folks here we have my project of the year my TRX4 Honey Comp Crawler Build I have done so much to this rig and still have plenty left to go and hope to finish before years end but its already extremely capable and quiet also its building its character with all the body modifications left to go most of the parts will be mentioned and will provide photos of this great truck!

Im using the Flysky GT5 6 channel and its insane the best controller period simple very versatile and crawler responsive on torque....

Brands used on the build as follows:

Hot Racing (All Housings & All mounts & All links & All Posts & Alll Spacers & Most Gears & Accessories and the Front battery tray)

Yeah Racing (Brass Wheel Hexes & Alloy Axle Housings & Portal Gears)

Samix (Titanium Links & Servo Horn)

Holmes Hobbies (ESC & Motors & Bypass adapters)

Reefs Rc (Servos & Grease)

Proline (Tires & Bodies)

GearHead (Wheels & Lights & Cables)

Holmes Hobbies Custom Pro 20 t motor
Holmes Hobbies BR-XL ESC (Next install)
Reefs RC 777 servo (Next install)
Hot Racing (all around)(overdrive gear in front & stock in back)(driveshafts)(shocks) (Frame Bumper Mount)
Yeah Racing (diff covers and brass wheel hexes & steel portal gears & Axle Housings)
Samix Traxxas TRX-4 312mm Titanium High Clearance Link Set (10)
GearHead Ez lock trail king Wheels (Installing gearhead black 12pack ezlock wheels)
GearHead Six Shooter and TrailPod LED's (THANKS RPP Hobby YOU BEES BUZZZZ)
Wertymade stubby chino edition bumper
DSM off road (bungee hook clamp)
ST Racing Concepts Traxxas TRX-4 Aluminum Rear Bumper Eliminating Brace (Silver)
Proline Hyrax and Super Swamper Tires
Traxxas 8062 Axle Shaft Front Heavy Duty Portal Drive Input Gear Left & Right
Traxxas 8061 Axle Shaft Rear Heavy Duty Portal Drive Input Gear Rear Left & Right
Apex RC Products RC Remote Electronic AUX Channel On/Off Switch #9025

All Body Mods used Hot Racing Parts and Hardware.

As you can see in the photos the truck is going through a couple of transformations this year as far as upgrades left and currently finishing are the Axle housings the ESC and Servo as well as lights and another body questions comments suggestions!

Right now this Rig with the Hobbywing QuicRun 1080 and the Holmes Custom Pro 540 20T motor and the front hot racing overdrive beveled diff gear and steel portal shafts and the Reefs Raw 500 Servo this thing really gets through most rocky situations so I can't imagine what it will do when I switch to the Holmes BR-XL ESC and the Reefs 777 14volt servo and the beveled stock diff gear in the back well ill make another video after the build thread goes up so on and on we build and Buzzzzzz....... Aloha.....
Attached Images

Last edited by Honeyman108; 11-03-2020 at 08:43 AM.
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2020, 11:46 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler (HOT RACING) PARTS LIST BUZZZ

Here are most of the Hot Racing parts I've used for this build as well as the servo and Wheels... Buzzzz Buzzzz.....
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2020, 11:51 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Reefs Raw 500

love it....buzzzzz
Old 10-31-2020, 03:05 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod

Boy you are not playing around.

I love the cab and chassis look!

I like the idea of the lay down servo mount. Does the lay down mount attach to the stock servo mount? I’m trying to figure that out.

Do you have a link to that specific mount?
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Hey man, are there any pros to that steering arm being bent to where it sticks out farther away from the axle? Does it allow for more steering angle?

Also, where’d you get that stubby bumper from? I’ve been looking for something like that for my TRX4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 10-31-2020 at 11:35 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 06:37 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Boy you are not playing around.

I love the cab and chassis look!

I like the idea of the lay down servo mount. Does the lay down mount attach to the stock servo mount? I’m trying to figure that out.

Do you have a link to that specific mount?
hey man the servo does attach to the stock servo front mount even though I used the hot racing mount should fit. im using the SERPENT servo mounts they come in a couple of different configurations ill attach the one used you can get them at Amain or Ebay for 25 bucks and they are aluminum.
and the side is the best spot for torque and longer steering radius im very happy in this belly position I have tried all the ways to mount the servo on a TRX4 and this by far wins! my four wheel steer project that is basically the twin sibling of this truck ill start building next month both servos are side mounted... Buzzzzz Buzzzzz.......
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2020, 06:40 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Hey man, are there any pros to that steering arm being bent to where it sticks out farther away from the axle? Does it allow for more steering angle?

Also, where’d you get that stubby bumper from? I’ve been looking for something like that for my TRX4

ALOHA.... Buzzzzzz..... the front bumper is a Wertymade stubby chino edition bumper available at AMAIN Hobbies....

Now the steering has full range of steering once centered with the FlySky GT5 Transmitter $70.00
Both sides on steering trim are at 100% with no chassis interference......
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2020, 06:56 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
hey man the servo does attach to the stock servo front mount even though I used the hot racing mount should fit. im using the SERPENT servo mounts they come in a couple of different configurations ill attach the one used you can get them at Amain or Ebay for 25 bucks and they are aluminum.

and the side is the best spot for torque and longer steering radius im very happy in this belly position I have tried all the ways to mount the servo on a TRX4 and this by far wins! my four wheel steer project that is basically the twin sibling of this truck ill start building next month both servos are side mounted... Buzzzzz Buzzzzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
ALOHA.... Buzzzzzz..... the front bumper is a Wertymade stubby chino edition bumper available at AMAIN Hobbies....

Now the steering has full range of steering once centered with the FlySky GT5 Transmitter $70.00

Both sides on steering trim are at 100% with no chassis interference......

Great! Thanks!!!

Steering trim at 100% with no chassis interference?!?!? Wow! That’s awesome!!!!

Definitely going to check the mounts out. Every little bit of extra steering helps!

I’m a GT5 fan as well. Excellent for the price point and being able to set 1 radio up for multiple rigs is Awesome.

Last edited by Benp; 11-01-2020 at 06:59 AM.
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:12 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Wow! I’m also impressed by the 100% steering trim! I’ll have to get a steering link or two.

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Wow! I’m also impressed by the 100% steering trim! I’ll have to get a steering link or two.

the important thing to know about the 100% steering that I found is the fact the FlySky GT5 can center your servo regardless of trim once you set EPA on the radio its centered as far as equally going in opposite directions then you trim to get the wheels centered and wow fun the Flysky will go to 120% but I like my servo quiet and not crunchy..... ill post a video of the turning radius.... Buzzzz Buzzzz
Old 11-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Batteries and Mount

The shorty batteries I use are
ProTek LiPo 3s and 4s (very small batteries)
Reedy Wolfpack 3s LiPo (hard case is nice)
Gens Ace Adventure 3s LiPo

Check the photos attached...

These are all the batteries I actually use presently they all work great I’ve never had problems I check the voltages every single time and all my batteries if they don’t come with XT 60 plug I change it Used strictly XT 60 on everything ESC’s and batteries and even on my Bec’s I use an XT 60 plug...

& the Hot Racing Forward Battery Mount( TRXF100FM01)....

Aloha Keep buzzing....
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Brass Recommendations

here is Honeymans brass weight combo that works for my rig best it keeps it low and on the ground during steep climbs up and down I used its my prescription and a spoonful of Honey....

Hot Racing Brass upgrades TRX-4
Heavy 76g Brass Knuckle Weight Rear Portal
Heavy 41g Brass Outer Portal Drive Housing
Heavy 70g Brass Differential Cover

Yeah Racing Upgrades TRX-4
TRX-4 12mm Brass Hex Adapter w/8mm Offset (4)
TRX-4 Brass Ball Head (4 Pieces) TRX4-036
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2020, 08:20 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Endpoints Reefs Raw 500

here is a quick vid of the endpoints adjustment for my Honey Comp Crawler on my Flysky GT5 on the Reef Raw 500 Servo.....
Buzzzzz....
Buzzzz......

Old 11-01-2020, 09:06 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Hot Racing Post Links

So I finally got all the Hot Racing Post Links on my TRX4 Honey Comp Crawler installed and they all are functional, the back Posts 58mm for the Body Bungee Strap/Hook , the front 58mm Post is to keep shorty lipo battery snug, the center posts 33mm is used to manage the ESC Motor Cables and the 43mm is used to manage the lights switch accessories cable also a 33mm and (2) 18mm were used on the front battery tray and 8mm on the Cab Body Bumper Modification and all the spacers used were also HOT racing love the look the functionality and customization it has given my Rig ....

I have to say im pretty happy with the Hot Racing Brand even thought I have spent an arm and a leg on their parts only 3 parts of hundreds used on various cars and Rigs of mine have failed or not installed properly!!!
Buzzz..... Hot Racing Buzzzzz...
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2020, 06:50 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Great build you have going brother! I like it! That thing seems very capable. Are you getting bump steer at all from having the servo setup like that? Keep up the great work!!! Subbed your YouTube as well
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:25 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Great build you have going brother! I like it! That thing seems very capable. Are you getting bump steer at all from having the servo setup like that? Keep up the great work!!! Subbed your YouTube as well
Thanks Man its capable and really no bump steer ay all check the video out im doing another on the rocks this weekend ill post! nice to meet ya and keep Buzzing....
Old 11-02-2020, 08:31 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp CrawlerPost Link Photos

here are the Hot Racing post link photos on the TRX4 Honey Comp Crawler they are all functional and clean!! Buzzzz Buzzzz!!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler GearHead Lights

Finally got the Gear Head Lights on the Honey Comp Crawler six shooter in the front and two trail pods in the back and I run these through a Gearhead three way splitter through an Apex on/Off switch to channel 3 on the Flysky GT5 and ill post these photos and a video!
Buzzz Buzzzz
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2020, 08:50 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp CrawlerGearHead Lights Video

Here is a Quick Video of me showing of the install of the Gear head Crawler Lights Trail Pod & Six Shooter... Buzzzzzzzz

Old 11-02-2020, 08:59 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Video #2 GearHead Lights Video #2

Video #2 of the Gearhead Lights on the Rig Installed.. Buzzzz

Tags
comp crawler, honey rig, hot racing, trx4

RCBee TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Build Full Mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Honey Comp Crawler Maiden Voyage Honeyman108 Traxxas TRX-4 3 10-28-2020 09:20 PM
Full Drop Bed TRX-4 Bronco Project Build 55ovalcharlie Traxxas TRX-4 42 11-26-2018 03:53 PM
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale Crawler Full Review and Test Drive! driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 1 05-23-2017 06:32 PM
Pics of my Full Mod Crawler thorn4run General Crawlers 28 01-30-2007 06:19 PM
TXT Crawler.... Stone Cold Crawler... Full Tube Scale build RockSpyder Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 6 12-14-2004 09:40 AM