Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: 416 miles on stock CVD's.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2020, 06:09 AM   #21

Default Re: 416 miles on stock CVD's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
My pleasure. I try and re grease axles and portals every 100 miles unless I have been in salt water then I will check em. I have only done the transmission once and it was perfect inside.

After every run I hose it down and WD40 it. I live in a wet and muddy England so there is a lot of rust on the chassis and links... but it is scale! Especially on a Landover. Haha.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I don’t know if you’re aware, but WD40 is just Water Displacement and not really a lubricant. Are you using silicone spray or any other lube after the WD40?

Also, I’m looking forward to your update on the new GPM shafts.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2020, 06:18 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I'm here in " New " England, but I generally avoid water and mud with my trucks. When I do crossings I keep the water line under the rocker panels and I don't play submarine. I do the WD bath often though because it is quick and easy to make the truck look clean.
WD-40 was what Traxxas advised for cleanings but I didn't see any recommendations of what to use for lubricant. I do agree with Jato, maybe I should look into using silicone spray... thanks bud !!
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:20 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I don’t know if you’re aware, but WD40 is just Water Displacement and not really a lubricant. Are you using silicone spray or any other lube after the WD40?

Also, I’m looking forward to your update on the new GPM shafts.
Hello...yeah I run marine grease and it's quite resilient stuff. The dubD is just to help it dry off after the run. Although I must confess to never greasing the centre drive shafts! My bad. Everything else is horribly slippy...horrid to work on with no gloves. Hehe.

o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:28 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
I'm here in " New " England, but I generally avoid water and mud with my trucks. When I do crossings I keep the water line under the rocker panels and I don't play submarine. I do the WD bath often though because it is quick and easy to make the truck look clean.
WD-40 was what Traxxas advised for cleanings but I didn't see any recommendations of what to use for lubricant. I do agree with Jato, maybe I should look into using silicone spray... thanks bud !!
New England sounds much drier than soggy old England! I try not to be a submarine and it's another reason I love the TRX for the mud guards. But in winter it gets very wet and boggy. I was calf deep on my last run...horrid. I recommend marine grease.

Some random pics...haha

Old 12-17-2020, 06:42 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
You’re welcome! It’s good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
Hello...yeah I run marine grease and it's quite resilient stuff. The dubD is just to help it dry off after the run. Although I must confess to never greasing the centre drive shafts! My bad. Everything else is horribly slippy...horrid to work on with no gloves. Hehe.

Yes, marine grease is great stuff as well. Really helps to keep the water out!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Did 5.7 miles today....and the GPM shafts did not fail...good start. Oooh it was nice being able to turn full lock without clatter. Hehe.

Last edited by o0wiz0o; 12-22-2020 at 02:23 PM.

416 miles on stock CVD's. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to find 3Racing cvd's in stock ? NICKH General Crawlers 14 01-17-2012 01:13 PM
Would this work for stock CVD's? y2kgtp Venom Creeper 27 01-27-2010 04:51 PM
In Stock MIP AX10 CVD's & Drive Shafts IN STOCK RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-12-2008 12:58 PM