Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Low CG battery tray special......????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Low CG battery tray special......????

Fwiw....I had one of these on my Amazon shopping list and just noticed its price went down form around $15 shipped to about $7 shipped. It's an aluminum low CG batter tray for the TRX-4. Looks like several companies have the same item with different names (and prices). Not sure how well it works compared to the Bowhouse but for 7 bucks on the slow boat it's worth a try. You all know how Amazon works. No clue how long this price or even this supplier will be there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with this company or Amazon......just passing on what appears to be a fantastic deal.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2020, 03:02 PM   #2

Default Re: Low CG battery tray special......????

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
Fwiw....I had one of these on my Amazon shopping list and just noticed its price went down form around $15 shipped to about $7 shipped. It's an aluminum low CG batter tray for the TRX-4. Looks like several companies have the same item with different names (and prices). Not sure how well it works compared to the Bowhouse but for 7 bucks on the slow boat it's worth a try. You all know how Amazon works. No clue how long this price or even this supplier will be there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with this company or Amazon......just passing on what appears to be a fantastic deal.
Gonna try it out. Most likely coming directly from China as it said it would get here in 6-8 weeks. Thanks for the tip and i'll let you know how it is once installed.
joeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:50 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

But for $20 more you can get a proven product and you help support a Local company. Bowhouse is right down the road in NC. All there manufacturing is done in house.
PFongemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:10 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFongemie View Post
But for $20 more you can get a proven product and you help support a Local company. Bowhouse is right down the road in NC. All there manufacturing is done in house.
Whaaaat?! Im only 3yrs new here to wilmington area, whereabouts are they? Sorry, not sorry, i realize im choosing to ask YOU, instead of almighty "Goog". I am occupied tear down the front axle and trans on my TRX4.

R.C. means both;Remote control, and Rock Crawler.
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
Whaaaat?! Im only 3yrs new here to wilmington area, whereabouts are they? Sorry, not sorry, i realize im choosing to ask YOU, instead of almighty "Goog". I am occupied tear down the front axle and trans on my TRX4.

R.C. means both;Remote control, and Rock Crawler.

Not sure of the exact address. I’d have to google it myself.
PFongemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:53 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I have that same exact one, just is branded as KYX and was $10 more. Came with the same strap and everything LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #7

So I got it off Amazon for $7. Took a while to get to my house but got her installed.

Only downside is that the new tray hits the links when bottoming out - lose about 2mm of full shock compression compared to stock (not sure if Bowhouse tray is similar) see pic below

However I really like it! Can definitely tell the difference when crawling and an absolute must mod. I doubt I’m hitting full compression on the rear shocks anyways so well worth the trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeR6 View Post
So I got it off Amazon for $7. Took a while to get to my house but got her installed.

Only downside is that the new tray hits the links when bottoming out - lose about 2mm of full shock compression compared to stock. However I really like it! Can definitely tell the difference when crawling and an absolute must mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is the exact same way, but like you said it’s not too much flex loss. Plus, when your flexing on only one side it’s pretty far distance from the tray. Honestly I can’t tell a difference, good to know it actually does something lmao.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 12-24-2020 at 04:55 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:08 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Bowhouse is the same way regarding upper links hitting.

Luckily I run small battery packs and cut out the tray to the end of the pack. Much better, no more link contact with the battery tray.

Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 02:48 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I actually mount my lipo sideways right behind the gearbox which is the lowest part of the frame.

You can see it in the beginning of this video -
https://youtu.be/HMGqxQln9VQ
furadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by furadi View Post
I actually mount my lipo sideways right behind the gearbox which is the lowest part of the frame.

You can see it in the beginning of this video -
https://youtu.be/HMGqxQln9VQ

That is a good option if you have the sport version.
On the other versions, the micro-servo's take up much of the space you could use.
Omsk is offline   Reply With Quote

Low CG battery tray special......???? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery straps for Bowhouse low CG tray toys222 Traxxas TRX-4 5 04-08-2020 09:27 PM
Bowhouse vs Injora low cg Battery tray mass-hole Traxxas TRX-4 14 09-14-2019 10:21 PM
New competition low CG battery tray SMALLVILLE Traxxas TRX-4 16 02-21-2018 05:46 PM