Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: New reciever?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2021, 03:47 AM   #1

Default New reciever?

I'm really close to buying a trx4 bronco but I want to be able to use the flysky gt5 radio I got with the gen8 since it sounds like it's a better radio anyways.

I'm very new to this hobby, is it as simple as buying a bs6 receiver (or any other compatible with my radio), unplug the wires from the traxxas receiver, plug them into the bs6, then bind it and do all the end point adjustments?

Sorry if it's a silly question but I've been searching various resources for a while now and can't find relevant information.

How's a noob to know if he's going to light his new rc on fire or not.
Corrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2021, 04:46 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New reciever?

I’m no expert but to my knowledge, yes it really is that simple. Esc powers receiver and and receiver binds to transmitter. I switched to a cheap flysky because of how much I hated the stock radio on my scx10.2. Literally swapped receivers, bind, and I was crawling again with lots more adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:52 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You just need to set up a new model on the radio, then mind the receiver to that model and you are in business.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:17 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I’ll echo what has already been said.

Yep. That easy.

I’m running both Trx4 and new to me Gspeed on my GT5.

I just switch back and forth between the models.

No issues.
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #5

Awesome, thanks for the replies everyone!
Old 01-13-2021, 11:25 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Just make sure you're careful when setting up the center, end points and servo reversing for the two diff lock servos and the 2spd servo. I'd recommend disconnecting the ball joint off the servo savers on all three of those BEFORE you plug them into the new receiver. Make your adjustments by eye and then snap the ball back on. Also keep in mind, you'll most likely end up using the two rotary channels on the top of the TX. One for each of your lockers. While I haven't converted either of my TRX4s yet, from my under standing, the three position switch can only be used for the diff locks if you have a way to reverse the direction of one of the servos. This usually is only done with an inline servo reverser, or a programmable servo.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:04 PM   #7
RCC Addict

U can also use the flysky fs-ia6 rx with the gt5. Its a lil bigger than the bs6 n the it plugs in from the end, not the top. Thats wat ive been using, they were a lil cheaper than the bs6
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
Just make sure you're careful when setting up the center, end points and servo reversing for the two diff lock servos and the 2spd servo. I'd recommend disconnecting the ball joint off the servo savers on all three of those BEFORE you plug them into the new receiver. Make your adjustments by eye and then snap the ball back on. Also keep in mind, you'll most likely end up using the two rotary channels on the top of the TX. One for each of your lockers. While I haven't converted either of my TRX4s yet, from my under standing, the three position switch can only be used for the diff locks if you have a way to reverse the direction of one of the servos. This usually is only done with an inline servo reverser, or a programmable servo.
Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely disconnect the ball joints then. As for the other stuff, I think I know what you mean but maybe not . I feel like it's going to be a bit of trial and error since it's my first time modifying an rc's electronics.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
U can also use the flysky fs-ia6 rx with the gt5. Its a lil bigger than the bs6 n the it plugs in from the end, not the top. Thats wat ive been using, they were a lil cheaper than the bs6
Damn, I immediately ordered a bs6 and a couple more batteries from Amazon lol.

New reciever? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reciever help Motorhead Electronics 1 08-25-2010 09:05 PM
What reciever? mmbackpacker Electronics 2 08-30-2008 02:11 PM
reciever help mattman23 Electronics 1 10-21-2007 03:23 PM