Notices

Thread: Winch?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2021, 06:04 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Winch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad1911 View Post
Can anyone tell me if i can power the wireless winch controller off the spare jst connector coming off of the XL5 esc? And yes it is the RC4WD controller. I figuered I've already got it so might as well try to use it. When it craps out I'll go with the controller mentioned in the earlier comments. Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking the post.
If you are running 3s or more and the JST sends all the power you might burn out the stock controller, I did. It ran fine off my BEC at 7.4 volts but not really that strong or fast.
Now I run the cheap RC4WD winch off its own ESC (3s) and it does great. It pulls almost as good as my nice $$ Reef 800 IS at 6 volts. I have been using it over a year now and it has had some long hard bulls and it is doing great.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2021, 08:12 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad1911 View Post
Can anyone tell me if i can power the wireless winch controller off the spare jst connector coming off of the XL5 esc? And yes it is the RC4WD controller. I figuered I've already got it so might as well try to use it. When it craps out I'll go with the controller mentioned in the earlier comments. Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking the post.
Are you are talking about the little box you plug into the winch and the power? If it fits, yes. If it pushes too much power you may ruin the controller box. If it pushes too little the winch won't work very well. I believe the winch itself can handle 3s put the little box can only take 7.4. Mine ran fine when I ran off a BEC at 7.4 but weak as crap. When I went direct power on 3s it stopped working almost instantly. The winch itself still worked but not the controller.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 10:22 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Bowhouse servo winch mount with a servo winch. Works out well!

This is perfect! Been looking for a way to mount a servo winch. Thanks
TrickyRicky is offline   Reply With Quote

Winch? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
impulse winch buy, rc4wd, custom bumper and winch pull test evan03 Axial Wraith 13 03-10-2013 09:15 PM