Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Modding my TRX-6 *Progression*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2021, 06:31 AM   #101
RCC Addict

Default Re: Modding my TRX-6 *Progression*

70 degrees here in FL this morning

I did the accidental China order thing a while back and it still showed up faster than domestic parcel lol.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2021, 07:44 AM   #102
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
70 degrees here in FL this morning

I did the accidental China order thing a while back and it still showed up faster than domestic parcel lol.

It was -26 before dawn. Lol. Fun times.

An AsiaTees order surprised me with only taking a week.

Everything else is a month.
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:50 AM   #103

Holy crap! -26?! I’m already complaining when it was 39 degrees here in Southern California. I’m not a fan of extreme weather..

I generally try to avoid ordering anything directly from China because I hate waiting. There are certain parts only China had, so there’s not much I could do about that. But it is outrageous how certain orders from China can get to me faster than a package from within the US...
Got0wned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:47 AM   #104
Rock Crawler

Default Modding my TRX-6 *Progression*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got0wned View Post
Holy crap! -26?! I’m already complaining when it was 39 degrees here in Southern California. I’m not a fan of extreme weather..

I generally try to avoid ordering anything directly from China because I hate waiting. There are certain parts only China had, so there’s not much I could do about that. But it is outrageous how certain orders from China can get to me faster than a package from within the US...

Ha ha! Yep!

The trees were really banging this morning. The sap freezes and trees pop. Sounds like gunfire.

If you didn’t know better, it sounded like a gun battle in the woods. Pretty crazy

I agree on shipping. Amain really irks me in that department. Only way I order from them now is if I cannot find what I want anywhere else.

I primarily go through RPP and eBay.

Last edited by Benp; 01-27-2021 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:40 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Ha ha! Yep!

The trees were really banging this morning. The sap freezes and trees pop. Sounds like gunfire.

If you didn’t know better, it sounded like a gun battle in the woods. Pretty crazy

I agree on shipping. Amain really irks me in that department. Only way I order from them now is if I cannot find what I want anywhere else.

I primarily go through RPP and eBay.
I only recently found out about RPP last week.. I wish I had known sooner. I just learned they have some good prices and inventory compared to Tower Hobbies and AMain.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:42 AM   #106
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I only recently found out about RPP last week.. I wish I had known sooner. I just learned they have some good prices and inventory compared to Tower Hobbies and AMain.

I believe RPP always has a % off coupon as well.

Amain’s shipping is laughable compared to RPP.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Looks good! It’s never a good idea to add up how much you’ve spent haha

Clean and lube those squeaky driveshafts!
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:09 PM   #108

Quote:
JCM5: I only went with the Treal middle axle housing and not the Yeah Racing because YR didn’t offer it without the built in c-hub. I didn’t know they were problematic. Guess I got lucky, but curious, what was the issue? And is it only their middle axle housing that’s affected?

Benp: I feel like my current 650oz is plenty for my needs at this time. I’m still a novice at rc and crawling, so perhaps I may save that possibility at a later time.

Thanks for following this thread. There will be more to come for sure! Still waiting for more parts to arrive in the mail.

I took the TRX6 out today. It has not ceased to amaze me of its capabilities. Check out my video if you have a minute or two and let me know what you think: https://youtu.be/isH_lY_Gsvo
I forgot what it was fitment or something with the cover of the middle causing issue from one of the videos I saw on you tube. Yes, just the middle one is issue for Yeah axle.

Your Video is awesome that looks like an awesome place to crawl and lights with the front rock light really light thing up ..wow.
I haven’t hook up mine yet as the GRC interior is really cramped.
Even with it removed I haven’t connect it to the Axe 550 esc as I’m not sure power from 3S will damage the stock light bulbs as I believe they’re all 3v.

As far as RPP Hobby you going to love them, cheaper than Amain and super fast shipping too.

Club5racing.com They’re in SoCal got some good stuff for trx6 (Stainless links and light switch that allow you to turn on the rock lights by flipping the hi/lo switch on the radio) They’re slow to ship take 2-3 day before orders go out.

Last edited by JCM5; 01-27-2021 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Typos
JCM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:26 PM   #109

Benp: I’m shopping RPP from now on!

Twade984: I’ll lube everything back up when I install the new rear axle housings.

JCM5: Good to know about the axle housing. I lucked out if that’s the case. Thanks about the video! I’m glad I wired up the front rock lights before this outing. I started piecing together my GRC interior as well. It feels super crammed.. I started on applying chrome paint to the interior trim. That’s where I ended so far.. lol

I’ll have to check out Club5racing. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2021, 10:20 PM   #110

The hard part is finding a nice figure to go with it.
Those WWE wrestling figures at Target fit nicely with some shaving but tough to find one that doesn’t have the wild wardrobe. I was luck I picked one that’s decent few years ago for my Tamiya truck.
Injora g500 interior
But I switch to Arnold Schwarzenegger Instead it’s a tad bigger need a lot of cutting to fit nicely. There are some nice Neca figures that looks good
JCM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:11 PM   #111

Haven’t posted on here for a while. Been busy and had to put r/c on hold.

JCM5: I’ve been searching for a NECA Genisys T-1000 for a decent price. Found one on eBay for $30. I think I’ll just go with that one.

Small update: I was very disappointed with the TREAL intermediate axle housing. It was very poor quality. The matching diff cover it came had so much play that I could not trust it. I went with Yeah Racing’s cast housing instead. I bought a matching Yeah Racing brass diff cover to add some weight to it.

Just like the front axle setup, I attempted to install Hot Racing’s helical ring and pinion but realized I needed an extra pinion to send power to the rear axle housing. I had to put everything on hold and ordered an extra set just for the pinion...

The extra pinion finally arrived in the mail and I had time to wrench on this thing. During installation, I accidentally slipped the Allen screw head that holds the ring gear to the differential. :( Went to a few hardware stores and finally found one that carried a metric screw in the small M2.5 size.

Finally got it all together. Installed the rear Samix brass portal covers with the awesome-looking brake kits to match the fronts. Now to search for an aftermarket rear axle housing for the TRX-6... Anyone know where I could find it for sale by itself without having to buy a full kit?

Last edited by Got0wned; 02-15-2021 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:07 AM   #112

I know this has been a bit inactive for a while but..

I don't know if I should thank you or curse you.
I've "stolen" quite a few ideas and parts from this build for my own, mainly cutting the front bumper part of the body, installing another bumper (Using an upside down rear bumper mount for a TRX 4 to get it a bit higher up, since I don't have friends with fancy machines ;D) and the bed in the rear.

Yours still looks better than mine though! (..And more expensive, at least so far).

One thing I have to point out that I don't know if I recall reading here when I've been through the pages in the past but.. Cutting the front of the body and then finding a way to install some new bumper can be scary but it's sooo worth it. Just from a performance aspect (Or maybe it's just in my head), I found that after doing that, it became so much easier to move around. The approach angles got better. Less of the whole thing of approaching something from the side so you can swing the front tires out just to get some traction up the rocks. Because going straight at them previously just ended in a "thunk!" sound of the front bumping into the rocks.

In the end, I think I'll settle for thanking you while letting my bank account curse you, fair? I think that's fair!
Equim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6x6, g63, trx-4, trx-6, trx6

Modding my TRX-6 *Progression* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my new wraith (progression) crawler nut Axial Wraith 285 06-24-2019 10:25 PM
My AX 10 progression MaD222 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 04-24-2012 07:06 PM
progression of a dream, a toyota. 907toytaco Axial SCX-10 19 03-24-2011 02:46 PM
Gate Progression Question Cruzin Illusion WRCCA Rules 9 03-05-2010 05:05 PM